Could you/would you DD a sports car/sedan?

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

Would you DD a sports car/Sedan?

Yes, I am not some god damn snowflake pussy
69%
No, I have issues that prevent me from ruling the roads
14%
Fuck you :225:
17%

Total votes: 29
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Given your current situation... etc.. as a sole vehicle and 10-15k miles a year.

I am at a cross roads of sorts with my current vehicle...
19" wheels are SHIT for DDing. (my particular issue #1)
Low bumpers suck for most parking situations (My particular issue #2)

What say yee...

Yes or No ?

I certainly can... I DD'ed a C5 for a while, at 15k miles a year... but it presents challenges that can get annoying. Where the enjoyment you get out of the performance is quite certainly offset by assholes rear ending you, shitty roads, and general condition of the car quickly deteriorating to :derp: standards.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I'm slowly figuring out what the best compromise is for me. The :poorvette: was a PITA because it was low and wide, the MR2 is a PITA because it's loud.

I think a Cayman/911 would be perfect if I could afford one. FRZ/RX8 will have to be close enough for awhile.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

You need NFG of some kind that you find acceptable. New sporty is out. Civic Sport and let it ride. You are in the city alot or moving still? If so get Honda and dont look back.
max225

Davestr wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:47 pm You need NFG of some kind that you find acceptable. New sporty is out. Civic Sport and let it ride. You are in the city alot or moving still? If so get Honda and dont look back.
Was less about me when it comes to this thread... I was curious where everyone else stands. I'd think you're pretty much the only one DD'ing a sporty car... outside of :[user not found]: but the Malipoo SS is kind of more on the boaty side.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Gotta drive what you like overall. Its about all you can do. Assess the environment and what risk/hassle you can live with and keep rollin....
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

I voted fuck you, but out of :wub:
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

When I got my GTI new in '08 it was exactly the car I wanted and needed. Decent on gas, quick enough to have fun with, cargo space galore. Tune costs $600 for a stage 1 and was plenty fast enough for the city and highway pulling. Got used coilovers for $500 I think, rim/tire package for $1,200 and I called it a day.

If I had to get another daily, I'm not sure what I'd get. I wouldn't daily the C5Z around. I'm just too anal about keeping it detailed and clean looking.
I'd probably buy a beater car with a V6 and roll with that.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

I would, and I do. At least the quick steering makes dodging potholes easier.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I already drive a :turboyaris: so, yes.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:hai:

Been debating this. Road conditions are just deplorable in this country. And more and more drivers, more congested cities and suburbs make the thought of a more comfy / automatic cruiser really appealing.

So I can, but I think the novelty is wearing off. Then again it's fun to rip through the gears, rail a corner, hear the engine scream, etc. I dunno. I voted fuck you :wub:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

coogles wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:33 pm I would, and I do. At least the quick steering makes dodging potholes easier.
Strange as it is, I think my rice rocket handles potholes better than my GTI did :iono: It's more bouncy but less likely to bottom out with a huge gut wrenching KABOOM like the MK6 used to.
troyguitar

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:46 pm
coogles wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:33 pm I would, and I do. At least the quick steering makes dodging potholes easier.
Strange as it is, I think my rice rocket handles potholes better than my GTI did :iono: It's more bouncy but less likely to bottom out with a huge gut wrenching KABOOM like the MK6 used to.
That could easily be true. With the exception of ground clearance issues, my :poorvette: rode better than my other cars. Not softer, but better damped.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I could, it beats walking.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I voted :stig:

Having and awd :turboyaris: fits the bill perfectly for me with a minor complaint about fuel ecomomy. We have pretty good roads here, but if they were horribad I would just keep swapping rubber on the 17s that I'm using for winter duty.

I only ever felt like i wasn't getting my money to cost value on a performance oriented car when i owned the TL. It was too big and compromised by high horsepower + fwd. It was devoit of personality but ultimately a very well built and quality car.

You and I are on opposite ends of the buying spectrum, you are flipping cheap lease deals on nice cars every year or two and I buy and hold for the long run. I need to pick something that is good at all things and doesn't bore me after a couple of years. In your case you can ride out a short term mistake and move on. In your case I would experiment with all kinds of different vehicles for the :science: , afterall, anything you choose will get you from A to B, and if you choose wrong it won't be long before the next opportunity to swap comes around.

If you settle down and have kids you will lose the 2 door/2 seater options so get your fill before then.
max225

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 pm I voted fuck you, but out of :wub:
:mahtroy:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:46 pm Strange as it is, I think my rice rocket handles potholes better than my GTI did :iono: It's more bouncy but less likely to bottom out with a huge gut wrenching KABOOM like the MK6 used to.
I'm with you, mostly. I think over the jittery stuff yes, the ride is busy, but the chassis rigidity is so much better than the :mk6:, the ride quality ultimately ends up feeling better. I think on the couple big hits in the STi I've had, they feel just as bad as they did in the GTI, doe. I still get the same jarring feeling as the suspension hits the bump stops and makes the dash sound like it's going to hit you in the face.

The only place the ride in the :mk6: was really better was on long trips. The egg was better at smoothing out those tiny ruts and undulations on the interstate that don't seem to compress the STi suspension at all. All of that just filters into what you feel through the seat and make the ride feel super busy, IMO. As a highway car, I'd take the :mk6: 5/7 times.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:46 pm
Progressive bump stops.
:therapist:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I voted yes because I DD a sedan that is SPORT INJECTED.
:therapist:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Calvinball wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:56 pm I voted yes because I DD a sedan that is SPORT INJECTED.
SIck :bruh:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Calvinball wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:56 pm I voted yes because I DD a sedan that is SPORT INJECTED.
In orange.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

New :jeep: thread??
troyguitar

:scoot: :scoot: :scoot:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I don’t think I would DD a sports car (re :poorvette: or the like)

I’d get a comfortable, decent performing DD and a sports car for the weekends.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:36 pm I don’t think I would DD a sports car (re :poorvette: or the like)

I’d get a comfortable, decent performing DD and a sports car for the weekends.
Can you read English motherfucker ?!
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

I voted yes, because I would, but :notsure: I understand the context.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...