BMW "ultimate" driving experience.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Davestr

Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Davestr wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:10 pm http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/201 ... ate-review

BMW M2 long term update C&D
So is the suspension anus-shattering or are they just being wimps? How does the suspension compare to the STI?
Davestr

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:50 pm
Davestr wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:10 pm http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/201 ... ate-review

BMW M2 long term update C&D
So is the suspension anus-shattering or are they just being wimps? How does the suspension compare to the STI?
Same or the STI is a bit worse. Its a sportscar. Granted road condition matters but most 'sportscar's are going to ride tough on shite road/broken uneven pavement. Shocking I know LOL. Wimps plain and simple. Want Lexus....fkn buy one.
Johnny_P

Davestr wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:34 pm

Same or the STI is a bit worse. Its a sportscar. Granted road condition matters but most 'sportscar's are going to ride tough on shite road/broken uneven pavement. Shocking I know LOL. Wimps plain and simple. Want Lexus....fkn buy one.
I don't think the STI is that bad though? It's a bit bouncy at low speeds but actually smooths out the shittiest stuff pretty nicely.

The M235i definitely rode better than the STI. Not sure I care to have a super smooth ride in a sports mobile like this though. Hm. I should have put the M235i into sports mode to feel the stiffer damper setting. But alas I didn't know shit about that car's drive modes and the dealer was not actually interested in discussing much about the car with me.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:40 pm

I don't think the STI is that bad though? It's a bit bouncy at low speeds but actually smooths out the shittiest stuff pretty nicely.

The M235i definitely rode better than the STI. Not sure I care to have a super smooth ride in a sports mobile like this though. Hm. I should have put the M235i into sports mode to feel the stiffer damper setting. But alas I didn't know shit about that car's drive modes and the dealer was not actually interested in discussing much about the car with me.
Well yea. All they're trained to do is point at the badge. Despite being the :jalepenis: in the lineup, it's still a BMW and far less embarrassing than a Honda or Kia.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Davestr

STi is just like the M2 - its full on sport all the time. Love it.

Too bad your test was so short and lacking. Sport changes the M235 and noticeably. A better longer test drive might have seen you in something other than the STI :) You did good man. I loved my STi. Its a fun sports machine and has character and a personality. STi is a very capable and rewarding drive. Keep enjoying it!!
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Well yea. All they're trained to do is point at the badge. Despite being the :jalepenis: in the lineup, it's still a BMW and far less embarrassing than a Honda or Kia.
It was a used car. They probably looked at me thinking here comes a kid that just wants to hoon the car and can't afford it. I got a 10 minute around the block test drive. But it was enough to tell me the car had no steering feel and felt rather bland overall. That may or may not change with drive modes, but IDK.
Johnny_P

Davestr wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Too bad your test was so short and lacking. Sport changes the M235 and noticeably. A better longer test drive might have seen you in something other than the STI :) You did good man. I loved my STi. Its a fun sports machine and has character and a personality. STi is a very capable and rewarding drive. Keep enjoying it!!
Yeah I love this thing. Maybe next year I'll look into M235i's again. They were still pushing $40k for used ones when I was looking. Now they're getting closer to $30k.
Davestr

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:54 pm
Davestr wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Yeah I love this thing. Maybe next year I'll look into M235i's again. They were still pushing $40k for used ones when I was looking. Now they're getting closer to $30k.
Ultimate driving machine depreciaton lol :) I still like it. I really do.
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:44 pm
It was a used car. They probably looked at me thinking here comes a kid that just wants to hoon the car and can't afford it. I got a 10 minute around the block test drive. But it was enough to tell me the car had no steering feel and felt rather bland overall. That may or may not change with drive modes, but IDK.
Used are even more status for the buck. They sell themselves. You want to impress people don't you?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Davestr wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:58 pm

Ultimate driving machine depreciaton lol :) I still like it. I really do.
They'll continue to nose dive until they hit like $12k then they'll flatten out.

135i's are getting pretty cheap anymore. A 135i with the N55 could be hella fun too.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Used are even more status for the buck. They sell themselves. You want to impress people don't you?
To be fair to :dillerman: I wasn't going to buy that car regardless. It was well cared for, yeah, owned by the service manager. But. It was a 2014 with 40k on it and they wanted $39k. CPO. I just wanted to test out a 2 series, lol.

The service guy was a nice dude, and he was super enthusiastic about the car showing me videos of it, of the exhaust he had AWE prototype on it, etc. Said if I bought it he'd hook me up with the AWE guys for a discount on an exhaust. 5/7 dude really. I just didn't love the car that much. But should have taken it back out with him so he could show me the fun stuff it could do. I might be in a different car right now if I had done that.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Nobody is impressed with a 2 series. :jalepenis:
max225

What size wheels are on the M2. I feel like the 19s on the M sport are almost too big. If the 2 has 20s like the M4 it would be completely insane.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:54 pm
Still lightyears more impressive than a Kia.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:15 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:54 pm
Still lightyears more impressive than a Kia.
A bus pass is more impressive than a Kia
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:15 pm Still lightyears more impressive than a Kia.
A bus pass is more impressive than a Kia
:ohdang:
Davestr

max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:55 pm

What size wheels are on the M2. I feel like the 19s on the M sport are almost too big. If the 2 has 20s like the M4 it would be completely insane.
19's are on both the M2 and M4 standard. ZCP / track package gets you 20's on the M3/M4
Last edited by Davestr on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

19's are too big on any car.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:19's are too big on any car.
:dat:
max225

Davestr wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:33 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:55 pm

19's are on both the M2 and M4 standard. ZCP / track package gets you 20's on the M3/M4
I can't believe they went to 20s... :fullretard: but yea... 19s are really pushing it.
ChrisoftheNorth

18's should be the maximum. 17's are ideal, IMO.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:19 am A 27k Bentley might be the best bang for the buck status mobile out there.
That thing is a hideous ghetto cruiser. There is not one single LEO in the United States that would not assume you were a drug dealer driving that thing.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:19 am A 27k Bentley might be the best bang for the buck status mobile out there.
That thing is a hideous ghetto cruiser. There is not one single LEO in the United States that would not assume you were a drug dealer driving that thing.
Doesn't matter. The badge is all that counts.