Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:21 pm Getting the :dillerman: bro hook-up on every car-related transaction certainly helps take the edge off the :plac: side effects, but a 4th :truk: in what, 3 years? :dafuq:
:whocares:

TRUK resale game is strong. Payment same or less. You literally can’t lose in the :plac: :math:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:24 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:21 pm Getting the :dillerman: bro hook-up on every car-related transaction certainly helps take the edge off the :plac: side effects, but a 4th :truk: in what, 3 years? :dafuq:

TRUK resale game is strong. Payment same or less. You literally can’t lose in the :plac: :math:
Don’t think he is exactly swimming in :dillerman: cash doe. But :fuckyeah: :truk: 3.0, just gotta make sure it is white and 4 door.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:27 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Don’t think he is exactly swimming in :dillerman: cash doe. But :fuckyeah: :truk: 3.0, just gotta make sure it is white and 4 door.
:truk: :jizz: paint
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:44 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:33 pm Some of us don’t look at depreciation the same way as others. Especially those of us in the car business where things are always a little more flexible and easier to swing a deal, or the flexibility of setting up courtesy trades between dealerships to take advantage of tax write offs.

We are around it all day. Even at my store, I’m around anywhere from 3-10 people a day trading in a car and buying a $150k toy. It’s contagious.

In April we sold our first Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo. Special ordered, 12 month lead time. $195k MSRP.
After 3 weeks and 700 miles they traded out of it because they didn’t like sitting so low compared to their 2016 Cayenne Turbo they traded out of.

They’ve taken a $17,500 hit after 3 weeks to drive a Macan Turbo for 9 months until their new E3 Cayenne Turbo arrives. That they’ll lose another $15k on when it’s time to trade out of that.

As far as I’m concerned: I’m content with the fact I’ll always have a car payment, and I budget for that. $400/mo for myself and $300 for the wife with minimal out of pocket... I buy/lease whatever I can in that range that suits my desires at that time... and if I can’t make it work I don’t do anything... simple as that. Depreciation to me just means I can’t trade the GTI for an 86, Canyonero, Miata or whatever. My dealership connections get me interest rates as close to zero as possible so I just fit whatever I can into my budget and have fun with it... depreciation be damned...
:dat:
So long. Must be a few margs deep at this point.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

You mistyped :wrong: dumbass.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:47 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:44 pm

:dat:
:drunk:

TL;DR

It’s only money. Can’t take it with me so I’ll spend it while I’ve got it. Fuck it. YOLO bitches.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:50 pm

TL;DR

It’s only money. Can’t take it with me so I’ll spend it while I’ve got it. Fuck it. YOLO bitches.
When do you break your leg playing Hans at the bike park?
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm You mistyped :wrong: dumbass.
:gaydance:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

TL;DR

I kind of envy this attitude sometimes. One shitty turn of events could make decades of :scrooge: life turn out to have all been a waste, but if I go YOLO like that then I'll live to fucking 120 eating cat food.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:55 pm

TL;DR

I kind of envy this attitude sometimes. One shitty turn of events could make decades of :scrooge: life turn out to have all been a waste, but if I go YOLO like that then I'll live to fucking 120 eating cat food.
Gotta love the parallel between someone with 200k in disposable income for a status vehicle and someone looking to save $50 on a monthly. Totally yep...
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

TL;DR

I’ve been without parental support since I was 17. Married since 20, and legitimately flat broke until 28. I know the value of a dollar, and exactly how much ramen it buys.

I may look at that dollar a little differently from most, but We’ve only had a few years of disposable income and fuck me we are going to enjoy it while we have it for now... because god dammit we’ve worked our asses off to get here and it’s about fucking time we had some fun to make up for a decade of near poverty. We bought a house, put a sizeable “oh shit” fund aside, have had some fun cars, bought bikes and just started to travel - including seeing my parents for the first time in 10+ years and showing my wife where I grew up and came from.

We lived the Scrooge life because we had to. I love my wife to the moon and back... but it was fucking miserable, and i want us to at least have some fun before we get old and regret it all... if cat food is in our future, so be it. At least we got to have a few margaritas and steaks while we could.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:17 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:01 pm

Gotta love the parallel between someone with 200k in disposable income for a status vehicle and someone looking to save $50 on a monthly. Totally yep...
Man you need to silence the bean counter inside your head sometimes.

It’s not that I am specifically looking to but if I can lower my monthly outlay, why not?

The only literal issue with any of this is that I’m taking on $5k more debt that I have currently.

I budget about $500/mo towards a car payment. If I can spend less than that and do what I want... I’m gonna do it.
TTRS
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:33 pm

I’ve been without parental support since I was 17. Married since 20, and legitimately flat broke until 28. I know the value of a dollar, and exactly how much ramen it buys.

I may look at that dollar a little differently from most, but We’ve only had a few years of disposable income and fuck me we are going to enjoy it while we have it for now... because god dammit we’ve worked our asses off to get here and it’s about fucking time we had some fun to make up for a decade of near poverty. We bought a house, put a sizeable “oh shit” fund aside, have had some fun cars, bought bikes and just started to travel - including seeing my parents for the first time in 10+ years and showing my wife where I grew up and came from.

We lived the Scrooge life because we had to. I love my wife to the moon and back... but it was fucking miserable, and i want us to at least have some fun before we get old and regret it all... if cat food is in our future, so be it. At least we got to have a few margaritas and steaks while we could.
Sam likes Tiki Cat. Reasonably priced, you can order it on Chewy. :trollface:
I get it man. I splurged when I got out of college and finally into a real job on 2 bikes and a GTI because why go through life in complete fear of the worst possible scenario? Worked out great for me, still have the 2 bikes, the GTI is in some landfill doe.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I'm in the anti plac camp on this one but as a side note Towanda is cool and you could get some cool pics if you took a drive up there
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:04 am
dtraill27 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:43 am I'm in the anti plac camp on this one but as a side note Towanda is cool and you could get some cool pics if you took a drive up there
The dealer up there disclosed that the truck had been damaged at some point by a customer backing into it... so, :nope:

I'll see where the numbers fall on Thursday with Reedman. It's really going to hinge on trade value. If it doesn't make sense, I'm not gonna do it.
Could be like me and have a nice backed into ride. I feel like 24-25 should be pretty easy to hit as a trade. I didn't even have to fight with the dealer I went to
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:04 am
dtraill27 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:43 am I'm in the anti plac camp on this one but as a side note Towanda is cool and you could get some cool pics if you took a drive up there
The dealer up there disclosed that the truck had been damaged at some point by a customer backing into it... so, :nope:

I'll see where the numbers fall on Thursday with Reedman. It's really going to hinge on trade value. If it doesn't make sense, I'm not gonna do it.
Have you checked out Brid :neek: water's inventory?
http://www.bridgewaterchevy.com/Vehicle ... 3165594803
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

dtraill27 wrote:I'm in the anti plac camp on this one but as a side note Towanda is cool and you could get some cool pics if you took a drive up there
Anti-plac here as well.

I have three schools of thought on car swapping efficiently:

1.) Probably the smartest move if variety is most desired: Lease, or better yet lease-takeover like Max is doing.

2.) Flip before thw value changes much/at all: My least favorite option because we are all paying taxes on purchases, in my case it's 13% on new or used, then add two thousand more on a new car for freight/pdi/ac tac/dealer fees. So now that nearly zero depreciation game costs $5500+ per car, and had to be paid three to four times over in any given decade. :nope:

3.) :wap: (i.e. Old school) : Buy a car you like and has appeal that will have some residual value after 8ish yrs and sell it at that sweet spot right before it's worthless. Case in point, our 2007 Santa Fe which sold for $8k, paid $28k 10 yrs prior. Therefore we spent about 3k/yr to own it, car was reliable too, most are.

I personally like the Forks and would take that one down the 8 to 10 yr ownership route. Plus its a legit nice looking truck.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:23 am

Anti-plac here as well.

I have three schools of thought on car swapping efficiently:

1.) Probably the smartest move if variety is most desired: Lease, or better yet lease-takeover like Max is doing.

2.) Flip before thw value changes much/at all: My least favorite option because we are all paying taxes on purchases, in my case it's 13% on new or used, then add two thousand more on a new car for freight/pdi/ac tac/dealer fees. So now that nearly zero depreciation game costs $5500+ per car, and had to be paid three to four times over in any given decade. :nope:

3.) :wap: (i.e. Old school) : Buy a car you like and has appeal that will have some residual value after 8ish yrs and sell it at that sweet spot right before it's worthless. Case in point, our 2007 Santa Fe which sold for $8k, paid $28k 10 yrs prior. Therefore we spent about 3k/yr to own it, car was reliable too, most are.

I personally like the Forks and would take that one down the 8 to 10 yr ownership route. Plus its a legit nice looking truck.
FWIW, I bought the truck for $30500 in Feb 2016. If I get $24k out of it, that's $5500 for 31 months. That's $177/mo.

Also, we get a trade-in tax credit here - I only get taxed on the difference between the trade value and purchase price (in this case, about $600 instead of the full $2200). If I lived in California or Canuckland I'd keep my cars a lot longer. Dealer fees aren't all that spendy in PA, and also depends on where you go in NJ. Reg will be $150-ish, doc fee $140-200ish.

Working in the industry also helps - I literally have area codes when it comes to dealers I have connections at. Comes in handy, like Fled said.
Freight and pdi still add cost to the math, but it's clear that the total loss on the truck is in line with long term ownership endeavors, so there's no additional losses if trading it in sooner. The :plac: sounds pretty decent/responsible, I guess that's one of the advantages of buying a low depreciation vehicle like a :truk: , :jeep: , etc. Also nice to have the :dillerman: hooks! :fuckyeah:

I still gotta say that I'll miss looking at the Nissan, imo it's a sharp looking :truk: , but my grandpa had a little white Nissan pickup when I was gaining interest in cars so I might have a skewed perception. :iono:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:22 am
Apex wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:15 am

Have you checked out Brid :neek: water's inventory?
http://www.bridgewaterchevy.com/Vehicle ... 3165594803
:dedong: bed, doe.
Didn't notice that before, my bad. :lol:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:58 am Stumbled upon this today:

Awesome.
:notbad:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:58 am Stumbled upon this today:

Awesome.
Orange Creamsicle.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:19 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Orange Creamsicle.
All for the low, low price of $7995 for the package.

http://www.valleychevrolet.com/VehicleD ... 3214019013

:dillerman:

Looks great, doe.
Big 10 Conversion Package - $7999 - 3.5" Lift Kit, 18" Rally Wheels-BF Goodrich white lettered tires (replaces factory wheels & tires) Two-tone Decal Package, BIG 10 Special Emblems, Chrome Mirrors Covers, Chrome Door Handles
So it looks like a 3.5 lift kit + those wheels + decals and CHROME. You'd be able to do something similar for less I'd think? ~4000
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:04 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:43 pm

So it looks like a 3.5 lift kit + those wheels + decals and CHROME. You'd be able to do something similar for less I'd think? ~4000
Probably.

Throwback to this style:

Fuck that looks good.
Man, I've been jonesing for one of those lately.

I'm not sold on the "modern throwback" :doe:

The white decal down the side completely plows over the body lines. I imagine IRL it looks somewhat :disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Single cab step sides have been appreciating like crazy lately.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:08 pm Single cab step sides have been appreciating like crazy lately.
Yea, it's the "desirable" spec.

I'll take a fleetside, :doe: Even those are appreciating.

Pretty much everything seems to be lately.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.