Political Wasteland

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:04 pm https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... e295ed56b7
One of the two suspects accused of raping a 14-year-old student at Rockville High School was picked up by a U.S. Border Patrol agent in Texas seven months ago, determined to have illegally entered the country, and issued a notice to appear in immigration court, federal officials said Monday.
Time to extend the sanctuary laws to crimes also.
not only should these poor lovely hardworking ppl get free healthcare and education. But they don't our laws so they need a get out of Jail Free card.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:02 pm I can see no problem with having 17 and 18 year olds enrolled as high school freshmen, even if they aren't illegal rapists. :notsure: :wtf:

We had this old puerto rican dude that was like 23 in high school because he was doing remedial half the time and the other time he was at technical school. He had a 1997 Lincoln Town Car on 26" wheels, with a sound system that would open the trunk with the rattles, and a huge puerto rican flag on the window with Boricua under it.

It was :impressive:

He also had "grillz" in his mouth.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

A purdy chart to illustrate the filthy plague known commonly as humanity. More interesting then political. Image
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

brain go brrrrrr
max225

Should have given it to a muslim woman studying east african tribal art instead.
max225

https://www.yahoo.com/news/calexit-back ... ction.html

Wait what the actual fuck.
The secretary of state's office confirmed that Marcus Ruiz Evans, vice president of the Yes California Independence Campaign, notified officials he intends to withdraw the California Nationhood ballot measure.

The group's president, Louis Marinelli, said in a lengthy message to supporters that he is seeking permanent residence in Russia. He said supporters may try again to separate California from the rest of the United States sometime in the future.
:wat:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wtf:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:rolleyes: :whocares:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

putting this here

Rubbutal to Kimmel's speech. Also, he's not that funny, mean tweets and i ate all your candy are all people watch, he does this shit cause his ratings are in the shitter

brain go brrrrrr
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

I miss Craig Ferguson.....
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:21 pm putting this here

Rubbutal to Kimmel's speech. Also, he's not that funny, mean tweets and i ate all your candy are all people watch, he does this shit cause his ratings are in the shitter

I'm gonna try to watch this in a bit. I watched a piece of Ben Shapiro's interview with Joe Rogan and it's good. It's 2+ hours so I need to listen to it in spurts.
He sums up Trump pretty accurately in the podcast.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Acid666 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:29 am I'm gonna try to watch this in a bit. I watched a piece of Ben Shapiro's interview with Joe Rogan and it's good. It's 2+ hours so I need to listen to it in spurts.
Got a link or podcast title for the lazy? I'd be interested in listening to this.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:12 am
Acid666 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:29 am I'm gonna try to watch this in a bit. I watched a piece of Ben Shapiro's interview with Joe Rogan and it's good. It's 2+ hours so I need to listen to it in spurts.
Got a link or podcast title for the lazy? I'd be interested in listening to this.
http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/ben-shapiro
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Muchas gracias.
Acid666

stripethree wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:12 am

in case you want a Youtube link. I'm finishing it up now at my desk at work.
I'm not really left, more in the middle with common sense, and I know that Shapiro is more conservative, but man I really love his counter arguments for a lot of things. It's like he's not so far to the right that he's gone over the edge.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Acid666 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:09 pm in case you want a Youtube link. I'm finishing it up now at my desk at work.
I'm not really left, more in the middle with common sense, and I know that Shapiro is more conservative, but man I really love his counter arguments for a lot of things. It's like he's not so far to the right that he's gone over the edge.
So far (about an hour in) I agree w/your comments on Shaprio. He glossed over BLM in a manner that makes me think there might be a little empathy lacking there but it is a small sample. I'd have to hear more on that topic, we'll see if it comes back in the second hour.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

An hour 20 in. Shaprio's views and words on transgender people are pretty tone deaf and the analogies/comparisons he is making on the subject are pretty bad.

That makes me think about how binary things have become on an individual's personal views. You can't go say "I agree with a person on A but not B". We seem to have gotten to a point where you have to either agree with everything a person says/views or nothing at all.
Acid666

stripethree wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:21 pm An hour 20 in. Shaprio's views and words on transgender people are pretty tone deaf and the analogies/comparisons he is making on the subject are pretty bad.

That makes me think about how binary things have become on an individual's personal views. You can't go say "I agree with a person on A but not B". We seem to have gotten to a point where you have to either agree with everything a person says/views or nothing at all.
Which part of the transgender argument are tone deaf?
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I would have to find it again for the exact language but the two things that sum it up where "well, if I'm a man and can just say I'm a woman, I can also just say I'm a chicken" and when he says transgender people all suffer from mental illness. I'm picking two short phrases, but it is a part of a larger argument where he invalidates the entire idea of someone being transgender.

I would be curious to know if he has had conversations or any interactions with a transgender person, ever.
Acid666

stripethree wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:17 pm I would have to find it again for the exact language but the two things that sum it up where "well, if I'm a man and can just say I'm a woman, I can also just say I'm a chicken" and when he says transgender people all suffer from mental illness. I'm picking two short phrases, but it is a part of a larger argument where he invalidates the entire idea of someone being transgender.

I would be curious to know if he has had conversations or any interactions with a transgender person, ever.

He actually has. He was threatened by a journalist in a panel once because he refused to call the guy a girl. I agree with his points about people all of a sudden redefining gender and saying that everyone else needs to go along with it. He mentioned the girl asking him the question about gender and how it basically wasn't separate from biology, and he asked her if you're 22 why can't you be 60 and she was dumbfounded.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I don't understand it, mainly because I've never had a conversation with a transgender person.

Make all bathrooms unisex, fuck it. :aintcare:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:51 pm I don't understand it, mainly because I've never had a conversation with a transgender person.

:dat:
They work fine all over Europe. They've existed there for decades and they are not thought twice about. I've used plenty and it's :whocares: Every urinal and every toilet is in a little room with floor to ceiling walls and door, and sinks are in a large common room. NBD at all.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Acid666

wap wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:13 pm
Melon wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:51 pm I don't understand it, mainly because I've never had a conversation with a transgender person.

:dat:
They work fine all over Europe. They've existed there for decades and they are not thought twice about. I've used plenty and it's :whocares: Every urinal and every toilet is in a little room with floor to ceiling walls and door, and sinks are in a large common room. NBD at all.

AT work we use the women's bathroom for #2s. We call it "The Palace".
Cuz we only have 1 woman working here and we're 6 guys.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Acid666 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:41 pm He actually has. He was threatened by a journalist in a panel once because he refused to call the guy a girl. I agree with his points about people all of a sudden redefining gender and saying that everyone else needs to go along with it. He mentioned the girl asking him the question about gender and how it basically wasn't separate from biology, and he asked her if you're 22 why can't you be 60 and she was dumbfounded.
Cool, thanks for posting those.

The "gender and how it basically wasn't separate from biology" strikes me as a difference in definition of terms. If there is no baseline in the definition of terms then there is really no way to have a constructive debate on the differences beyond that baseline. He is defining gender in the biological sense which, if you go to a dictionary, is incorrect. It is defined as a state of being male or female. That devolves into an argument over semantics, rapidly & predictably. The definition of sex references reproductive organs. In the first video, he states that gender is not disconnected from sex, dictionary definitions disagree with him. Edit: the woman with mic does point this out at the start of the interaction.

Also, in the second video, whether or not he was intentionally pushing buttons, the threat of physical violence was inappropriate. If roles were reversed and a man had put his hand on a woman's shoulder in that way and said something like that, there would be outrage. People have different views for many different reasons but violence and threatening violence doesn't do a damn thing for any kind of conversation.

I do not think that the redefining of gender is all of a sudden. It has likely been suppressed for a very long time. I say likely because I'm not LGBTQ so I'm not going to say I can put myself in a position where I could fully understand the discrimination, suppression, etc. that they have experienced. We're now in a more connected world where these issues come to light more easily with a bigger audience, which I think can be a good thing with this issue and others.

If you, and by you I mean anyone, are living with a significant other, sibling, offspring, or roommate of the opposite sex then you are probably okay with unisex bathrooms whether you realize it or not.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Oh, and also, people need to chill on assumptions they make because someone asked a question, in reference to the "oh, I'm young so I must be naive". Ugh. Stop.