OT 11: Troyway to Heaven

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:59 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:23 am

If the couch hasn't been christened, sounds like it's time for :crang: to get to work on a parting gift.
:zing:
__|
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
__8==000==D
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
:lolol: :bravo:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:20 am
__|
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
__8==000==D
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
:lolol: :bravo:
:ohdang: I just got it! :lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Johnny_W typin’ like a brogrammer
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Lead forwarded an email to me from last Wednesday.. "Did Shane (boss) send this to you? I don't see that it's been started at all.."

"No, this is the first I'm seeing of it. I'll get on it right now."

:rage:

I don't understand how our boss is so bad at that stuff. All RFQs come to him, and he's supposed to just forward all of them to me. If he's gonna miss them like that, he needs to have them either go directly to Chris (lead) or me, since I either action them myself, or delegate them out to the other two team members.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

SAWCE wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:33 pm Lead forwarded an email to me from last Wednesday.. "Did Shane (boss) send this to you? I don't see that it's been started at all.."

"No, this is the first I'm seeing of it. I'll get on it right now."

:rage:

I don't understand how our boss is so bad at that stuff. All RFQs come to him, and he's supposed to just forward all of them to me. If he's gonna miss them like that, he needs to have them either go directly to Chris (lead) or me, since I either action them myself, or delegate them out to the other two team members.
Clearly your boss is inept and there is a lack of communication. I feel like this shouldn't be your responsibility to complete some task ASAP that you should've known about already. Fuck that.

Have him set up a rule in Outlook to auto-forward RFQ's to you.

Or even more efficient...create a distribution list containing your team members, and the RFQ's get forwarded to the list, that way everyone sees it. Then you can delegate.
:crang:
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Tits and ass to the DFD

wap wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:47 am
datgrundle wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 am I feel like I need to learn more about managing people.. Sometimes its a struggle to get my sales guys to fucking call people (non issue with Zillion). Can anyone suggest books or materials that you've found useful in learning to manage?
Are you talking specifically about cold calling, because cold calling suuuuucks and I've always had a hard time with it. I've never found any tips, books, lectures, etc, that helped me. That's one yuuge reason why I'm so :fuckyeah: about getting out of sales at my company earlier this year. One thing that partially helped me was to start the day with calling either existing customers, or what we called orphans, ie, companies that used to be active customers but for whatever reason haven't bought from us for at least a year. I had some success with orphans and calling them got me into a groove which made it easier to make pure cold calls. They never stopped sucking, :doe:

edit: just realized you asked for management books, not actual customer calling help. Sorry. :derp:
So I direct the internet and phone traffic here. These are all people who have recently given us their email and/or phone number. Some salesguys only call the customers once or twice when the follow up is expected as far out as 90 days with frequency of outreach reducing as the lead ages. I can put a more strict call tracking method in place but this is micro managing and I feel that breeds resentment. I want them to be motivated to push themselves and not have me do a bunch of babysitting.
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:49 am
datgrundle wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 am I feel like I need to learn more about managing people.. Sometimes its a struggle to get my sales guys to fucking call people (non issue with Zillion). Can anyone suggest books or materials that you've found useful in learning to manage?
Is there push-back from the sales guys not wanting to call? Ie. do they just not know what to say and are nervous about making calls?

This doesn't even sound like cold-calling doe... So it should be easy, unless the sales guys just suck at customer service.
So I direct the internet and phone traffic here. These are all people who have recently given us their email and/or phone number. Some salesguys only call the customers once or twice when the follow up is expected as far out as 90 days with frequency of outreach reducing as the lead ages. I can put a more strict call tracking method in place but this is micro managing and I feel that breeds resentment. I want them to be motivated to push themselves and not have me do a bunch of babysitting. Its all peaches and roses when we talk to them about calling and then bad habits set right back in.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:14 pm Johnny_W typin’ like a brogrammer
In a post-postmodern online art world, the merger of ASCII art and emoji is the newest, hottest trend on Snapface stories.
Apex

datgrundle wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Is there push-back from the sales guys not wanting to call? Ie. do they just not know what to say and are nervous about making calls?

This doesn't even sound like cold-calling doe... So it should be easy, unless the sales guys just suck at customer service.
So I direct the internet and phone traffic here. These are all people who have recently given us their email and/or phone number. Some salesguys only call the customers once or twice when the follow up is expected as far out as 90 days with frequency of outreach reducing as the lead ages. I can put a more strict call tracking method in place but this is micro managing and I feel that breeds resentment. I want them to be motivated to push themselves and not have me do a bunch of babysitting. Its all peaches and roses when we talk to them about calling and then bad habits set right back in.
Just give everything to [user not found]. [user not found] will become :waxer: and all the other sales douches will either step up or step out.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

So I did the same thing when I was the internet manager at Team. Followup was atrocious when I took over. I told everyone that I'd just round robin all the leads as they come in and there'd be no favoritism, and you'd get the full 90 days of ownership of them. Don't want internet leads? No problem!

More than 2/3 of the sales monkeys didn't do any phone or email followup. Took the lead, made an initial email or call to tag ownership of the prospect and that was it.

I tracked the numbers for a few weeks and there was no change. I stopped giving the offenders leads, and when they came to bitch, I asked why I should even bother because of a <1% closing rate and a sub 5% appointment rate.

I queued up tons of different automatic email chains depending on the prospect/source/vehicle, that were intentionally written as an informal follow up email in a conversational style instead of a boilerplate script that everyone knows. Had the CRM automate all of the emails and bounce them back to me with any responses and tracked it that way. Ended up whittling it down to four people who understood all they had to do was call people once or twice a day - and this was back in 2009-10 before internet leads were really as stupid as they are today.

I ended up reasoning with them: if the dealership is buying a lead, and you do nothing with it, why should I continue pissing money away for you?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

stripethree wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:51 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:14 pm Johnny_W typin’ like a brogrammer
In a post-postmodern online art world, the merger of ASCII art and emoji is the newest, hottest trend on Snapface stories.
:mindblown:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am
nuggstein wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:44 am So my roommate is most likely moving to another floor in the same building we currently live in. that's great, He wants all of the furniture.

My question to you guys/girls is this...what is a fair trade-off/payment for what we own? We split everything down the middle when we moved in.

This is what we have at the prices we paid (for new things):

Couch: $800
Table + 4 chairs: $400
Coffee Table + Corner Table: ~ $100
TV Stand: ~ $100
Living Room 50"4K TV: $650

Total: ~$2050, each spent ~$1025.

He said he would take all of the furniture and let me take the TV...which I don't think is a fair trade unless he gave me additional money. Not sure how furniture depreciates vs. TV over two years. My girlfriend has a TV from 2011 that's like 55 pounds, and I don't really want it, and it's 47".

So my options are, take the TV + some sort of payment (how much?, $100-$200?) , or let him take everything and I'll get some sort of payment (how much? $600-$700?)

Thank you. :)
Used furniture ain't worth shit. Buy stuff you and your girlfriend like. Say you'll take the TV + TV stand if you want it.
this is the correct answer here.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

If the couch hasn't been christened, sounds like it's time for :crang: to get to work on a parting gift.
__|
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
__8==000==D
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
:lolgasm:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

__|
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
__8==000==D
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
POTD
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote:
D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:51 am Man I wish I didn't have a demo until 7 :disappoint:
Did you bring clipless pedals and shoes, or you just going to use flats?
I just wear regular sneakers :iono: :pussy:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:23 am If the couch hasn't been christened, sounds like it's time for :crang: to get to work on a parting gift.
__|
__|\
__|_\
__|__\
__8==000==D
__|\
__|_\
__|__\

POTD.
wap

Sounds like constant reinforcement and reminders and monitoring are needed.
wap

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:27 pm

So I did the same thing when I was the internet manager at Team. Followup was atrocious when I took over. I told everyone that I'd just round robin all the leads as they come in and there'd be no favoritism, and you'd get the full 90 days of ownership of them. Don't want internet leads? No problem!

More than 2/3 of the sales monkeys didn't do any phone or email followup. Took the lead, made an initial email or call to tag ownership of the prospect and that was it.

I tracked the numbers for a few weeks and there was no change. I stopped giving the offenders leads, and when they came to bitch, I asked why I should even bother because of a <1% closing rate and a sub 5% appointment rate.

I queued up tons of different automatic email chains depending on the prospect/source/vehicle, that were intentionally written as an informal follow up email in a conversational style instead of a boilerplate script that everyone knows. Had the CRM automate all of the emails and bounce them back to me with any responses and tracked it that way. Ended up whittling it down to four people who understood all they had to do was call people once or twice a day - and this was back in 2009-10 before internet leads were really as stupid as they are today.

I ended up reasoning with them: if the dealership is buying a lead, and you do nothing with it, why should I continue pissing money away for you?
:notbad:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:26 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
Did you bring clipless pedals and shoes, or you just going to use flats?
I just wear regular sneakers :iono: :pussy:
I'd suggest you avoid Belmont. Wiss should be do-able but Belmont has too many logs and other things you need to jump and kick the back up over.
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

:crang:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

nuggstein wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:06 pm
:bravo: I :hue:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

such slip, so floor

also, cellphone video-ception. :disappoint:
brain go brrrrrr
datgrundle
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I working on much the same sort of thing. Fortunately, the sales managers are backing me up and are willing to clean house of the lazy people. The store's traffic is mostly internet and we need should be doing double our current cars if we are staffed with people who can work internet leads and speak well on the phone.
wap

:lolol:
:derp:
Apex

datgrundle wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:28 pm

I working on much the same sort of thing. Fortunately, the sales managers are backing me up and are willing to clean house of the lazy people. The store's traffic is mostly internet and we need should be doing double our current cars if we are staffed with people who can work internet leads and speak well on the phone.
Send me leads, I'll chat them up while I'm at my jerb. :lol: