OT Deep Space Waste 9

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:28 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:23 am Dang, we need more :fuckyeah: in this thread. Come on guise.
I'm going back to MI next week to see Metallica 7/12, bringing the Spyder assuming all goes well over the weekend. Might have time to :dock: with :eeyore: in the evening of 7/11.

Also looking at going up to Oscoda for a big national autox event august 4-7 but it's 8 hrs from here. :notsure:
:fuckyeah: :mahtroy:

Hope that swaybar comes in Saturday so you can :stig: on Sunday!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:37 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:34 am All the people I work with are on "shut-down" this week, where they're forced to take the week off. I'm not, so I'm just working from home.
Dat auto industry, I remember that. We even had shut down for this week in PA as a supplier. Was :notbad: as a salaried employee, plant was quiet and it was easy to get shit done.
Yea, it's a great week to catch up on all the stuff that I don't have time to get to with meetings, etc. Really glad I'm not forced to burn vacation for it too.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:41 am
Detroit wrote:
Same. I just realized that it's more than usual, which is above average as-is.
In4wifeswap
:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:42 am
Detroit wrote:All the people I work with are on "shut-down" this week, where they're forced to take the week off. I'm not, so I'm just working from home.
Forced to take the week off?
Yep, it's a standard for the auto industry, has been forever. The first two weeks are considered "shut down". Most people take vacation anyway, so they make it mandatory for a number of functions including engineering and design. The first week is required to take off, the 2nd week is optional, but recommended. They shut down the entire tech center campus, which is where I normally work so I work from home instead. Since I work on the business side, we don't have to take any time off.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:44 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:42 am
Forced to take the week off?
Yep, it's a standard for the auto industry, has been forever. The first two weeks are considered "shut down". Most people take vacation anyway, so they make it mandatory for a number of functions including engineering and design. The first week is required to take off, the 2nd week is optional, but recommended. They shut down the entire tech center campus, which is where I normally work so I work from home instead. Since I work on the business side, we don't have to take any time off.
:dat:

Kind of like a lot of European places where they close the whole thing down for the month of August and go on holiday.
Apex

I need to figure out what to eat for lunch today.
troyguitar

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:38 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:28 am

I'm going back to MI next week to see Metallica 7/12, bringing the Spyder assuming all goes well over the weekend. Might have time to :dock: with :eeyore: in the evening of 7/11.

Also looking at going up to Oscoda for a big national autox event august 4-7 but it's 8 hrs from here. :notsure:
:fuckyeah: :mahtroy:

Hope that swaybar comes in Saturday so you can :stig: on Sunday!
I'll run either way but the car will be way better with the big bar. It shouldn't be too bad to get it installed even if it comes late on Saturday. Since it's all custom it's more work than most aftermarket bars :doe: - it will likely involve a dremel and a trip or two to the hardware store. I need a machine shop.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:46 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:44 am

Kind of like a lot of European places where they close the whole thing down for the month of August and go on holiday.
Exactly.

It's not a bad idea, really. And I'm :fuckyeah: that it doesn't apply to me so I can use my vacation as I see fit AND get caught up on stuff with everyone else gone.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:49 am
troyguitar wrote:

The European model makes so much sense. I don't believe in the "unlimited vacation time" thing unless it also comes with "required minimum vacation time."

Something like that.
ChrisoftheNorth

Thing is, I don't want to travel when everyone else is, so I like to take my vacations at odd times.
Apex

Apex wrote:I need to figure out what to eat for lunch today.
I'm starving
Corporate card me something. :lol:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:52 am Thing is, I don't want to travel when everyone else is, so I like to take my vacations at odd times.
:dat: stay away from the crowds!
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:52 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:52 am Thing is, I don't want to travel when everyone else is, so I like to take my vacations at odd times.
:dat: stay away from the crowds!
Exactly.
troyguitar

troyguitar wrote:

The European model makes so much sense. I don't believe in the "unlimited vacation time" thing unless it also comes with "required minimum vacation time."

Something like that.
I actually hate the euro model. I'd rather take Friday and Monday off most weeks each summer than have 4-5 weeks off in a row.
ChrisoftheNorth

I think I'm going to make a breakfast burrito for lunch. I'm an adult and do what I want.
ChrisoftheNorth

I also didn't get breakfast yet, so I'm fucking starving.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

i have to :poop:
:crang:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:53 am

Something like that.
I actually hate the euro model. I'd rather take Friday and Monday off most weeks each summer than have 4-5 weeks off in a row.
Extended weekends are great.
ChrisoftheNorth

nuggstein wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:54 am i have to :poop:
There's a thread for that.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

nuggstein wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:56 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:19 am Had to call cops for a bunch of people blasting fireworks for 1.5 hours. Called cops at 9:50 PM, they responded at 11:50 PM.

No lie.

such :rage: :wtf:
Damn, 9:50 PM? Minimum cutoff might be 10 PM...maybe 11 PM. If you worked night shift, I guess it's understandable.
The problem is that every department works zones. So you don't respond to other zones unless an officer is in dire need of assistance.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:23 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:19 am Had to call cops for a bunch of people blasting fireworks for 1.5 hours. Called cops at 9:50 PM, they responded at 11:50 PM.

No lie.

You narc'd on them? :wtf:

They were probably busy fighting off bath salt zombies, brah. Other things were more important than some rednecks with fireworks.
Except it wasn't rednecks, it was :mahtroy: who decided to launch them in front of OUR house, having all the ashes and cardboard land in OUR driveway and on our cars. 15 other people called from the neighborhood reference the fireworks. They stopped at 11PM. There's just no excuse.

The officer told us "2 hours isn't bad. Sometimes we don't even come! :lolol: " in which I replied "just because it's a trend or it happens doesn't make it right."
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
HighwayStarPatrick
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: 2016 VW GTI

razr390 wrote:gf and I will do a 3 night cruise for her bday. Miami > Nassau > Day @ Sea > Miami.

Good beginner cruise, and it ends up being about $400/person after taxes & fees with Carnival.
Image Image Image Image
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:27 am
razr390 wrote:Had to call cops for a bunch of people blasting fireworks for 1.5 hours. Called cops at 9:50 PM, they responded at 11:50 PM.

No lie.

Fireworks :doe:

:narc:
We weren't the only ones that called. If you were in our situation you would have been pissed off. The people launching the fireworks didn't even LIVE on the street. They just pulled up in 4 cars and started launching the fireworks
razr390

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:50 am
razr390 wrote:Had to call cops for a bunch of people blasting fireworks for 1.5 hours. Called cops at 9:50 PM, they responded at 11:50 PM.

No lie.

:gtfo:

Do you even murica?

:facepalm: :disappoint:
Let me celebrate July 4th on July 5th

:yeahok: :gtfo:
troyguitar

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:01 am
troyguitar wrote:
That's fine too! I just mean the "forced" aspect of vacation.
But how do you expect people to get ahead? You wouldn't be where you are today if you took vacations!