Mr :225: Drives a Vapemobile (WRX STI)

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So thanks to Johnny posting that STI next to my work I went ahead and gave it go...

First off carmax... Had the stacked latin hottie helping me out... (no pics) but I did get her "cell phone #" :wtf:
Second she didn't know how drive the :manuel: so I taught her how to pull out (lulz) and she never stalled... Never even drove stick period... I was impressed...

Ok now to the car.

Exterior:
Blue- Looks exactly like grabber blue but It had a bit of flake. Overall :notbad: of a color, but I'd prefer rally Bru.
Wing- To be honest, and this is surprise #1 with the car, I kinda liked it... it sets it apart from the regular WRX, which looks like a corolla.
Badges- They were black... I wonder if that was bro'ed out or stock
Overall nothing really wrong with the car, it felt really close in size to my 3 series. (i think they are nearly identical)

Interior:
:triggered:
Now this is where things are... I suppose as expected.
Seats were great, I really like the alcatara combo
Steering wheel is ok, I don't care for flat bottom as it is awkward and useless in a street car. It also looked plasticy?! had a bit of wear and tear I suppose.
I liked the metal pedals but they were offset to the right for some reason... :notsure: why.
The seat bolster also showed some where from getting in and out. I don't understand how ppl do that shit. However it also re-enforced that the interior quality wasn't that great... (once again not surprising given price point)
This was the loaded model with Nav.
When the car started up... interior plastics buzzed with the car burble. Exactly like on the WRX, NVH sluts would fucking kill themselves. I :aintcare:

Drive:
Well this is going to get interesting.
The good:
1. I loved the sound, it wasn't very loud exhaust note wise but it was just enough to remind you, that you're not in a corolla.
2. Steering is good, not amazeballs ZOMG I can feel every pebble, but good. Cayman/BRZ are better IMO. But this one is certainly good. In all fairness, my steering in the BMW in sport mode is not that much worse. THe lock to lock turns seemed comparable as well as the input needed to make a turn, both cars have very quick racks which I like.
3. Suspension is EXCELLENT. Perfect blend of sport/comfort. Now I have no idea who the fuck said this car rides rough. It rides with just a little bit more bounce than my BMW in sport (where I keep it) but overall this was my favorite part about the car. Super flat around turns etc. I wouldn't change a thing, and this was the single best part about the car.
4. Engine (this one surprised me). It didn't feel slow like a WRX, it felt basically very punchy above 2500rpm, however, this car is undrivable under 2500 and literally BOGs under 2000, this explains the gearing... You can't cruise at 2000rpm. Overall it felt strong, I don't know if it was tuned or not, but it felt really good. I wouldn't tune it period. Power band was far more narrow than the one in my BMW, but the noises were more satisfying. (But I like Boxer engine sounds).
5. Brakes - hmm this one was odd, they weren't bad, but they weren't as racy as I expected. They felt nearly identical to my 335i which IMO feels too soft, my Z had a lot more initial bite, which I expected to feel in the STI.
6. Road noise - as expcted, louder than my BMW but not louder than a WRX. As expected ... not great doe...
7. Transmission- Um ok... here goes the WTF. Does this car have fucking GEAR NOISE? It seems like it did in 1st/2nd gear in lower speeds, this thing was whining?! :wtf: It sounded fucking broken, but I think that is "normal"?! The shifter/shift action wasn't amazing either... super short throws, and very mechanical.
Car was easy to drive without stalling and I had no issues keeping things smooth. But overall I prefer the WRX with the short shifter I like drove before, it felt a little bit easier to drive and smoother to operate the shifter, but to be honest... the differences come down to personal preference.
8. AC- Now this is a susprising one, the AC in this car SUCKS BALLS. Yes it was a 90F day here, but... it barely did anything to cool the cabin down and never got as cold as my BMW, which has a BLACK leather interior/Darker shade of blue :wtf: the only other shitty ac as such was in a Mazda 3 that I drove as of late. Maybe it is a japanese car thing?! However my Z was great in that regard as well.

Overall I liked the car, and I can totally see myself driving one.

TLDR
Summary
1. Epic suspension
2. Great engine sound
3. Shit ac
4. Blah inerior quality
5. Not slow
6. Broken from the factory transmission/diff?

Last edited by max225 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

A little advice about latin girls, they are the flakiest in the world, but that doesn't mean they ignore you. If she doesn't answer or anything and nothing back, wait for couple days and try again. Try not to show the fact that you got mad for that.

About the stick, she probably "white" lied just to like talk to you more or something, they're like that.

As for the car glad you "like" it more than the armenian girl magnet.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

• Agree on the A/C. A/C in my GTI was better until this last summer, and it's way better in my wife's RDX. At least it doesn't make the car feel like it's dragging a boat anchor like the GTIs did.
  • How many miles were on this one? I know I only have 4,200 miles, but I have no interior buzzes, no rattles, no nothing. I couldn't at all say the same thing about my MK6 at the same mileage.
  • Supposedly the gears are actually a little more straight cut than is typical in this gearbox. Part of why it's capable of holding 750 wheel? :iono:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I wonder if it had a short shifter or bushing. Apparently a bushing will transmit gear whine into the cabin. I hear some gear noise when just putting around but it's not invasive.

Power does kind of suck under 2k ish. I usually drive at 2500-3000.

With all the glass the interior can get kind of hot especially the seats they bake in the sun. My AC usually cooks it off pretty fast though. Maybe something wasn't working right on the AC system.

Steering might be corrupted by the China tires.

Surprised you liked the suspension. I don't find it harsh either I think it's damn near perfect.

Interior comments are expected lol.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Should I go drive a 2014 335i M-Sport now? :lol:
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:15 pm Should I go drive a 2014 335i M-Sport now? :lol:
Do it
max225

coogles wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:15 pm Should I go drive a 2014 335i M-Sport now? :lol:
:doet:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

:notbad:
max225

So this thing was for sale for 29k... yes... a full 8k less than the STI. It was a 2014 M sport with a shitty color combo and 37k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Dat Hyper Blue. If I get an STI, I'd definitely consider the smurf.

dat leather rip, how many miles?
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:45 pm dat leather rip, how many miles?
23,9xx
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:42 pm Image

So this thing was for sale for 29k... yes... a full 8k less than the STI. It was a 2014 M sport with a shitty color combo and 37k miles.

:iono: I think it looks pretty nice in white with black :ramz: I'd drive that.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:45 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:45 pm dat leather rip, how many miles?
23,9xx
sounds like they don't hold up that well. But atleast it didn't depreciate :aintcare:
Johnny_P

Used WRX pricing is nuts.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 pm A little advice about latin girls, they are the flakiest in the world, but that doesn't mean they ignore you. If she doesn't answer or anything and nothing back, wait for couple days and try again. Try not to show the fact that you got mad for that.

About the stick, she probably "white" lied just to like talk to you more or something, they're like that.

So you're saying there is a chance? :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:48 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 pm A little advice about latin girls, they are the flakiest in the world, but that doesn't mean they ignore you. If she doesn't answer or anything and nothing back, wait for couple days and try again. Try not to show the fact that you got mad for that.

I mean if you're looking for an alternative to asians, probably, i was just saying, moral of the story, latina's ain't for :crang: s
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:45 pm

It had a burlwood interior trim... And the RAMZ are a bit "bro" if you axe me. The white color really makes it pedestrian looking because it looks exactly like any of the countless 320/328is driven by AZN secretaries :triggered:

https://www.carmax.com/car/15051863

:disgust:
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:49 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:48 pm

I mean if you're looking for an alternative to asians, probably, i was just saying, moral of the story, latina's ain't for :crang: s
Would hoon if given the chance. But I wouldn't want some Vatos showing up at my door the next day.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:47 pm

New one equally equipped is around 42/43k I think... HK + Nav etc.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:51 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Would hoon if given the chance. But I wouldn't want some Vatos showing up at my door the next day.
:lol: I see where you coming from.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:52 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:47 pm

New one equally equipped is around 42/43k I think... HK + Nav etc.
STI? Yeah about that much.
max225

They had a 2017 "used" WRX for 26k. Which is close to sticker also... but man 11k upcharge for an STI. Yes it is a better car but it is playing in a field with a lot of competition....

High 30s have a lot of fun cars that can be had with a warranty as well.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:50 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:45 pm

It had a burlwood interior trim... And the RAMZ are a bit "bro" if you axe me. The white color really makes it pedestrian looking because it looks exactly like any of the countless 320/328is driven by AZN secretaries :triggered:

https://www.carmax.com/car/15051863

:disgust:
Seems like a nice price for that. Agree on the colors though. The wood only looks good on black interiors. And white exterior is so played out.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:09 pm They had a 2017 "used" WRX for 26k. Which is close to sticker also... but man 11k upcharge for an STI. Yes it is a better car but it is playing in a field with a lot of competition....

High 30s have a lot of fun cars that can be had with a warranty as well.
Very true
max225

White on Red with Brown wood and black wheels. How much acid did the :dillerman: do before checking those boxes.