Sep 2017 Auto sales. Madness continues. TRUKS+TRANNYS FOR EVERYONE

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:29 pm I like the fit. :iono:
Peasant!
Oh I wouldn't actually drive one. Fk that! Image
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote:
razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:43 pm

:dat:
In terms of slapping a light on top of your personal car to dash in and destroy some drug lords with a hail of gunfire and smoke, the SRT 392 is the clear choice.
Quote fail... in terms of how to pay for car (s):

Free doughnuts and coffee at the police station means not having to pay for breakfast each day?
Last edited by Tar on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:45 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:45 pm

You could afford it you just choose not to.
I can't breh... adulting costs money.
You mean going out to strip clubs and blown cash on alcohol with no return on investment? I get it. Different priorities
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:59 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:45 pm

I can't breh... adulting costs money.
You mean going out to strip clubs and blown cash on alcohol with no return on investment? I get it. Different priorities
housing/retirement/rainy day fund/furniture etc... Life comes at you hard breh. 60/65k you should be looking at most at a GTI.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:02 pm
housing/retirement/rainy day fund/furniture etc... Life comes at you hard breh. 60/65k you should be looking at most at a GTI.
:dat: I bought my GTI when I graduated college making like $36k. My other monthly expenses were low, so it wasn't too terrible a decision, but I wish I'd spent less back then. 25-28k while making 60k is much more reasonable and responsible.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:29 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:20 pm
False.

Subaru spent 5.9% (as a % of MSRP) while the industry spend 13% on average. In fact, Subaru spent the least out of mainstream brands. Toyota spent 10.7% and Honda spent 8.2%.

Subaru ATP was 22k average, while the industry was 31k. They also don't have any vehicles larger than midsize to drive up the ATP...which is even more amazing that spending is so low because nobody wants smaller cars these days.

Subaru's flat performance despite the madness of everyone else is :impressive: No way around that. Regardless of MSRP correction or whatever you want to blame, people are driven by :dill: s lately. There's something to be said for inflating MSRP and discounting down to drive sales it seems but Subaru doesn't have to do that.
You basically contradicting yourself in your post :wtf: ?

I made a statement that subaru MSRPs are closer to transaction prices because they don't inflate them.

Unlike what happens at the big 3 and trucks, where you basically have 5-12k sitting on the hood on the average transaction.

If scion was still around their % of discount to MSRP would be comparable, similar business models.
Subaru doesn't do MSRP creep anywhere near where others are, who then proceedto discount back down and inflate that % unnecessarily so.
Case in Point
4dr Man WRX STI $34,095.00 / N/A MSRP in 2012
4dr Man WRX STI $35,195 / N/A MSRP in 2017
2012 camaro MSRP $23,280
2012 camaro MSRP $25,905
TRUKS are far worse.

But yea fake news cuz Subaru is the car of the gods.
No, your statement was that Subaru spends just as much as everyone else. I proved that false. I went on to agree that their MSRPs are closer to transaction prices requiring less spending, and as such it's :impressive: that their sales are flat in this climate of :dill: s.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:45 pm
Detroit wrote: :dat:

Once the real world hits you, you'll be shopping Yarii and Fits, breh.
That's what should happen, but if he's like me he'll buy expensive shit first and take years to figure out that car payments are for morans.
We all learn eventually.

Though, I've never had anything with a monthly commitment over $400. It's my personal max. Yes, I know it's stupid. But it's kept my head above water in good times and :poop:

I also didn't have the parental safety net that :milennial: does, so I guess YOLO in that instance. If you can't fail, the risk is non-existent.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:18 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:45 pm That's what should happen, but if he's like me he'll buy expensive shit first and take years to figure out that car payments are for morans.
We all learn eventually.

Though, I've never had anything with a monthly commitment over $400. It's my personal max. Yes, I know it's stupid. But it's kept my head above water in good times and :poop:

I also didn't have the parental safety net that :milennial: does, so I guess YOLO in that instance. If you can't fail, the risk is non-existent.
Once I get salary I’m moving out. Not much of a safety net after that.

I’m planning on swinging for a good CPO Golf R or a GTI but we shall see. If the :math: makes sense I wouldn’t mind a nice SRT. I don’t spend money on much else, honestly.

There are a lot of factors at play and the fact that I said I’d like one doesn’t translate directly into I will get one no matter the circumstances. A lot depends on where a career will take me (location), cost of living in that location, and salary/bennies.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:18 pm
We all learn eventually.

I’m planning on swinging for a good CPO Golf R or a GTI but we shall see. If the :math: makes sense I wouldn’t mind a nice SRT. I don’t spend money on much else, honestly.

There are a lot of factors at play and the fact that I said I’d like one doesn’t translate directly into I will get one no matter the circumstances. A lot depends on where a career will take me (location), cost of living in that location, and salary/bennies.
Just don't buy something without lifing a bit. The first paychecks can be fantastic until you realize how much is allocated to housing (rent, utilities, insurance,etc) food, RETIREMENT (do not skimp here), etc, etc. Spend some time living on a budget to figure out what you can comfortably afford.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:25 pm

Just don't buy something without lifing a bit. The first paychecks can be fantastic until you realize how much is allocated to housing (rent, utilities, insurance,etc) food, RETIREMENT (do not skimp here), etc, etc. Spend some time living on a budget to figure out what you can comfortably afford.
Truth. Luckily I’ll have my gf so we will split rent and utilities proportionally to income. I plan on trying to put at least 25% away to retirement/savings.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:30 pm
Truth. Luckily I’ll have my gf so we will split rent and utilities proportionally to income. I plan on trying to put at least 25% away to retirement/savings.
Yeah, don't count on that forever.

I moved to CA with my college sweetie. We were together for half of college. Lived in CA for 2 years, I proposed, she said yes...then cheated on me two months later.

Suddenly, my income was cut in half and I was homeless. I had to survive.

You never know what life will do to you. You have to keep monthly commitments low until you get well established.

But I guess a lot of this comes from experience. So whatever.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:37 pm

I moved to CA with my college sweetie. We were together for half of college. Lived in CA for 2 years, I proposed, she said yes...then cheated on me two months later.

You never know what life will do to you. You have to keep monthly commitments low until you get well established.

Experience and circumstances for sure. Gf and I are about to be 6 years and we’ve been though a lot that has made us stronger and made us even more committed to one another.

But point taken. I am realistic but I always try to be optimistic rather than pessimistic.
ChrisoftheNorth

You just NEVER know. I said the same thing about my whore ex.

Keep the costs down, the savings up, and keep steady for as long as you can. Nothing is certain when you launch.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Hey Rudy, aside from busting you chops about :troywax: on new :doge: or Arr, I do think a congratulations on a new job opportunity is in order! I'm proud of you broski, it's been an uphill battle for you to date.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:22 pm
wap wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Don't you think you should land a real job and a real place to live before you buy 2 cars next year? :notsure: :millennial:
In the process of happening as we speak. :fuckyeah:

Life’s too short to drive a Honda shit
:ohmy:
Deets
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:34 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:35 pm I might just get a Golf R egg too. :notsure: have to weigh out my options.
Rudy, aren't you the broham who was going to be polizei? And now you are getting a SRT 392 and a Golf ARRR?

Tell us about your new inheritance, trust fund, new position in the drug trade/and/or bribes, sugar momma, etc.. Inquiring minds want to know how you're starting off the month $2000 in the hole on car payments and insurance.
He also plans on moving out on his own as soon as he gets a job, too. :notsure:
wap

razr390 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:44 pm New job in process with would start me out at 60-65k and have me living in Oregon. :notbad:
:wat:
wap

wap

:yeahok:
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:51 pm Hey Rudy, aside from busting you chops about :troywax: on new :doge: or Arr, I do think a congratulations on a new job opportunity is in order! I'm proud of you broski, it's been an uphill battle for you to date.
Leave it to the Canadian to say the nice thing.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Dafuq. New story!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Young man, tell us about this Oregon job!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:35 pm

Dafuq. New story!
:popcorn:
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

:rage:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR