10th Gen Civic Si(gh) revealed!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Finally, the curtains have been pulled off the production model.

Honda Reveals 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan in Dynamic Global Debut Video

First ever turbocharged Civic Si is most agile, best-handling Si yet
Standard features include Apple Carplay™ and Android Auto™
Production reveal of Civic Si Coupe and Sedan variants on YouTube

TORRANCE, Calif., Apr. 6, 2017 – The all-new Honda Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si Sedan debuted today in a global reveal video broadcast on Honda’s YouTube channel at honda.us/2017CivicSiReveal. The exciting and dynamic video features the stylish, personal two-door coupe and sleek, accommodating four-door sedan - both sporty Si variants are designed for the everyday enthusiast. The new Civic Si Sedan and Coupe will go on-sale next month with an MSRP in the mid-$20,000 range.

“The 2017 Honda Civic Si is our first turbocharged Si and sets a new sporty compact benchmark in terms of agility and precise handling while building toward the launch of the Type R as the final chapter in our epic 10th-generation Civic story,” said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president automobile division, American Honda.

Powertrain and chassis

Powering the Civic Si is a high-performance, high-torque 1.5-liter, directed-injected and turbocharged DOHC in-line 4-cylinder engine with dual variable cam timing (dual VTC). Mated to a short-throw, 6-speed manual transmission, the powertrain provides a thrilling new driving experience with more low-end grunt and increased torque output across the engine’s full rev range compared to the previous Si. Peak horsepower of 205 horsepower1 arrives 1300 rpm lower in the rev range, and the increased peak torque of 192 lb-ft2 (+18 lb-ft) is produced 2300 rpm earlier and sustained over 70 percent of the rev range.

Allowing full utilization of the powertrain, the 2017 Civic Si is significantly lighter than the previous generation model and features a more rigid body including highly upgraded chassis and drive components. These upgrades include a dual-pinion adaptive electric power steering system with variable ratios, sport-tuned suspension, an adaptive damper system, a helical limited-slip differential, larger 12.3-inch front brake rotors and wider 235/40 R18 tires with a performance tire option. In addition to adaptive dampers, suspension upgrades include stiffer spring rates, more rigid stabilizer bars (+30 percent front, +60 percent rear), solid front and rear compliance bushings, and ultra-rigid front upper control arms shared with the Civic Type R.

Allowing the driver to choose vehicle power and chassis dynamic characteristics according to their tastes and the driving environment, the 2017 Civic Si now features two driving mode options: Normal and Sport. From the more comfort-oriented yet well controlled default Normal Mode, the Sport Mode adjusts the suspension damping characteristics plus steering and throttle response for a more taut and direct driving experience.

Sporty design and styling

Upping the sporty style quotient from the standard Civic Sedan and Coupe, the Si models feature an aggressive black “wing” front fascia with larger side air intake features, 18-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels with a model-exclusive two-tone finish, wearing 235mm-wide, low-profile tires, and a chrome center-mounted polygonal exhaust finisher. At the rear, the Si Sedan includes larger side vent features and a deck lid spoiler incorporating a LED brake light. The Si Coupe continues the Civic Coupe’s distinctive full-width light bar and adds a prominent raised spoiler.

The Civic Si interior features Si-exclusive bolstered front sport seats with red stitching, including stitched Si logos. The red sport stitching carries through to the doors, steering wheel and leather shift boot with aluminum shift knob. The Si interior also features a red driver’s TFT meter and audio system illumination, aluminum sport pedals and Dry Metal Carbon instrument panel trim.

Interior Comfort, Convenience and Connectivity
The new Civic Si variants offers premium comfort and convenience features building off of the EX-T Civic Sedan and EX-T Civic Coupe, including:

Remote engine start
Electronic parking brake
Walk away door locking
Dual-zone automatic climate control
Heated front seats
Rain-sensing wipers
Accommodating modern connectivity needs, the new Civic Si also includes a 7-inch Display Audio touchscreen that serves as the nerve center for control of audio, HVAC and other functions. The Display Audio is integrated with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ platforms, providing seamless integration of smartphone features and functions, including app-based navigation, streaming audio, voice-controlled search capabilities, and access to a host of Apple- or Google-approved smartphone apps. All Si models feature a 450-watt, 10-speaker AM/FM/CD sound system with SiriusXM® Radio, HD Radio™ and Pandora® capability.

Safety
The 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan are designed to provide a high level of collision safety performance in a wide variety of collision scenarios, including offset and oblique-angle frontal collisions as well as side and rear impacts. The Civic's safety performance starts with its class-leading forward visibility and precise, stable and predictable steering, handling and braking performance. Standard four-channel anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)4 with traction control and Agile Handling Assist further enhance dynamic stability and emergency maneuvering and braking performance. The Civic Si targets the highest NCAP 5-star Overall Vehicle Score.

Manufacturing
The 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan for the U.S. market will be produced at Honda's plant in Ontario, Canada, using domestic and globally sourced parts. Its engine is produced in Anna, Ohio using domestic and globally sourced parts, at the largest automobile engine plant in Honda's global production network.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

205hp is kinda weak.

Max approved 235 tire though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:04 pm 205hp is kinda weak.

Max approved 235 tire though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
:dat:

That car is a whole lot of blah, though.
Johnny_P

MSRP in mid $20s

Coupe and sedan only

1.5T with 205 HP and 192 TQ

6MT and LSD

Adaptive dampers, variable steering, 235 tires

450 watt stereo standard
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:yawn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Apex
Drives: Abominable

No waxables? :notsure:

I like the coupe version. Would be fun to test out I think.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Very interesting... the MSRP is key here. A civic SI hatch delivers on everything this car has... (same tire/wheel setup) for 21,900.

If the SI is around 25-26 with LSD+ all those other features, it is a good deal. At 28-29k :disgust: :nope:
Also no hatch :(

I don't like the way the Sedan/Coupe look especially from the back.
Johnny_P

That rear bumper on the sedan is :disgust:

But otherwise I like it. Should be a nice performer with the added power, reduced weight, and added stiffness/suspension upgrades.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

:bruh: you had me at mid 20's and factory LSD
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

It's just so damned ugly.

I do like the interior, doe.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

1300 fewer RPM than the already neutered last gen version. :flaccid:

At least they kept the LSD. I was thinking that they'd have brought their 8-speed DCT that's in the ILX/TLX out for a performance option in the new Si.

:iono: I don't really see a reason to get this over a GTI Sport for the same price.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:32 pm 1300 fewer RPM than the already neutered last gen version. :flaccid:

At least they kept the LSD. I was thinking that they'd have brought their 8-speed DCT that's in the ILX/TLX out for a performance option in the new Si.

:iono: I don't really see a reason to get this over a GTI Sport for the same price.
Peak HP arrives 1300 lower than than the prior version.
Read the thread motherfucker.
troyguitar

I'm assuming the rev limit moved down a similar amount, but yes it technically could rev to 20000000 RPM since they didn't mention any rev limit.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:42 pm I'm assuming the rev limit moved down a similar amount, but yes it technically could rev to 20000000 RPM since they didn't mention any rev limit.
It's not going to rev to 5xxx should be 6500 as with the rest of the plebe cars.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

.Image
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:45 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:42 pm I'm assuming the rev limit moved down a similar amount, but yes it technically could rev to 20000000 RPM since they didn't mention any rev limit.
It's not going to rev to 5xxx should be 6500 as with the rest of the plebe cars.
Whatever it is, it will be lame.

2000 S2000: 9000 :dedong:

2006 Civic Si: 8300 :dong:

2012 Civic Si: 7200 :flaccid:

2017 Civic Si: 6000? :jalepenis: :povertytruck: :disappoint:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:50 pm .Image
:wub:
ChrisoftheNorth

So accurate.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I don't hate the coupe exterior but not feeling the sedan. Doesn't look any different than the standard sedan to me. I am liking that interior though
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

max225 wrote:Very interesting... the MSRP is key here. A civic SI hatch delivers on everything this car has... (same tire/wheel setup) for 21,900.

If the SI is around 25-26 with LSD+ all those other features, it is a good deal. At 28-29k :disgust: :nope:

I got mine for 22k and change. A jump to 28 or so would be upsetting.

That said, I don't remember what msrp was for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:therapist:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:08 pm:yawn:
:dat:

No hatch, no care.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Calvinball wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:44 pm
max225 wrote:Very interesting... the MSRP is key here. A civic SI hatch delivers on everything this car has... (same tire/wheel setup) for 21,900.

I got mine for 22k and change. A jump to 28 or so would be upsetting.

That said, I don't remember what msrp was for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~25k. But the new one is far better equipped doe... :iono:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

They should have put the 2.0T from the Type R and de-tune it about 50 hp. That way the car would have 30 extra HP over the GTI advertised rating with aftermarket supporting the full R tune. Then this car would be rill.