Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Steel tarrif yo.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:25 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:23 pm Wonder if :waxer: is getting hit with that $500 up-charge.
He stoped posting after everyone shat all kinds of shit in his thread :(
:wtf:

:sad:

this fucking forum.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 pm Steel tarrif yo.
Not like Jeep uses Chinese/european steel for the wrangler.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:03 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 pm Steel tarrif yo.
But it allows for more room to price US steel higher.

Who knows.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:19 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:03 pm

But it allows for more room to price US steel higher.

Who knows.
:dat:
It's already happening, with aluminum, anyway.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:09 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:05 pm
Forums are livid.... FCA is printing money on this thing... :troywax: everyone who placed an order in the last two weeks is getting calls from their :dillerman: asking for money money :disgust:
:lolol:

and my JKU continues to climb in value
max225

dubshow wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Forums are livid.... FCA is printing money on this thing... :troywax: everyone who placed an order in the last two weeks is getting calls from their :dillerman: asking for money money :disgust:

Yea obviously it is worth way more than when you bought it :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:58 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Yea obviously it is worth way more than when you bought it :lol:
:dat: 101%
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:05 pm
Yeah, supposedly according to forumbrahs, +$500 on every trim level base MSRP, +$250 on destination across the board.

So $750 adder.

:jesus: I mean YNOTTHO, if they can't even keep any on the lots and are backed up at the factory with many months of orders pending...
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:12 am

Yeah, supposedly according to forumbrahs, +$500 on every trim level base MSRP, +$250 on destination across the board.

So $750 adder.

:jesus: I mean YNOTTHO, if they can't even keep any on the lots and are backed up at the factory with many months of orders pending...
:triggered:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

https://www.southcountychryslerjeepdodg ... b7da8c.htm

Random thought... so this new Compass, which looks like a baby JGC, is around $7500 off... it comes balls to the walls loaded. and is around $28,500 comes with a giant sunroof, 8.4 jewconnect, a decent awd system, leather, towing group, xenons, accident avoidance, etc.

That would be around $45k after flying to idaho and getting a discount on the wrangler...

that's just nuts. To most people there won't be a difference in the capabilities.

I am starting to think the new wrangler is :fullretard: outside of the strong resale value I don't see the point. This car does everything it does for 1/2 off.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 pm https://www.southcountychryslerjeepdodg ... b7da8c.htm

Random thought... so this new Compass, which looks like a baby JGC, is around $7500 off... it comes balls to the walls loaded. and is around $28,500 comes with a giant sunroof, 8.4 jewconnect, a decent awd system, leather, towing group, xenons, accident avoidance, etc.

That would be around $45k after flying to idaho and getting a discount on the wrangler...

that's just nuts. To most people there won't be a difference in the capabilities.

I am starting to think the new wrangler is :fullretard: outside of the strong resale value I don't see the point. This car does everything it does for 1/2 off.
That seems like quite a :dill:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 pm https://www.southcountychryslerjeepdodg ... b7da8c.htm

I've seen a bunch of the new Compass driving around and they look :notbad: at all. They are the JGC squished down to a smaller size. They have the same drive train as the Renegade with the 4banger and 9AT.
max225

Apex wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:35 pm

I've seen a bunch of the new Compass driving around and they look :notbad: at all. They are the JGC squished down to a smaller size. They have the same drive train as the Renegade with the 4banger and 9AT.
The performance is comparable between the cars I believe.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I’ve been putting the pressure on the wife to switch gears and go with the new Compass over the Renegade. I prefer it’s looks.

That said, she gets what she wants so a yellow or orange Renegade Trailhawk is coming next. After suffering with the mini for 3 years, she needs the mental break and deserved it. It’s a shame that car got ruined for her.
Johnny_P

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:22 pm

I’ve been putting the pressure on the wife to switch gears and go with the new Compass over the Renegade. I prefer it’s looks.

That said, she gets what she wants so a yellow or orange Renegade Trailhawk is coming next. After suffering with the mini for 3 years, she needs the mental break and deserved it. It’s a shame that car got ruined for her.
:fuckyeah: skittles jeep
Johnny_P

Yep. No need for the ultimate off roader. On top of that the Compass will ride better, get better fuel mileage, likely be quieter on the road, etc. And yes it'll be able to do everything that the general public would do in their Wrangler. The Renegade is pretty decent off road, this would be about the same.

I really like the way these look too. First time I saw one I had no idea what I was looking at, like someone shrunk a JGC a tad. Really :notbad: and nice interiors too. The ONLY sucky thing about them is the 2.4 / 9AT combo. That trans sucks, flat out. And the 2.4 is a turd. 0-60 for this thing is over 9 seconds despite 9 gears and 180 HP. Which is slower than any vehicle I've ever owned, even my POS Focus was like 9 flat to 60.
ChrisoftheNorth

The entire Jeep strategy makes sense. CAFE pushes a focus toward more fuel efficient vehicles, so cranking the profit up on the less efficient vehicles helps offset the hit. Pushing people into a legit :notbad: anymore Compass or Cherokee makes perfect sense.

Except

Jeep's increased capacity of the Wrangler. I really think this is going to bite them hard. Perhaps the lines in Toledo can easily be retooled to produce Cherokees again? It just seems odd that they took price up so high AND increased capacity so much. Maybe they anticipate that much growth? More people coming in to look at a Wrangler, leaving in a Compass because it does everything they "want" for half the price and still more people buying Wranglers?

:iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

other than a fiat chassis and motor, sure.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:36 am

JL's no different.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:37 am
dubshow wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:36 am

JL's no different.
it still has 2 honkin steel beams of a frame.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

I also really like the looks of the new compass. My friend's wife has a Cherokee with the 2.4 and 9 speed and said its unbelievably slow though so I don't think I'd ever recommend it to the GF
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:55 am I also really like the looks of the new compass. My friend's wife has a Cherokee with the 2.4 and 9 speed and said its unbelievably slow though so I don't think I'd ever recommend it to the GF
I like the Cherokee and test drove a Trailhawk with the 9AT / Pentastar.

:gag:

That trans can go straight to hell.
max225

Is it supposed to be fast ? I mean these things have a different purpose.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:51 am Is it supposed to be fast ? I mean these things have a different purpose.
If you're not first you're last.