Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Just throw down boy. There's more discourse of Jeep options in this thread than a woman talking about her wedding plans. Wring those hands any more and you will win the "Johnny P Overthinking Trophy."
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote:Just throw down boy. There's more discourse of Jeep options in this thread than a woman talking about her wedding plans. Wring those hands any more and you will win the "Johnny P Overthinking Trophy."
Or buy a car that doesn't suck to drive.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:53 pm Just throw down boy. There's more discourse of Jeep options in this thread than a woman talking about her wedding plans. Wring those hands any more and you will win the "Johnny P Overthinking Trophy."
What does throw down boy mean ?
Buy a new 50k Jeep?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:01 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:53 pm Just throw down boy. There's more discourse of Jeep options in this thread than a woman talking about her wedding plans. Wring those hands any more and you will win the "Johnny P Overthinking Trophy."
What does throw down boy mean ?
Buy a new 50k Jeep?
Or a Viper.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

In all honesty I would fill the gap with another leasing mistake by some brogrammer and see what the market brings in Jeep craziness.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

In4Sno’s new Jeep Planning business.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:12 pm In all honesty I would fill the gap with another leasing mistake by some brogrammer and see what the market brings in Jeep craziness.
Kind of why I am thinking RC-F. But it is pricy... and the interior is a bit blah (outside of the dash and seats) it looks like a mid 2000s lexus model with HVAC powered by Timex.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:17 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:12 pm In all honesty I would fill the gap with another leasing mistake by some brogrammer and see what the market brings in Jeep craziness.
Kind of why I am thinking RC-F. But it is pricy... and the interior is a bit blah (outside of the dash and seats) it looks like a mid 2000s lexus model with HVAC powered by Timex.
I think they are basically ugly AF except I kind of like the ricer stacked exhaust. But a high winding NA V-8 not made of glass? :zing: Plus you live in the Pay Area manuel is a pretty stupid idea. I haven't looked at the prices on ISF's but IMHO they are way better looking than the RCF and the price may be right?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

No small feat. If anyone can win that trophy it’s Max.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:21 pm

I think they are basically ugly AF except I kind of like the ricer stacked exhaust. But a high winding NA V-8 not made of glass? :zing: Plus you live in the Pay Area manuel is a pretty stupid idea. I haven't looked at the prices on ISF's but IMHO they are way better looking than the RCF and the price may be right?
I find the RCF proportions a bit off. But I love the IS. Very Japanese. I also love the Q50 and Q60 doe so whatever. Q60 is IMO the best looking lux coupe on the market outside exotics.
max225

The front is a bit ugly, but I find beauty in things that look like they got hit with a frying pan.

It is different, and I like the mustang V8 in the Rexus, at around mustang prices... which is frankly insane.
I don't care for :manuel: as long as the auto makes sense, I don't have a longing to stroke a horse dick every 5 seconds and exercise the left leg every time i need a bottle of fernet.

IS-F doesn't exist in the current body style. I suppose I could get the IS-F Sport, but it only comes with a camry V6, not mustang V8.

GS-F does exist but it is very big, and even more expensive.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:16 pm
:notbad: :lolol:

She’ll tell you to buy a Fiat (Jeep Liberty)
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Does anyone in this thread actually ever buy a Jeep (aside from :dubshow: and :sawce: )
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:29 pm

The front is a bit ugly, but I find beauty in things that look like they got hit with a frying pan.

It is different, and I like the mustang V8 in the Rexus, at around mustang prices... which is frankly insane.
I don't care for :manuel: as long as the auto makes sense, I don't have a longing to stroke a horse dick every 5 seconds and exercise the left leg every time i need a bottle of fernet.

IS-F doesn't exist in the current body style. I suppose I could get the IS-F Sport, but it only comes with a camry V6, not mustang V8.

I like the RCF a lot but it's in no way cheap, especially in the land of short ownership duration and zero sales tax credits on trade-in.

The engine and seats are amazing - and it's generally a good thing that it's focused more on real world road use than test track lap times.
max225

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:42 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:29 pm

I like the RCF a lot but it's in no way cheap, especially in the land of short ownership duration and zero sales tax credits on trade-in.

The engine and seats are amazing - and it's generally a good thing that it's focused more on real world road use than test track lap times.
Which is why I am focusing in on it. Short term ownershit wise, I'd be looking at lease take overs I think. There is a guy in North Dakota with one... okish payment and a shit ton of miles left (2500 a month) but it expires 11/1. Which is too soon, I also don't know if I can cross state lines with a lease.
troyguitar

Lease takeover on RCF would be epic, 5/7 plan.
max225

http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details ... id=1108847

I'd do this one in a heartbeat... even with the drug dealer interior.
troyguitar

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:15 pm http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details ... id=1108847

I like that interior, looks good.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

troyguitar wrote:
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:15 pm http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details ... id=1108847

I like that interior, looks good.
:dat: not bad considering there is blue exterior paint to set it right.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:16 pm
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:42 pm Does anyone in this thread actually ever buy a Jeep (aside from :dubshow: and :sawce: )
Wifey has a Grand Cherokee. :iono:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Apex wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:39 pm
4zilch wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:42 pm Does anyone in this thread actually ever buy a Jeep (aside from :dubshow: and :sawce: )
Wifey has a Grand Cherokee. :iono:
I've had my JKU for almost 3 years now.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I had a JKU for 2 years. An XJ for 2 years before that. And a CJ before that.

I love Jeeps.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:33 pm I had a JKU for 2 years. An XJ for 2 years before that. And a CJ before that.

I love Jeeps.
:impressive:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

MIchelle will probably Grand Cherokee in a few years.