YOU CAN'T AFFORD NOT TO READ THIS THREAD!!! TRAVEL DEALZZZ

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

09vdubgti wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:51 am Emirates recently had a deal from Newark to Athens for $360 RT.
That's dirt cheap. I'll keep that in mind when I visit istanbul and take advantage of that steal.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I am told Etihad does financing on plane tickets to UAE cities. Which is good and bad, cause some middle easterns will take advantage of that the minute they'll find out, they'll be like ants going for a dropped bread crumb and refuse to pay monthly payments. Especially Paki's :angry:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:06 pm
09vdubgti wrote:
referring to WOW airlines?

They started flying out of Newark, never have I found them fly for anywhere near their advertised prices. I was excited when they announced Newark as a new destination, but never found any good deals with them yet.
Probably Icelandair. They are great but on the verge of bankruptcy.
Haven't they been for a while now, :doe: ?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Yea, WOW airlines. They just announced flights from Detroit to Iceland.

It's just like all those other low cost airlines. The only way to get the advertised price is to fly only with a backpack and not chose your seats. It's not cheaper than other airlines if you fly with a carryon and pay to chose seats...but it's like $100/way, so for $400 round trip we both could fly there and check it out for a few days. Would be a fun adventure.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:16 am Yea, WOW airlines. They just announced flights from Detroit to Iceland.

It's just like all those other low cost airlines. The only way to get the advertised price is to fly only with a backpack and not chose your seats. It's not cheaper than other airlines if you fly with a carryon and pay to chose seats...but it's like $100/way, so for $400 round trip we both could fly there and check it out for a few days. Would be a fun adventure.
They've had some pretty :notsure: reviews so caveat emptor.
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:55 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:16 am Yea, WOW airlines. They just announced flights from Detroit to Iceland.

No worse than any other discount airline. I've never flown a discount airline, so I'm curious to try it just once.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:06 pm
wap wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:55 pm

No worse than any other discount airline. I've never flown a discount airline, so I'm curious to try it just once.
:doit: then in4deets
:popcorn:
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Forester

WOW flight attendants are fucking gorgeous though.

Icelander too though.

Icelandic women are just <3
ChrisoftheNorth

09vdubgti wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:50 pm WOW flight attendants are fucking gorgeous though.

Icelander too though.

:fuckyeah:
wap

09vdubgti wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:50 pm WOW flight attendants are fucking gorgeous though.

Icelander too though.

Can confirm. :jimp:
They seem to come in 2 types. The typical Scandinavian blonde and the black-haired ones like Bjork.

Actually, all Scandinavian womenz are :jimp:
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Recently seen this wildly painted livery on an airplane. Looked like it had a tribal design.

Turns out its a TAP airplane, pretty cool design advertising their stop over program which is fairly moderately new. You could stop for a 3-5 days in Lisbon or Porto with no extra charge.

wap

09vdubgti wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:46 pm Recently seen this wildly painted livery on an airplane. Looked like it had a tribal design.

Turns out its a TAP airplane, pretty cool design advertising their stop over program which is fairly moderately new. You could stop for a 3-5 days in Lisbon or Porto with no extra charge.

:megusta:
That's awesome. Lisbon is a 5/7 :fuckyeah: little city. Would definitely go back.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:45 pm

Icelander too though.

They seem to come in 2 types. The typical Scandinavian blonde and the black-haired ones like Bjork.

When I was flying back from Istanbul, I stopped by Copenhagen for layover (first time ever in the scandinavia), girls are just :jizz:

Also as I was flying to DC, I had a nice blonde (prob in her late 30's) that sat next to me, but she's :fuckyeah: hot. She's almost as tall as me.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:00 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:46 pm Recently seen this wildly painted livery on an airplane. Looked like it had a tribal design.

That's awesome. Lisbon is a 5/7 :fuckyeah: little city. Would definitely go back.
I need to go there one day. I believe couple weeks ago, I was watching Anthony Bourdain with family, there was an episode of Lisbon, it kinda reminded me of being in Greece and some parts of Turkey.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:08 pm
wap wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:45 pm

When I was flying back from Istanbul, I stopped by Copenhagen for layover (first time ever in the scandinavia), girls are just :jizz:

Also as I was flying to DC, I had a nice blonde (prob in her late 30's) that sat next to me, but she's :fuckyeah: hot. She's almost as tall as me.
:notbad:
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:11 pm
wap wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:00 pm

I need to go there one day. I believe couple weeks ago, I was watching Anthony Bourdain with family, there was an episode of Lisbon, it kinda reminded me of being in Greece and some parts of Turkey.
Yea there are hillsides with whitewashed houses with red clay tile roofs that look like our corner of the world.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:20 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Yea there are hillsides with whitewashed houses with red clay tile roofs that look like our corner of the world.
:dat: and the fishing/wine lifestyle as well. They were boating on fishing, which is also popular there as well.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:51 pm
wap wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:20 pm

:dat: and the fishing/wine lifestyle as well. They were boating on fishing, which is also popular there as well.
Right! They are also a seafaring nation and their seafood is :drool:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:56 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:51 pm

and that's why I wanna go there, when I watched the episode, it made me feel at home.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:20 pm
wap wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:56 pm

and that's why I wanna go there, when I watched the episode, it made me feel at home.
Yea you'd like it.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Speaking of Icelandair, I just got this. Gift from a friend who works for the airline.

Don't know why, but I love amenity kits. Have a little collection.

wap

09vdubgti wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:25 pm Speaking of Icelandair, I just got this. Gift from a friend who works for the airline.

Sweet! What was in it?
wap

And speaking of Iceland, here's another :notbad: deal from Gate 1:

https://www.gate1travel.com/thedeal/171 ... da6456320b
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:38 pm
09vdubgti wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:25 pm Speaking of Icelandair, I just got this. Gift from a friend who works for the airline.

Sweet! What was in it?
usual, lip balm, hand cream, face cream from Blue Lagoon. Socks, really nice eye covers (dont know what they're called), tooth brush and paste and floss. Presentation was really nice they wrapped them inside a black icelandair wax paper wrapped in a bow.
09vdubgti
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

wap wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:38 pm And speaking of Iceland, here's another :notbad: deal from Gate 1:

https://www.gate1travel.com/thedeal/171 ... da6456320b
Thats a good deal.

Which also reminds me, my passport has expired.