Enter Dude's Latest Tire Kicking Sesh here

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Thedude wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:54 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:50 pm Dis?Image
Maybe... haven't looked into these at all but I probably should!
or just get a :jeep:

they pay you to own them.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I've heard jeep like 30 times now. It's starting to subliminally creep in. Are they giving them away now or what?

I'm hesitant because it'll open a whole new world to me... and every one of my friends who has one has sunk $15k+ into them with all kinds of crazy mods. Not sure I want to go down that path but I do know it's a huge community and they have a hell of a lot of fun.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Thedude wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:48 am I've heard jeep like 30 times now. It's starting to subliminally creep in. Are they giving them away now or what?

I'm hesitant because it'll open a whole new world to me... and every one of my friends who has one has sunk $15k+ into them with all kinds of crazy mods. Not sure I want to go down that path but I do know it's a huge community and they have a hell of a lot of fun.
It's taken major restraint for me to no start dropping money into mine. It will happen eventually for sure, but I'm trying not to go :fullretard: too fast.

Oh, in case you didn't know, I traded the GTI in on a Jeep while you were gone.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Thedude wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:48 am I've heard jeep like 30 times now. It's starting to subliminally creep in. Are they giving them away now or what?

:doit:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:jeep: are like Lego's. Bolt off, bolt on.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yea they are basically free especially used.

That said modding them is blah.. just get one that is pre modded from the fucktory.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:13 pm

Yea they are basically free especially used.

That said modding them is blah.. just get one that is pre modded from the fucktory.
I dunno dude... it's slope I've been on before so I know I'm bound to mod something like a jeep. How can you not? It's a jeep. If I got, say, something like a mx-5 it'd be without a doubt easy to restrain myself. But a jeep? Those thing beg to be personalized.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Apex wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:24 pm

:jeep: are like Lego's. Bolt off, bolt on.
For sure man. It's not that it wouldn't be hard to mod it, it's just that right now I'd rather get something that doesn't tempt me to mod it...
Johnny_P

If I got a Jeep.

1: Buy a headliner for the hard top because it's 2018 dammit.
2: Buy hood locks so nobody can steal my shit.
3: Metal bumpers front and back because I take my mall crawling seriously. Also Mall Rated badges.
4: Upgrade the brakes.
5: Upgrade the headlights to something acceptable for a modern vehicle.

All that would happen very quickly.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:16 pm If I got a Jeep.

3: Metal bumpers front and back because I take my mall crawling seriously. Also Mall Rated badges.

Or you can just buy a new Rubicunt with all of that spec'd. And ain't nobody going to steal yo engine and new ones have alarm tied to the hood.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I love them but they're expensive and they do get terrible gas mileage for your commute.

I really wanted one and was thinking long and hard about it recently, but a nice JL is going to be at least $40K+tax. The JKU just sees so meh now that the JL is out, but it's still a solid truck and can be had for much less, even new.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:26 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:16 pm If I got a Jeep.

Or you can just buy a new Rubicunt with all of that spec'd. And ain't nobody going to steal yo engine and new ones have alarm tied to the hood.
After my recent break in to my :truk: I almost thing the fewer locks the better. Bros did $2200 in door/lock damage to the vehicle and stole nothing. :wtf: Would've been better off if it was just left unlocked.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:43 pm
After my recent break in to my :truk: I almost thing the fewer locks the better. Bros did $2200 in door/lock damage to the vehicle and stole nothing. :wtf: Would've been better off if it was just left unlocked.
Sounds like the time when some asshat broke into my TDI in sf and stole my friends bag that had contact lenses and braces. :iono: caused 3k in damage too.
SAWCE

Stole nothing. Left :jizz: everywhere.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Sounds like the time when some asshat broke into my TDI in sf and stole my friends bag that had contact lenses and braces. :iono: caused 3k in damage too.
Yeah I just leave the :jeep: unlocked and don't keep anything of value in it. I'm sure San Diego's finest homeless are sleeping in it every night, but it still smells new, and they're gone when I go to leave for work in the morning, so :aintcare:
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:36 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Yeah I just leave the :jeep: unlocked and don't keep anything of value in it. I'm sure San Diego's finest homeless are sleeping in it every night, but it still smells new, and they're gone when I go to leave for work in the morning, so :aintcare:
:notsure: if serious.
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:38 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:36 pm

I do leave it unlocked, I don't think people actually sleep in it.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:51 pm

Do you have :manuel: everything?
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Do you have :manuel: everything?
Yessir
Johnny_P

Common thing to do in my hood too. Keeps your windows from getting slashed at least.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Just for shits and giggles:

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/6475249008.html

One of 3 in the US with less than 75k miles being sold. $4k less than the cheaper of the other two!
max225

Thedude wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:02 pm Just for shits and giggles:

One of 3 in the US with less than 75k miles being sold. $4k less than the cheaper of the other two!
Great description... man R32s are dead stable in terms of value.... when I last looked (3 years ago) they were 10-18k depending on miles/condition...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

what about a :jeep:
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

I'd be worried about rust. Can you get an '08 TT 3.2 for about that same price yet? Ours was worth like $18k with 80k miles 3 years ago and is a better car than the mk4.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:11 pm

I'd be worried about rust. Can you get an '08 TT 3.2 for about that same price yet? Ours was worth like $18k with 80k miles 3 years ago and is a better car than the mk4.
Resale doe...