OT 8: Quid Pro Steak

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:47 pm

That sink is still :lolol: to me. Not trying to rub it in, but wow.
The sink is so fucking stupid. Glad I didn't pay for that shit, but I do have to use it daily which is :rage:
I ain't :member: the sink story. :(
Is it that it's small?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:50 pm Goddamn wet bar sink. Try cleaning a pan in there :yeahok: NGH. I get water all over the damn place when I clean things. But whatever. Her problem.
Ah. Got it. Tiny kitchen sinks are :disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:54 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:52 pm
Nah, most city homes have :waxer: kitchens. This is her dad being :scrooge: and insisting on designing the whole kitchen himself at Ikea and screwing up the sink.

I think I can get it re-cut on site for a larger one. Might have to be a top mount though, not sure I can do a bottom mount on a larger one because of the cabinet size.
I don't know why people hate top mount so much. I think they can look solid if done right.
Yeah :iono: she wanted bottom mount and is :sad: that a re-do would be a top mount. I told her it's not likely they'll be able to polish the edges on site and get them 100% square, just rough cut it.
Could change the cabinet to allow for a farm sink. IDK though. I think they look like toilets.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:55 pm I told her I would have gone to a kitchen installation contractor, told him what I want, pick out the materials, and he goes to town on it. He orders it all, he installs it all, he advises me on things to do and/or adds touches that are going to add value.

But :nope:

Dad designed it and bought the cabinets. Then they got an installer to put it all together. Ended up with like 3 boxes of shit that didn't get installed (think ending up with an extra bolt when working on your car), all of the under cabinet lighting got fucked up and I'll have to re-do it, half the trim pieces aren't installed correctly and it's mis-matched, and then there's the goddamn sink.

Pro tip: Pay Ikea to have a designer come to your home and help with the design. It's like $300 or something which is a mere pittance compared to the overall kitchen price and will catch shit like this.
Not your house no care...but still agreed.

Though, Infamous designed my dad's kitchen with him at Ikea. Turned out WAY nicer than this. Hell, most people are :mindblown: when they see his kitchen and find out it's from IKEA.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:56 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:50 pm Goddamn wet bar sink. Try cleaning a pan in there :yeahok: NGH. I get water all over the damn place when I clean things. But whatever. Her problem.
Ah. Got it. Tiny kitchen sinks are :disgust:
It's usable mostly. It's just annoying and there's no reason for it to be the way it is other than boneheadedness.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:54 pm
I don't know why people hate top mount so much. I think they can look solid if done right.
Yeah :iono: she wanted bottom mount and is :sad: that a re-do would be a top mount. I told her it's not likely they'll be able to polish the edges on site and get them 100% square, just rough cut it.
Could change the cabinet to allow for a farm sink. IDK though. I think they look like toilets.
Yea, I thought of a farm sink in this case too, would be most space efficient, but the look is :butwhy:

She takes no issue with the sink the way it is? Does she not do dishes?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

What Meatchicken gets you. :triggered:Image

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:55 pm I told her I would have gone to a kitchen installation contractor, told him what I want, pick out the materials, and he goes to town on it. He orders it all, he installs it all, he advises me on things to do and/or adds touches that are going to add value.

But :nope:

Dad designed it and bought the cabinets. Then they got an installer to put it all together. Ended up with like 3 boxes of shit that didn't get installed (think ending up with an extra bolt when working on your car), all of the under cabinet lighting got fucked up and I'll have to re-do it, half the trim pieces aren't installed correctly and it's mis-matched, and then there's the goddamn sink.

Pro tip: Pay Ikea to have a designer come to your home and help with the design. It's like $300 or something which is a mere pittance compared to the overall kitchen price and will catch shit like this.

Though, Infamous designed my dad's kitchen with him at Ikea. Turned out WAY nicer than this. Hell, most people are :mindblown: when they see his kitchen and find out it's from IKEA.
It mostly looks good, just the installer was a moran and she/he didn't push back on the trim details that the installer screwed up. The sink is on him doe.
IDK. I view it as a half-ass upgrade that I honestly don't think adds much value to the house because it looks unfinished and was clearly a cost cut job. I wanted to rip out the tiles and linoleum floor and fully upgrade the room, IDK why they didn't go for that. But if I were looking at this house I'd see the kitchen and just think why even bother? Because there are things I'd want to immediately change if it were my place and I was moving in fresh.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:04 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:57 pm

It mostly looks good, just the installer was a moran and she/he didn't push back on the trim details that the installer screwed up. The sink is on him doe.
IDK. I view it as a half-ass upgrade that I honestly don't think adds much value to the house because it looks unfinished and was clearly a cost cut job. I wanted to rip out the tiles and linoleum floor and fully upgrade the room, IDK why they didn't go for that. But if I were looking at this house I'd see the kitchen and just think why even bother? Because there are things I'd want to immediately change if it were my place and I was moving in fresh.
Totally agreed. This is 5/7 :butwhy:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:01 pm What Meatchicken gets you. :triggered:Image

Yeah see that looks good and was installed correctly. Cabinets, floor, and walls all compliment each other.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:01 pm What Meatchicken gets you. :triggered:Image

Yeah see that looks good and was installed correctly. Cabinets, floor, and walls all compliment each other.
Yea, but the previous owner went full :troywax: on this thing. Solid wood cabinets, fancy quartz counters with under mount sink...all done in like 2001 yet still looks modern. The only thing that gets us is the tile is put on top of the original tile, so there's quite a step up to the kitchen. Half-assed to me, but whatever.
ChrisoftheNorth

But it also helped sell the house, which doing a :scrooge: :butwhy: upgrade won't.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:28 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:16 pm

moto 360 sport, white
Does it do health shit?
here is the review from wearable.
I can toss an extra charger if ya want too

https://www.wareable.com/android-wear/m ... ort-review
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:28 pm
Does it do health shit?
here is the review from wearable.
I can toss an extra charger if ya want too

https://www.wareable.com/android-wear/m ... ort-review
I'll see if infamous is interested. She wants a smartwatch to do health shit for some reason.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:19 pm But it also helped sell the house, which doing a :scrooge: :butwhy: upgrade won't.
That was my argument to her which got her madbro at me. So :aintcare: her issue to deal with not mine.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:30 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:19 pm But it also helped sell the house, which doing a :scrooge: :butwhy: upgrade won't.
That was my argument to her which got her madbro at me. So :aintcare: her issue to deal with not mine.
:notsure: It'll become your issue when you eventually tie the knot and buy your own place, or nah?
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Going to Starbucks with a friend
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:36 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:30 pm

:notsure: It'll become your issue when you eventually tie the knot and buy your own place, or nah?
Technically the house is in her parents' name so :nope: not my problem.
Johnny_P

razr390 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:38 pm Going to Starbucks with a friend
POTD
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:40 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:36 pm
Technically the house is in her parents' name so :nope: not my problem.
:notbad: That's some solid :aintcare: living.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:40 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:38 pm Going to Starbucks with a friend
POTD
2nd'd
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

nuggstein wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 4:46 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 4:33 pm

:lol:

I got a large cheese from Papa Johns, and an order of their garlic knots. Started with the knots last night, then I only ate 3 slices of the pizza after that. So good.
I had never had Papa Johns until recently, when I got a free pie. I think I enjoyed it better than Domino's, oddly enough.
I do like it better than Dominos. Dominos typically has better deals, but every once in a while PJ's beats them in price.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Detroit wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:38 pm I haven't had Papa John's in ages. 5/7 from what I can remember, but I keep moving to places that don't have one near me. We end up going to local joints instead.
I will almost always opt for "real" pizzeria pizza ..... but do like the chains once in a while...... PJ had a jalepeno/meats pie a while back that was delishioso
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I just ordered Dominos after reading about pizza in here and getting an email with their current discounts... :disappoint: but :fuckyeah: at the same time. Going to pick it up with some booze now, I'm home alone so it's :drunk: video game night... :stig:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:56 pm I just ordered Dominos after reading about pizza in here and getting an email with their current discounts... :disappoint: but :fuckyeah: at the same time. Going to pick it up with some booze now, I'm home alone so it's :drunk: video game night... :stig:
:notbad: