So I got a 2018 Camry for a week.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Since it's humpday, I decided to do a Maxtdi style review on here for shits and giggles for an appliance. :whocares:

First off, it is the new body style, SE model, No sunroof, half leather half cloth, no sunroof, no keyless entry, no push to start, base as fuck.

This is my first time ever I've driven a Camry, so I can't really speak too much from driving experience compared to other Camry's, which in other words, NFG character it has, and shit to drive. But I have ridden in ubers of previous models and some cabs (well duh)

Let's start with exterior, compared to previous Camry's, it looks really good, looks more sporty. The front end is probably my favorite part as far as exterior goes. Side profile looks good, nice lines and attention to detail, nothing bland about this car. Kind of looks like a late model ES with the wheels.

The Interior is pretty damn nice for a Camry, really a nice place to be in. The head unit is really responsive on iphone music along with USB (unlike my GTI) :sad: , didn't fuck around with bluetooth. Gauges are basic, duh. As explained before, the seats are comfortable, but on the firmer side, essentially the pleather is closer to the side edges on the seat, but put cloth in the middle, perfect location for back, so I won't get back sweat. I am the first renter of this car with only 17 miles when I got it, so they're probably not broken in yet, I think. Lots of storage, especially on center console. The car is essentially a living room. Back seat is huge and I'd have no problem banging a bitch in the back :lol:

Steering is pretty much how you expect it to be, electrical steering and light. It has steering assist when you drift out and all that bullshit :whocares: luckily you can turn it off.

The transmission is where it surprised me, it's not a CVT, but it's an 8 speed slushbox, and it is pretty responsive, kinda reminds me of the ZF 8 speed on a v6 charger I've driven a year ago.

Handling/Drivability: I took ramps at 40-50 mph, and it doesn't seem to have an issue taking that ramp, doesn't seem to have a body roll as well. Brakes are decent, acceleration is pretty much how you expect to be for a 4 banger camry, I felt 0-60 maybe in a neighborhood of 7ish.

I think I covered pretty much anything. But there are few things really bugged me on this car:
1. The interior lights does not turn on when you open the door and there isn't a button to turn that on or off :wtf:
2. The seatbelt sound is really annoying and it won't shut up, but I guess that's what toyota tries to do to keep :mahtroy:s safe.
3. It's a Toyota, do I need to say more. I feel like a Kurdish refugee driving this car :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Here’s a few pictures from the iphone 8 plus potato, yes I hard park :aintcare:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I'm sorry for your loss.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Oh. A Camry thread.
:nope: :gag: :nope:
:gag: :gag: :gag:
:nope: :gag: :nope:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Acid666 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:27 pm I'm sorry for your loss.
:lolol:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Acid666 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:27 pm I'm sorry for your loss.
:lolgasm:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:51 am Since it's humpday, I decided to do a Maxtdi style review on here for shits and giggles for an appliance. :whocares:

First off, it is the new body style, SE model, No sunroof, half leather half cloth, no sunroof, no keyless entry, no push to start, base as fuck.

This is my first time ever I've driven a Camry, so I can't really speak too much from driving experience compared to other Camry's, which in other words, NFG character it has, and shit to drive. But I have ridden in ubers of previous models and some cabs (well duh)

Let's start with exterior, compared to previous Camry's, it looks really good, looks more sporty. The front end is probably my favorite part as far as exterior goes. Side profile looks good, nice lines and attention to detail, nothing bland about this car. Kind of looks like a late model ES with the wheels.

The Interior is pretty damn nice for a Camry, really a nice place to be in. The head unit is really responsive on iphone music along with USB (unlike my GTI) :sad: , didn't fuck around with bluetooth. Gauges are basic, duh. As explained before, the seats are comfortable, but on the firmer side, essentially the pleather is closer to the side edges on the seat, but put cloth in the middle, perfect location for back, so I won't get back sweat. I am the first renter of this car with only 17 miles when I got it, so they're probably not broken in yet, I think. Lots of storage, especially on center console. The car is essentially a living room. Back seat is huge and I'd have no problem banging a bitch in the back :lol:

Steering is pretty much how you expect it to be, electrical steering and light. It has steering assist when you drift out and all that bullshit :whocares: luckily you can turn it off.

The transmission is where it surprised me, it's not a CVT, but it's an 8 speed slushbox, and it is pretty responsive, kinda reminds me of the ZF 8 speed on a v6 charger I've driven a year ago.

Handling/Drivability: I took ramps at 40-50 mph, and it doesn't seem to have an issue taking that ramp, doesn't seem to have a body roll as well. Brakes are decent, acceleration is pretty much how you expect to be for a 4 banger camry, I felt 0-60 maybe in a neighborhood of 7ish.

I think I covered pretty much anything. But there are few things really bugged me on this car:
1. The interior lights does not turn on when you open the door and there isn't a button to turn that on or off :wtf:
2. The seatbelt sound is really annoying and it won't shut up, but I guess that's what toyota tries to do to keep :mahtroy:s safe.
3. It's a Toyota, do I need to say more. I feel like a Kurdish refugee driving this car :lol:
Oh wow they took the jeep approach?! And decontented ?
The SE from last gen had pushbutton etc...
Camry does have bangable back seat !
Does it have a non defeatable start stop ? I wanted to throw the Cruze off a cliff for it.
max225

Hard parked rental camry :disgust: :lol:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I don't hate it. Come at me, bros. I think you could do worse.

Question for the haters: If this wasn't called a Camry would you still hate it irrationally? I mean an Accord gets you a tiny dick 1.5T with a CVT where this gives you an NA engine with more power and an 8 speed geared automatic.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

The new design is :notbad:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:45 pm I don't hate it. Come at me, bros. I think you could do worse.

Question for the haters: If this wasn't called a Camry would you still hate it irrationally? I mean an Accord gets you a tiny dick 1.5T with a CVT where this gives you an NA engine with more power and an 8 speed geared automatic.
Supposedly the latest Toyotas have significantly improved handling including lower seating positions. I haven't driven any and don't really care, but most reviews have noted that they are indeed improved. If I had to buy a new car for some reason, I'd strongly consider a Prius Two Eco. Giant hatch in a small-ish light-ish car that costs next to nothing to run and handles somewhat decent seems hard to beat for an appliance.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

razr390 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:49 pm The new design is :notbad:
I saw one the other day IRL and didn't hate it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:45 pm I don't hate it. Come at me, bros. I think you could do worse.

+1 haters back off
max225

Whats beyond grounded to the ground tho?

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Totally agreed. This thing looks decent and is available with V6 power that will humiliate a lot of stuff out there, most notably all of its class competitors. I do like the new Accord doe, which does come with a :manuel: , and I would strongly croos-shop those before I bought a car that would cause Ron to excommunicate me. They should offer an Accord S, with either the full boat Type R motor or less detuned. 250hp as your top engine option is weaksauce.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Totally agreed. This thing looks decent and is available with V6 power that will humiliate a lot of stuff out there, most notably all of its class competitors. I do like the new Accord doe, which does come with a :manuel: , and I would strongly croos-shop those before I bought a car that would cause Ron to excommunicate me. They should offer an Accord S, with either the full boat Type R motor or less detuned. 250hp as your top engine option is weaksauce.
404 Suicide comment not found with regards to peasant camry. Are you ok breh?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

IMO the J-series V6 is the better engine than the untested Hype R motor for family hauling duties. Really the lower spec motors are the way to go in these cars, they'll likely give you years of trouble free driving. The Camry for sure, the Honda is a little more of a wild card since that :jalepenis: motor is too new to really know.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:09 pm

404 Suicide comment not found with regards to peasant camry. Are you ok breh?
:zing: Just based on looks and reviews, this Camry finally gets us out of totally pedestrian exterior design, the interior also looks :notbad: , pathetic handling addressed, and 300+ hp V6 which will run to 300K just changing the oil? The peasant life looks like it has a silver lining. Put a blower on that bitch like the Lotus bros.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote:I'm sorry for your loss.
:lolgasm: i’m getting my mexican yaris back this friday, atleast for now

But for the time being i can fuck around and pound miles on this bitch and i’ll have some miles off the Gti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wap

:lolol:
Agree with the last 2 sentences.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Good review, man.

I ended up renting a white version of this the other week to drive from Nashville to New Orleans. I agree across the board. It honestly isn't a bad car, very comfortable, decent seating position, nice place to be, plenty of space even for linebackers.

Performance/drive wise, it's nothing exciting but :notbad: , I appreciate the NA motor and traditional auto with paddle shifters, the transmission was responsive and as good as the ZF that everyone loves. I'd rather have a manual, but what can I cay, I'm :gay: for a floppy :dong: between the front seats.

Also, I found the four cylinder's performance to be adequate, granted I had spent the previous few hours driving a 21k pound :truk: with a blown turBRO and max speed of 30 MPH on flat ground.

The only thing I hated was the radar speed control, couldn't figure out how to turn that shit off and I was leaving Nashville eight hours late and had eight hours to drive, so I didn't take the time to mess with it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Here's a picture of mine soft parked at McDonald's:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

D Griff wrote:Here's a picture of mine soft parked at McDonald's:
:hawt:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
max225

Question is do chicks dig camrys ?!
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

max225 wrote:Question is do chicks dig camrys ?!
Those who want crotchfruit do!

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist: