Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:16 pm Car doesn’t have mount points. Bah.
:rage:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

We can drill the roof if you want...
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:rage:
Apex

Wasteful, this is what you should get to replace Burble. It's in Philly too.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche- ... turbo.html

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:32 pm
:dat:

Add an aftermarket sunroof while we're at it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:38 pm Wasteful, this is what you should get to replace Burble. It's in Philly too.

Awesome
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:38 pm Wasteful, this is what you should get to replace Burble. It's in Philly too.

No way that car should be street parked.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Oh wow :megusta: but damn that's a lot of money for an old car. Comes with roof mounts doe. If it were under $40k where it belongs...
Next car will be automatic. Maybe a truck thing. Maybe a luxury aintcaremobile.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:45 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Add an aftermarket sunroof while we're at it.
:lolol: :gaydance:
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:52 pm

No way that car should be street parked.
No different than any other car being street parked. IDK, a bumper is a bumper who cares. I see plenty of 996's parked on the street. These ones didn't have an IMS to worry about but that doesn't mean they're exactly reliable or easy to own.

That car needs a GT3 center console delete, an aftermarket radio, and then it's perfection. Would be a handful in the city.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:24 pm

Oh wow :megusta: but damn that's a lot of money for an old car. Comes with roof mounts doe. If it were under $40k where it belongs...
Auto's are a good 10k cheaper than the 6MT's, I've seen auto's down in the 30's before too.

Epic car, and less likely to blow up than a regular 996.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:32 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:24 pm

Auto's are a good 10k cheaper than the 6MT's, I've seen auto's down in the 30's before too.

Wonder what Fled thinks about their reliability and running costs. Killer car.
$50 grand doe. $15k more than my car with similar-ish performance. And old car problems and Porsche repair costs.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:44 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:32 pm

$50 grand doe. $15k more than my car with similar-ish performance. And old car problems and Porsche repair costs.
996 Turbro is over 400hp and torque.

Oil change is like 10quarts doe IIRC.
Last edited by Apex on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:32 pm Auto's are a good 10k cheaper than the 6MT's, I've seen auto's down in the 30's before too.

996 GT3 and turbo are the reliable ones. I want one of each, turbo for DD and GT3 for autox. Fried eggs are tasty enough for me.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:51 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
996 GT3 and turbo are the reliable ones. I want one of each, turbo for DD and GT3 for autox. Fried eggs are tasty enough for me.
I like the way they look. Would be a killer car no doubt. This one.... I dunno the price seems high on it. If it were $40-42k then yeah that's a not bad price. I just don't think the 996's are appreciating yet to command that sort of price.
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:51 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:44 pm

996 Turbro is over 400hp and torque.

Oil change is like 10quarts doe IIRC.
Oil change would be expensive af. But only once a year and there's a homie hookup to be had.
I'm more wondering about random bs that breaks and requires engine out services to fix. The 996 generation didn't come at a time when Porsche was exactly doing a good job engineering stuff for durability. This engine is based on an older Metzger one, yeah, but still the company was cutting corners. I foresee this being a very expensive car to own as a daily.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:51 pm 996 GT3 and turbo are the reliable ones. I want one of each, turbo for DD and GT3 for autox. Fried eggs are tasty enough for me.
I like the way they look. Would be a killer car no doubt. This one.... I dunno the price seems high on it. If it were $40-42k then yeah that's a not bad price. I just don't think the 996's are appreciating yet to command that sort of price.
The turbos have been appreciating for the past year or two and will likely continue or stay flat for the foreseeable future.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
The turbos have been appreciating for the past year or two and will likely continue or stay flat for the foreseeable future.

The pleb spec 996's will continue to go down in price, but the Turbo's will most likely remain where they are. People are noticing the performance/dollhair with them, and they would make an epic daily.
Johnny_P

troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Oh wow. So more cash outlay than my car but similar overall cost to own. Not bad.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:01 pm The turbos have been appreciating for the past year or two and will likely continue or stay flat for the foreseeable future.
Oh wow. So more cash outlay than my car but similar overall cost to own. Not bad.
Yeah the :manuel: 996 turbro is done depreciating until the 991.2 cars depreciate down below $50k... if that ever happens at all.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Appreciating cars is :fullretard: type situation it makes no sense and is temporary.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:41 pm Appreciating cars is :fullretard: type situation it makes no sense and is temporary.
I doubt it over the long haul. In say 30 years, cars as we know them today likely won't be sold new at all, maybe a few really high end, sports car things, but most will be self driving by that time, so modern, sporty, rare stuff will be worth a lot for the foreseeable future. Granted, maintaining a 911 for 30 years would be a lot of money, so it's still a bad "investment" , but it's maybe not a ton more to own than most other cars, like say Johnny's tractor or your G-Cam.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:30 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:41 pm Appreciating cars is :fullretard: type situation it makes no sense and is temporary.
I doubt it over the long haul. In say 30 years, cars as we know them today likely won't be sold new at all, maybe a few really high end, sports car things, but most will be self driving by that time, so modern, sporty, rare stuff will be worth a lot for the foreseeable future. Granted, maintaining a 911 for 30 years would be a lot of money, so it's still a bad "investment" , but it's maybe not a ton more to own than most other cars, like say Johnny's tractor or your G-Cam.
This is not how the cookie crumbles... We're at "PEAK CAR" at the moment. The future generations will give exactly 0 fucks about them as this type of transport is inefficient, dirty, slow, dangerous, expensive. 99.9% of all cars will go the way of the carriage. Sure some rich fucks still breed horses to the day and ride in carriages... But a 993 ain't no Duesenberg. Now this isn't 5-10 years from now... but 25-30 for sure. There is no investment in these things...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:33 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:30 pm

This is not how the cookie crumbles... We're at "PEAK CAR" at the moment. The future generations will give exactly 0 fucks about them as this type of transport is inefficient, dirty, slow, dangerous, expensive. 99.9% of all cars will go the way of the carriage. Sure some rich fucks still breed horses to the day and ride in carriages... But a 993 ain't no Duesenberg. Now this isn't 5-10 years from now... but 25-30 for sure. There is no investment in these things...
I agree with you that most cars will be, but the special, enthusiast stuff will be valuable, at least until everyone born pre-1990 shits the bed.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:33 pm

I agree with you that most cars will be, but the special, enthusiast stuff will be valuable, at least until everyone born pre-1990 shits the bed.
they will eventually, we're already seeing a monumental shift in transportation patterns. It is foolish to just sit like a :derp: and ignore it... Which is why the Big 3 manufacturers are throwing money left and right trying to crack the autonomous code