So I got a 2018 Camry for a week.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:08 pm Question is do chicks dig camrys ?!
Chicks don't even care about cars that much, except for golddiggers.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 pm
:dat:

Guy buys Ferrari... expectation: Chicks will be all over me because of my Ferrari. Reality: Bunch of car-passionate males of all ages asking you to rev it, for a picture, or following you with a video camera.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Actually, I think they do :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:44 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Guy buys Ferrari... expectation: Chicks will be all over me because of my Ferrari. Reality: Bunch of car-passionate males of all ages asking you to rev it, for a picture, or following you with a video camera.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That's why they do like a Camry though, if it's new and clean. It shows you're successful enough to have a decent car, meet expectations, and it also doesn't have things girls hate like low ride height, anus shattering ride, loud exhaust.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:46 am That's why they do like a Camry though, if it's new and clean. It shows you're successful enough to have a decent car, meet expectations, and it also doesn't have things girls hate like low ride height, anus shattering ride, loud exhaust.
Aka a :poorvette:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:06 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:46 am That's why they do like a Camry though, if it's new and clean. It shows you're successful enough to have a decent car, meet expectations, and it also doesn't have things girls hate like low ride height, anus shattering ride, loud exhaust.

Chicks don't really like the :poorvette:

I think my gf thinks it's "alright" and is glad I enjoy it, but would rather ride in a regular sedan due to reasons above.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:55 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:06 am

I think my gf thinks it's "alright" and is glad I enjoy it, but would rather ride in a regular sedan due to reasons above.

I see nothing wrong with a car such as the new Camry as the daily driver and then a :poorvette: or similar level sports car in the garage.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:03 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:55 am

I see nothing wrong with a car such as the new Camry as the daily driver and then a :poorvette: or similar level sports car in the garage.
Eh, if you care enough to have a sports car you may as well :turboyaris: or similar over a Camry for the same price.

It's a perfectly fine car but not made for any enthusiast.
razr390

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:20 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:03 am

Eh, if you care enough to have a sports car you may as well :turboyaris: or similar over a Camry for the same price.

Pending on what :dill: are out there I’ll probablt either swing for a Charger or another GTI. Although I did see an Elantra sport that looked very nice. Hyundai is doing nice things with their cars
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:03 am :dat:

Just get a :truk:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:23 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:20 am

Pending on what :dill: are out there I’ll probablt either swing for a Charger or another GTI. Although I did see an Elantra sport that looked very nice. Hyundai is doing nice things with their cars
Hyundais are terrible to drive across the whole line. Not unlike the Camry, they're comfy and reliable and fine, but if you actually enjoy any kind of driving dynamics, Hyundai/Kia are the worst marque in cars, worse than Toyota.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I owned a better looking version of this car when i bought my 04 TL. I still like it more then the new Camry but neither suit my driving style. It's just too big for starters.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

I was a passenger in a 2012 Camry and was impressed on how supple the suspension was. We hit a pretty deep drainage dip in the road ( you know you loved to hit some sick air on your bmx as a kid off these things) and the car just took it so well. :notbad:
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:41 am
razr390 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:44 am

Bwahahahaha "hey ladies"

I've had women get my attention in the :poorvette: but its only to compliment the car.
Everyone is different. So here's a story.
I stopped by my friend's work dressed like shit.
Ya know, messy hair, T-shirt, standing next to my pos xr600r and I haven't shaved in three days. I was waiting outside standing behind a pillar and I saw some girl walking out on her phone. I decided to say hi because I didn't think she saw me and I didn't want to startle her if she suddenly saw me as she walked around the pillar. She said hi. Then my friend comes back like did you talk to Taylor? She said she wants to "put the make on you".
So yeah run away from girls attracted to fast cars. Good girls see the real you no matter what you're driving or even if you're dressed like Freiberger from Roadkill.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

NeonJonny wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:21 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:41 am

Bwahahahaha "hey ladies"

I've had women get my attention in the :poorvette: but its only to compliment the car.
Everyone is different. So here's a story.
I stopped by my friend's work dressed like shit.
Ya know, messy hair, T-shirt, standing next to my pos xr600r and I haven't shaved in three days. I was waiting outside standing behind a pillar and I saw some girl walking out on her phone. I decided to say hi because I didn't think she saw me and I didn't want to startle her if she suddenly saw me as she walked around the pillar. She said hi. Then my friend comes back like did you talk to Taylor? She said she wants to "put the make on you".
So yeah run away from girls attracted to fast cars. Good girls see the real you no matter what you're driving or even if you're dressed like Freiberger from Roadkill.
So did you :dock: with her? :popcorn:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

That double no sunroof model. A rare bird indeed.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:11 pm That double no sunroof model. A rare bird indeed.
I guess they're doing it right, keeping it lightweight, look cooler, etc. kinda like the Accord Sport. That doesn't have sunroof either.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Ok so I got my GTI back and the camry is buh bye, i'll miss it but not much. There is one gripe about this car that Toyota could've done, it's the fact that interior lights don't open when you open the doors like, I don't know, hmmmmm almost all cars that has been made for atleast 30 years, wtf toyota.
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 pm Ok so I got my GTI back and the camry is buh bye, i'll miss it but not much. There is one gripe about this car that Toyota could've done, it's the fact that interior lights don't open when you open the doors like, I don't know, hmmmmm almost all cars that has been made for atleast 30 years, wtf toyota.
I’m pretty sure there’s a button or a setting in the MFI.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 pm Ok so I got my GTI back and the camry is buh bye, i'll miss it but not much. There is one gripe about this car that Toyota could've done, it's the fact that interior lights don't open when you open the doors like, I don't know, hmmmmm almost all cars that has been made for atleast 30 years, wtf toyota.
On the toyota? what happened to the good ol basic option where you can adjust that on where interior/dome lights are located.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:57 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:19 pm

So did you :dock: with her? :popcorn:

Put the make on her.
Nah.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 pm
razr390 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 pm

On the toyota? what happened to the good ol basic option where you can adjust that on where interior/dome lights are located.
It costs $0.20 less per unit to put it in the MFI settings instead of putting a dedicated button in the vehicle. :scrooge: