DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

SAWCE wrote:
SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:06 pm Meso 5, Week 1:

Deadlift: 370x7
T-Bar: 155x13
Military: 145x9
Bench: 215x12
Squat: 285x13
Meso 5, Week 2:

Deadlift: 390x9
T-Bar: 165x15
Military: 155x9
Bench: 225x13
Squat 300x11

Whole lotta :fuckyeah: this week
Nice gainz brah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:therapist:
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Chest day with a little triceps thrown in.

Flat bench, incline, flies, tricep extensions, and a mile on the treadmil. Nothing insane. But its more than I have been doing the past two years.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Calvinball wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:11 pm
SAWCE wrote:
Meso 5, Week 2:

Squat 300x11

Whole lotta :fuckyeah: this week
Nice gainz brah!

Thank you sir
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:rage:

The lone squat rack was being taken up by a trio of half-squatting teens/early 20s. :disappoint: It would have been nice to use the rack for some OHP, and from the looks of it I wouldn't have had to do many plate changes for OHP, but I didn't bother to ask to work in. Instead pulled the bar from the floor and did some OHP at 115. LTE's were 90x10x3 followed up by curls 70x8x3
Ended up as a bro day.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Weight is up about a pound and a half from march 31. I would like to think most of that is added muscle, but I feel like I'm eating too much on this stupid 21 day fix diet, and def too many carbs. so :notsure:

I'm starting to get frustrated with this shit esp. since I feel like I'm eating too much, and definitely too many carbs.
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:41 am Weight is up about a pound and a half from march 31. I would like to think most of that is added muscle, but I feel like I'm eating too much on this stupid 21 day fix diet, and def too many carbs. so :notsure:

I'm starting to get frustrated with this shit esp. since I feel like I'm eating too much, and definitely too many carbs.
Deetz about the fix diet? It's not what I laid out for you, is it?
SAWCE

Did a superset day for shoulders yesterday. Started with Arnold presses superset with side dumbbell raises. Then I hit some cable presses with front dumbbell raises. Then moved onto upright rows and more side raises. Finished shoulders off with a cable giant set where I start with rear raises, then side raises, then front raises.
Moved on to shrugs after that to transition to back. Hit back with t-bar rows, front hammer pulldowns, and then some straight arm pulldowns.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:54 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:41 am Weight is up about a pound and a half from march 31. I would like to think most of that is added muscle, but I feel like I'm eating too much on this stupid 21 day fix diet, and def too many carbs. so :notsure:

no, the woman, like all people, wanted something easy after we had the discussion of "we need to start measuring EVERYTHING" She has had a friend that has had great succes with this 21 day fix thing.

https://www.beachbody.com/product/12121 ... Ai1U8P8HAQ

you basically eat a certain # of these little containers of your food groups per day, and do 1 ~30 minute video a day.

Since I'm on the obese side its a YUGE amount of food IMHO. And I have like 40 lbs to loose before i'd drop down to the next 'level' based on my weight.

I compared it to the plan you laid out for us and some other research I did. Its ~ the same number of calories as what would be a weight loss restrictive diet, but still :notsure: about all the carbs and eating more then you feel you need too
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:54 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:54 am

no, the woman, like all people, wanted something easy after we had the discussion of "we need to start measuring EVERYTHING" She has had a friend that has had great succes with this 21 day fix thing.

you basically eat a certain # of these little containers of your food groups per day, and do 1 ~30 minute video a day.

Since I'm on the obese side its a YUGE amount of food IMHO. And I have like 40 lbs to loose before i'd drop down to the next 'level' based on my weight.

I compared it to the plan you laid out for us and some other research I did. Its ~ the same number of calories as what would be a weight loss restrictive diet, but still :notsure: about all the carbs and eating more then you feel you need too
I've never cared for sized containers like that for portions since it leaves a lot open to interpretation, but as long as you're still weighing and tracking everything you eat it should be okay. Try the protein/carb ratio I gave you. I really think it'll make a difference.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

SAWCE wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:15 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:54 am

I've never cared for sized containers like that for portions since it leaves a lot open to interpretation, but as long as you're still weighing and tracking everything you eat it should be okay. Try the protein/carb ratio I gave you. I really think it'll make a difference.
right? I'm giving it another week then I'll go my way / your way
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Skipped monday this week. Tuesday and wednesday worked out in the am and in the evening. Going to lift some after work today.

my butt is super sore from all the work.
brain go brrrrrr
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:55 pm Skipped monday this week. Tuesday and wednesday worked out in the am and in the evening. Going to lift some after work today.

my butt is super sore from all the work.
The panda hath arrived.
Apex

Fuck I need this cold to go away. I did get the rack to myself for my squats tonight doe, and 275 felt light like it should finally.

Hot blonde manager-chick remembers my name doe. :notbad: :woodplow:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Back pain hath returned. :eeyore:

Stupid disc is throwing me all out of alignment again. Got up to 315 on deads and 285 on squats, but did a crossfit workout with lots and lots of snatches and then tried to squat the next day. Was still warming up with 185 on squat, but with a tired core and tight hips from the day before I felt my pelvis tip forward on rep #4 and pain shoot through my whole back. No real sciatica this time, which is a good sign, but still disappointing with how well I've done the past few months.

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

Time to go give my chiropractor some more money. :troywax:
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:05 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:06 pm

Meso 5, Week 1:

Deadlift: 370x7
T-Bar: 155x13
Military: 145x9
Bench: 215x12
Squat: 285x13
Meso 5, Week 2:

Squat 300x11
Meso 5, Week 3:

Deadlift: 415x6
T-Bar: 175x8
Military: 160x6
Bench: 240x8
Squat: 320x9

Boom!
Last edited by SAWCE on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:30 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Meso 5, Week 2:

Squat 300x11
Deadlift: 415x6
T-Bar: 175x8
Military: 160x6
Bench: 240x8
Squat: 320x9

Boom!
:fuckyeah: :massles:
Badassbabe98
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: 2008 Mini Cooper S

Restarting my summer bod mission again tomorrow. Planning to follow a fairly strict paleo diet and get back to a steady lifting routine. I have found that surprisingly I'm a barbell junkie and love all things lifting, so I'm hoping to be able to stick it out this time so I can make some sexy lady gainz!
I'm planning squats, DLs, strict presses, rows, lots of DB and KB stuff, and lots of metcon each week, but any crazy chance any of you do programing or know someone who does? I'd love to try something different this time.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Badassbabe98 wrote:Restarting my summer bod mission again tomorrow. Planning to follow a fairly strict paleo diet and get back to a steady lifting routine. I have found that surprisingly I'm a barbell junkie and love all things lifting, so I'm hoping to be able to stick it out this time so I can make some sexy lady gainz!
I'm planning squats, DLs, strict presses, rows, lots of DB and KB stuff, and lots of metcon each week, but any crazy chance any of you do programing or know someone who does? I'd love to try something different this time.
There's definitely some good advice givers here, it's a bit quiet on the weekend but I know they'll chime in.

:therapist:
Apex

Badassbabe98 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:43 pm Restarting my summer bod mission again tomorrow. Planning to follow a fairly strict paleo diet and get back to a steady lifting routine. I have found that surprisingly I'm a barbell junkie and love all things lifting, so I'm hoping to be able to stick it out this time so I can make some sexy lady gainz!
SAWCE loves to help people out with programming. I'm sure he'll chime in tomorrow.

:fuckyeah: lady :massles:
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:37 pm
Badassbabe98 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:43 pm Restarting my summer bod mission again tomorrow. Planning to follow a fairly strict paleo diet and get back to a steady lifting routine. I have found that surprisingly I'm a barbell junkie and love all things lifting, so I'm hoping to be able to stick it out this time so I can make some sexy lady gainz!
SAWCE loves to help people out with programming. I'm sure he'll chime in tomorrow.

:fuckyeah: lady :massles:
I'd be more than happy to help you out. Tomorrow should be a slow day at work so I'll hit you up then.
Badassbabe98
Spinbait
Spinbait

Thank you!
SAWCE

Badassbabe98 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:40 pm Thank you!
No problem. What's your current routine look like? How many days per week do you want to go lift? And what's your goal (build muscle, lose fat, etc.)?
Badassbabe98
Spinbait
Spinbait

I'd say 3-4 days per week normally, maybe the occasional 5th day just for the hell of it. Goal is to lose fat and build muscle!
I can't say I want to lose xx # of lbs because last time I was fully committed I kept a steady weight because of building muscle while burning fat. Like I only lost 6lbs but like 15 inches overall. Metcons work for me, I just need a solid "do this lifting after this metcon this day" kinda thing
SAWCE

Badassbabe98 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:50 pm I'd say 3-4 days per week normally, maybe the occasional 5th day just for the hell of it. Goal is to lose fat and build muscle!
I can't say I want to lose xx # of lbs because last time I was fully committed I kept a steady weight because of building muscle while burning fat. Like I only lost 6lbs but like 15 inches overall. Metcons work for me, I just need a solid "do this lifting after this metcon this day" kinda thing
Gotcha, sounds good. What kind of metcon work were you/are you doing? Like complexes/circuits, or do you have stuff like prowlers and sleds to push around and drag and stuff?
Badassbabe98
Spinbait
Spinbait

Nothing to drag or push, but my gym has medicine balls, sand balls and bags, kb's, row machines, aerodyne bike, etc. Metcons could be any combo of exercises with those, plus sit ups, burpees, push ups, step ups, etc