Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:44 pm AWD Rav 4 Adventure is 29k msrp... And it has options on top of that
AWD Crosstranny starts at 22k
:aintcare: do not want
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:42 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:37 pm

I know this vehicle will get a lot of hate from an enthusiast forum. :aintcare: Still interested to hear how it drives. I don't care if it needs to rev to move, as long as it does in fact move. I won't access 200 HP driving around Philly streets, I'll access it on highway ramps where any car would be revving out anyway.
It is not really getting hate... but how is that better than a Crosstranny? It offers more of everything you don't need. :lol: more expensive, more size, more weight.

Also it'll likely have less ground clearance.

I find a cross tranny to be quite a utilitarian vehicle, Desert told me to get my headexamined pre/post suicide.
The RAV4 I give the thumbs up to. Reasonably handsome, real transmission, probably enough power. I despise the looks and drivetrain of the Crosstrek with the burning hatred of a thousand nuclear explosions.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:42 pm

It is not really getting hate... but how is that better than a Crosstranny? It offers more of everything you don't need. :lol: more expensive, more size, more weight.

Also it'll likely have less ground clearance.

I find a cross tranny to be quite a utilitarian vehicle, Desert told me to get my headexamined pre/post suicide.
Do not want CVT. Can't do it. Also they're slow as molasses at 10 seconds to 60. But I do like them overall, just throw a more powerful motor and a 6 or 8 speed geared auto and I'd be down. Which is basically what the Rav4 is :notsure:
What about a dangerously slow CX-5? I liked it...
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:49 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Do not want CVT. Can't do it. Also they're slow as molasses at 10 seconds to 60. But I do like them overall, just throw a more powerful motor and a 6 or 8 speed geared auto and I'd be down. Which is basically what the Rav4 is :notsure:
Yep I like those too. They come in AWD as well. They're 0-60 in... :doomed: 8.1 seconds :lol:
2.5L..... 6 gears.... 3700 lbs...... I mean it's basically the same as the new Rav just looks different. And with a bit more power and more gears in the Rav.... it theoretically doesn't have to suck.

So that's why I'm saying I'd like to see what reviews think of it. November will be 2 years with my car. If I can make it to 3, that would be 1 year of production with the Rav, so kinks should be ironed out, and possibly discounts started. Timing could be alright.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:53 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:49 pm

Yep I like those too. They come in AWD as well. They're 0-60 in... :doomed: 8.1 seconds :lol:
2.5L..... 6 gears.... 3700 lbs...... I mean it's basically the same as the new Rav just looks different. And with a bit more power and more gears in the Rav.... it theoretically doesn't have to suck.

So that's why I'm saying I'd like to see what reviews think of it. November will be 2 years with my car. If I can make it to 3, that would be 1 year of production with the Rav, so kinks should be ironed out, and possibly discounts started. Timing could be alright.
Toyota doesn't have first-year kinks... :yikes: Also this is their top selling vehicle ala Wrangler, they won't fuck it up. You could probably trade straight across to that one if you don't tick all the options.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:55 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Toyota doesn't have first-year kinks... :yikes: Also this is their top selling vehicle ala Wrangler, they won't fuck it up. You could probably trade straight across to that one if you don't tick all the options.
I don't want first year anything. Straight trade would be alright. I'd be chopping my balls off, essentially. Considering I could straight trade for a nice condition Audi S5.... :yikes:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:57 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:55 pm

I don't want first year anything. Straight trade would be alright. I'd be chopping my balls off, essentially. Considering I could straight trade for a nice condition Audi S5.... :yikes:
:notsure: if you can handle an old ass S5 as a DD
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:58 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:57 pm

:notsure: if you can handle an old ass S5 as a DD
Yeah which is why I have my rally car. Dealing with repairs, even in warranty, is a massive pain in the ass for me. But it's also no better, possibly worse actually, at handling potholes than my current car.

:datass: they look good doe. 3.0 supercharged engine. AWD. DCT. Mmmm.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:38 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:17 pm
I'm actually :mindblown: at how :notbad: the new RAV4 looks. I get it.
It looks good in adventure trim.

For a MTB and :doge: hauler it's pretty perfect.
I can't hate on this, at all. :notbad:

Only gripe is the silver plastic trim on the bottom of the front bumper.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:48 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:21 pm

I can't hate on this, at all. :notbad:

Only gripe is the silver plastic trim on the bottom of the front bumper.
Skidplate.

:dat:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:40 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:38 pm

It looks good in adventure trim.

For a MTB and :doge: hauler it's pretty perfect.
I think the correct background is city... and pool of bum pee vs water :hubba:
I :lolol: 'd!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

You won't be able to find your RAV in a parking lot in 2 years. Just going to be a sea of them as far as the eye can see. People just walking around hitting the lock button trying to locate theirs
max225

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:44 pm You won't be able to find your RAV in a parking lot in 2 years. Just going to be a sea of them as far as the eye can see. People just walking around hitting the lock button trying to locate theirs
They are moving 40k units a month! Where do I sign!
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:49 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:44 pm You won't be able to find your RAV in a parking lot in 2 years. Just going to be a sea of them as far as the eye can see. People just walking around hitting the lock button trying to locate theirs
I welcome the coming epidemic of MILF brawls in the Target parking lot as women mistakenly try to enter each other's RAVs.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:53 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:49 pm

I welcome the coming epidemic of MILF brawls in the Target parking lot as women mistakenly try to enter each other's RAVs.
:notbad:
max225

Milfs usually drive Range rovers as they are the only rich enough ones to take care of themselves.

They can afford a nanny/surrogate and don't deal with crotchfruit yet slay Jamal their personal trainer 4x a week after yoga
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:05 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:29 pm Milfs usually drive Range rovers as they are the only rich enough ones to take care of themselves.

They can afford a nanny/surrogate and don't deal with crotchfruit yet slay Jamal their personal trainer 4x a week after yoga
#payarea. Go see real america Max. Poor southern milfs >>>>>>> fake cali milfs every day of the week.
Highest obesity rate in the nation and world outside of mexico i believe. No thanks breh. No such thing as a "southern milf" those are :unicorn: 's. Also I travel 5-10x a year in and out of the country... so i see enough.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:15 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:12 pm

Highest obesity rate in the nation and world outside of mexico i believe. No thanks breh. No such thing as a "southern milf" those are :unicorn: 's. Also I travel 5-10x a year in and out of the country... so i see enough.
:yeahok:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:15 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:12 pm

:yeahok:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Southern MILF fucker, reporting in.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

This thread is dripping with so much Max, I literally can't even.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Well that was a little uncalled for.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/20032/vide ... rage-fight
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225

4zilch wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:40 pm Well that was a little uncalled for.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/20032/vide ... rage-fight
Yea pretty wild... would be interesting to see the back story also... Biker swings at the car and the car loses their shit... literally witnessed the same shit on my way home the other day... except biker didn't fall and car ended up with a huge dent on the door and a broken mirror... I wish I had a dashcam at that point :shock:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

I didn’t think of this until halfway trough my drive home, but for the last 6 miles (which included about 2 miles that had been totally repaved within the past few years) I counted 58 different potholes requiring patching or repaving.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

[user not found] wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:01 pm I didn’t think of this until halfway trough my drive home, but for the last 6 miles (which included about 2 miles that had been totally repaved within the past few years) I counted 58 different potholes requiring patching or repaving.

Lemme guess... 611?

:disgust:
Not on it much, these were side roads.

That said, it is impressive how much 611 was messed up within months of them finishing it.

:therapist: