So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Newer case. Super cool design (in my opinion), easily pocketable, and super slim. Cost the same as the first case I had, $39.99

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:22 pm Newer case. Super cool design (in my opinion), easily pocketable, and super slim. Cost the same as the first case I had, $39.99

Tacticool! :hue:
razr390

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:22 pm Newer case. Super cool design (in my opinion), easily pocketable, and super slim. Cost the same as the first case I had, $39.99

:narc: :hue:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex

razr390 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:54 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 pm

How thick is it? :hue:
razr390

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:57 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:54 pm

How thick is it? :hue:
It’s super slim. It’s not like a “otter box” case whatsoever
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:11 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:14 am slightly ot: but some fracking guud dills on craftsman toolz
http://www.sears.com/tools/b-1020000?ut ... _craftsman

Thanks again for the pointer.

I just got home from my local sears where I checked out this combo: http://www.sears.com/craftsman-pro-seri ... ckType=G15

Looked great, so I came home and bought it and setup delivery for next Saturday.
No probs man
brain go brrrrrr
Apex

Grabbed a food dehydrator from an Amazon lightning :dill:

Now to find recipes for jerky!
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 am Grabbed a food dehydrator from an Amazon lightning :dill:

I got an 8 tray setup. When I was in full blown Keto mode I was dehydrating 10 pounds of bacon at a time.
We did sweet potato chips for a while, but it's way too labor intensive. You'd fill that bitch up to the top with big ass slabs of sweet potato slices and they'd shrink to half their size. All that work for a small bag of chips that you could easily eat in one sitting.
Look into a meat ejector or whatever.. Shit, lemme find what it's called. You season and cure your ground meat, and then press it into shapes and dehydrate that.

Jerky gun. That's what it's called.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001795P3K/re ... 33950&sr=1

My only other advice, find what model you've got and buy more trays. The 2-4 trays they come with fill QUICK. I had 8 and I nearly always maxed them out.
Apex

Acid666 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:54 am
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 am Grabbed a food dehydrator from an Amazon lightning :dill:

I got an 8 tray setup. When I was in full blown Keto mode I was dehydrating 10 pounds of bacon at a time.
We did sweet potato chips for a while, but it's way too labor intensive. You'd fill that bitch up to the top with big ass slabs of sweet potato slices and they'd shrink to half their size. All that work for a small bag of chips that you could easily eat in one sitting.
Look into a meat ejector or whatever.. Shit, lemme find what it's called. You season and cure your ground meat, and then press it into shapes and dehydrate that.

My only other advice, find what model you've got and buy more trays. The 2-4 trays they come with fill QUICK. I had 8 and I nearly always maxed them out.
Good tip is good. Thanks!
Acid666

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:59 am Good tip is good. Thanks!
It doesn't matter how many trays you have. It'll still dehydrate everything in it. We'd usually do it overnight and would hate to break up our stuff into 2 separate dehydrating sessions, hence why we ordered more trays.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wishlisted. I did jery a few times with whole meat. Its $$, its a PITA to cut, etc. This will make the shit next level easy, and cheap.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:08 am

wishlisted. I did jery a few times with whole meat. Its $$, its a PITA to cut, etc. This will make the shit next level easy, and cheap.
Yeah, people rave about making your own jerky and how great it is "JERKY'S SO EXPENSIVE! BUY MY MACHINE AND YOU CAN SAVE SO MUCH 4$$!"
But meat can be pricey. You've gotta find a local spot that's got a good cut that goes on sale often. For us, we found that Albertsons had sales often on a bunch of stuff... It was mostly a ripoff. Shit like "3 packages of XYZ cut for the price of 1!", only to realize they just upped the price. BUT! Their London Broil was often actually on sale with 2 for 1s. I found it was a good texture for jerky and reasonably priced.
I got a Harbor Freight meat slicer for cheap and I'd just cut up about 5-10 pounds into strips and then marinate them in a mixture of teriyaki, Worcestershire , soy, honey and a few other things.

As for the jerky gun, they're cheap and help with not having to fuck with the meat by rolling it or flattening yourself, and then moving it to your trays and watching it crumble because it's got nothing to hold on to. I think we used to mix a couple of eggs with the ground beef when we were seasoning to help it hold its shape better. it's been a while though so I may have to revisit some old website links where I got a lot of my information.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Bought a new bell for my road bike last weekend.

:waxer: but these are hands down the best bells on the market. They're the only ones that pierce through headphones so runners actually get out of your way.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:42 pm Bought a new bell for my road bike last weekend.

:waxer: but these are hands down the best bells on the market. They're the only ones that pierce through headphones so runners actually get out of your way.
Does it work on a mountain bike?
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:07 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:42 pm Bought a new bell for my road bike last weekend.

Works on any bike, breh. It attaches with metal bands that you tension. Each bell ships with a big and small band for different size bars. I have a silver one on the MTB. Only word of caution is the bell and the hammer sit off the bars a decent amount. If you're one to flip your bike upside down for trail maintenance, be sure to arrange it so the bell and hammer won't bear the weight of your bike. I have mine installed upside down for this reason.
Last edited by Johnny_P on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:

Does it work on a car to get bikers out of the way? :triggered:
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:40 pm
Apex wrote:
Does it work on a car to get bikers out of the way? :triggered:
Just plow them over with your :truk:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:39 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Works on any bike, breh. It attaches with metal bands that you tension. Each bell ships with a big and small band for different size bars. I have a silver one on the MTB. Only word of caution is the bell and the hammer sit off the bars a decent amount. If you're one to flip your bike upside down for trail maintenance, be sure to arrange it so the bell and hammer won't bear the weight of your bike. I have mine installed upside down for this reason.
Like the bars on the MTB you won't buy? :hue:
Johnny_P

I need to try out my new road bike shoes. I haven't ridden on them yet. I went with the purple ones and they look fucking awesome.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:46 pm I need to try out my new road bike shoes. I haven't ridden on them yet. I went with the purple ones and they look fucking awesome.
:sass:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:45 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:39 pm

It'll work on them. Those bars are likely to be risers and won't suffer that same interference issue. Maybe. Who knows. :whocares:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:46 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:46 pm I need to try out my new road bike shoes. I haven't ridden on them yet. I went with the purple ones and they look fucking awesome.
In reality I should just :nuke: that bike and get a do-it-all cyclocross bike.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:48 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:46 pm

In reality I should just :nuke: that bike and get a do-it-all cyclocross bike.
In reality, you should just do something.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:47 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:45 pm

It'll work on them. Those bars are likely to be risers and won't suffer that same interference issue. Maybe. Who knows. :whocares:
:lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Wife and I both got pixel 2s. So $1400 of useless shit.