Truk Talk: Invest in Trukcoin!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Built here too. FCA just announced additional $2k bonuses for all employees, and increased investment in the Detroit area plant (down the street from my office) that produces these. All Rams will be made in Murica. Most in my area, which is seriously :fuckyeah:

They even cited the tax plan as reasoning.

:thankstrump:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:01 pm I am just glad it is designed in America still.
American Designer right here.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:01 pm I am just glad it is designed in America still.
American Designer right here.
:like:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:50 am
:wat: am I looking at lol
ChrisoftheNorth

This has been around for a bit...launching in Australia.

:popcorn: on what comes to the states. Should be good.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:57 am
:wat: am I looking at lol
A video of the new ranger raptor in development brapping its way through the Australian outback...
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:57 am
This has been around for a bit...launching in Australia.

:popcorn: on what comes to the states. Should be good.
:popcorn: indeed. These midsize off roaders are :megusta:
max225

So it’s an announcement for an announcement yay. I have never seen a manufacturer use chamo in advertisements. :fullretard:
ChrisoftheNorth

Seems like dragging out product reveals are all the rage these days. How long did it take for the Demon to finally show it's face?
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:05 am Seems like dragging out product reveals are all the rage these days. How long did it take for the Demon to finally show it's face?
I hate this. Ford did it right with the GT. Nobody had any idea it was coming and then BAM Ford releases a supercar :wtf: news headlines. The Apple style "oh and one more thing" reveals are the best.

Not this dragging bullshit. Look at the Goddamn Supra. Will it ever be revealed? The wants are there but I gotta know what the f it is first, lol.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:31 pm Built here too. FCA just announced additional $2k bonuses for all employees, and increased investment in the Detroit area plant (down the street from my office) that produces these. All Rams will be made in Murica. Most in my area, which is seriously :fuckyeah:

They even cited the tax plan as reasoning.

:thankstrump:
Fake news. :idbu:

:trollface:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:18 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:05 am Seems like dragging out product reveals are all the rage these days. How long did it take for the Demon to finally show it's face?
I hate this. Ford did it right with the GT. Nobody had any idea it was coming and then BAM Ford releases a supercar :wtf: news headlines. The Apple style "oh and one more thing" reveals are the best.

Not this dragging bullshit. Look at the Goddamn Supra. Will it ever be revealed? The wants are there but I gotta know what the f it is first, lol.
It's really hard. What Ford did with the GT was :mindblown: Though, from the first reveal in Detroit to the first sales was over a year. Hell, we're just now reading reviews of it. The car was revealed nearly 3 years ago (Jan 2015)!

The challenge is it takes a while to develop a new car. Usually 5 years or so. And it involves a number of 3rd party suppliers. Sure, they all have NDAs, but keeping everything tight lipped is nearly impossible.

In contrast, a new iPhone is developed in what, 12 months? Maybe less?
max225

None of us will be able to afford it ... and frankly :aintcare: there are plenty of other awesome sports cars on the market
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:35 am

None of us will be able to afford it ... and frankly :aintcare: there are plenty of other awesome sports cars on the market
The sports car market might actually be reaching critical mass. I'm not sure there's increasing demand for sportscars anymore. Especially new ones. There's just so much good stuff to chose from already.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:37 am
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:35 am
The sports car market might actually be reaching critical mass. I'm not sure there's increasing demand for sportscars anymore. Especially new ones. There's just so much good stuff to chose from already.
Automotive market in the US has topped out. China is where it is at doe... 10-20% growth a year... for the last 15 years... Already bigger than the US ~24M vs 17
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:37 am The sports car market might actually be reaching critical mass. I'm not sure there's increasing demand for sportscars anymore. Especially new ones. There's just so much good stuff to chose from already.
Sports cars are dying.

Look at how many Miatas and FRZs sit and languish on the lot. Nissan hasn't updated the Z in almost 10 years. The Cayman and Boxster, despite being bloody fantastic... don't really sell, either. I had an immaculate Z4 on my lot that lingered for over 100 days before it disappeared yesterday.

Sports cars are dead.

Full :truk: ahead!
FRZ is ancient. Miata is too specialized and mostly a toy.
Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers are selling ok.
Porsche is selling a lot of 911s and caymans.

Apex
Drives: Abominable

Dat Macan doe.
max225

Apex wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:04 pmDat Macan doe.
4 Macans for every Boxter/Gayman because practical
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:15 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:02 pm

FRZ is ancient. Miata is too specialized and mostly a toy.
Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers are selling ok.
Porsche is selling a lot of 911s and caymans.

I wouldn't qualify the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger as sports cars. Those models are still banking big on the boomer market, they use heritage to sell - once the boomers start to die off, that market's gonna fall hard.

They're also bigger cars with fairly usable back seats, akin to the M4. Performance cars they are, in certain trims, but sports cars they are not.
Well McLaren has record sales... And they have encroached a lot of the higher end market especially from Porsche.
Old farts are gonna old fart. Always has been that way. The way I see it here the mustang demographic can be that but it can also be some bros trying to get XXX hp for $xxx which is why they always crash at CC
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:18 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:15 pm

I wouldn't qualify the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger as sports cars. Those models are still banking big on the boomer market, they use heritage to sell - once the boomers start to die off, that market's gonna fall hard.

They're also bigger cars with fairly usable back seats, akin to the M4. Performance cars they are, in certain trims, but sports cars they are not.
FWIW, we don't sell many M cars at my store either. M2 is the most popular, the M3/4 sits for a long while.
A loaded up M car licks 90k... it is a tough sell. Always has been
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:20 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Well McLaren has record sales... And they have encroached a lot of the higher end market especially from Porsche.
Old farts are gonna old fart. Always has been that way. The way I see it here the mustang demographic can be that but it can also be some bros trying to get XXX hp for $xxx which is why they always crash at CC
McLaren is a supercar - different category entirely. Those people buy those cars, and barely drive them. They just sit on them, hoping they appreciate in value or don't depreciate at all.

Fledonfoot's FIL does the supercar speculation game. It's real life.

We're entering an age where people are buying these performance cars to be garage centerpieces to brag about, not cars they want to drive.
Whats a sports car then? Mclarens can be had in the Porsche 911 Turbo pricerange.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:21 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Whats a sports car then? Mclarens can be had in the Porsche 911 Turbo pricerange.
Sports car is a pretty clearly defined category of car: purpose-built, 2-door, generally 2-seat, roadster/targa/hardtop, and of a smaller size and weight, and not with insane amounts of power. They are cars that rely on handling before power, or a balance of power and handling, not just outright power.

FRZ, Cayman/Boxster, 370Z, Corvette, 911 to some extent (but that's getting to be a pretty big car and higher trims have power and performance that put it solidly in the supercar range).

They're not cars that have evolved out of a traditional 3-box model, they're cars that have been made solely for being driven for fun.
This is where I get confused ...
Is a STI a sports car ? What about m4 ?!
Focus rs?
Mustang gt350?!
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:27 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:21 pm

Sports car is a pretty clearly defined category of car: purpose-built, 2-door, generally 2-seat, roadster/targa/hardtop, and of a smaller size and weight, and not with insane amounts of power. They are cars that rely on handling before power, or a balance of power and handling, not just outright power.

FRZ, Cayman/Boxster, 370Z, Corvette, 911 to some extent (but that's getting to be a pretty big car and higher trims have power and performance that put it solidly in the supercar range).

They're not cars that have evolved out of a traditional 3-box model, they're cars that have been made solely for being driven for fun.
Is a STI a sports car? - rally car
What about m4 ?! sports saloon
Focus rs? econobox
Mustang gt350?! carmageddon
:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:32 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:27 pm
Is a STI a sports car ? What about m4 ?!
Focus rs?
Mustang gt350?!
Read: "They're not cars that have evolved out of a traditional 3-box model, they're cars that have been made solely for being driven for fun."

STI came from a sedan. Focus RS came from a hatchback. M4 came from the 4-series. Not sports cars. Performance cars yes, sports cars no.

Of those cars, the Mustang GT350 is closest to being a "sports car" since the Mustang is on its own platform, however, it's not a car that really values handling over outright power (not to say the GT350 doesn't handle). But, it's big, it's heavy, and it's not exactly known for being a balanced vehicle.

Miata, 370Z, FRZ, Cayman/Boxster. Those are sports cars. Smaller, lighter, communicative, and not about outright power.
:deadhorse: :rolleyes: Not this argument again...