Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:26 am
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:08 am
Sounds like you haven’t then. That’s how it’s done.
:themoreyouknow:

I have never liked grinding gears so I'd just take my foot off the brake and let it roll forward or back a bit and re-attempt.
It was really difficult on my jgc, and it was pretty difficult on the older 4 runners as well. It is especially fun if you’re trying to get into L while wheelin on a shitty slope etc. You basically can’t not have it grind, always some grinding while it happens.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:27 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:50 am Image

Ocean Blue
Man get those P-rated tires outta here.
Also doesn’t have led tails, the tire option is $795 it gets you far better looking wheels and a rear limited slip too, but doesn’t matter since Sahara is an official mall spec now. And to add insult to injury costs nearly as much a rubicunt
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:52 am C and D Wrangler review.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/20 ... ate=031418
53k msrp on their test rig and it didn’t even come with decent tires :disgust:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:59 am
max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:57 am http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/how-t ... cs/1193529

Obviously these fking 1%ers don’t know how to work a Jeep. Or have never operated a transfer case before.
Meanwhile every other 4WD system on the planet has a knob you turn on the dash and that's it.
fuck electronic 4wd controls. They break. Ask me how I know.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:56 am
wap wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:52 am C and D Wrangler review.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/20 ... ate=031418
.1 increase in skidpad, 30 foot reduction in stopping distance, both largely due to tires. That's significant. 90% of Wranglers never go off road we both know this so why not equip them with CUV type tires and make them drive better as a result? The JK's 209 foot 70-0 has got to be the worst braking performance of any modern automobile.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:03 am Pumpkin

Oh fuck. :jimp:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:12 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:03 am Pumpkin

Thought you'd enjoy that :wub:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:13 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Thought you'd enjoy that :wub:
Oh I do, I certainly do. :wub:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 pm

.1 increase in skidpad, 30 foot reduction in stopping distance, both largely due to tires. That's significant. 90% of Wranglers never go off road we both know this so why not equip them with CUV type tires and make them drive better as a result? The JK's 209 foot 70-0 has got to be the worst braking performance of any modern automobile.
The braking performance is mainly due to caliper size bump for the Sahara and rubicon’s. The skid pad is mall tires however I am not sure what last one they tested. They called it a jku, but didn’t mention submodel.
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Damn I'm diggin that ocean blue
max225

Got to work and was able to check article. They compared it to this...
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/20 ... est-review

It had far more off road capable tires than the other one. So I am taking their "improvements" with a grain of salt. What is semi :impressive: is that they weighed the new one at 150lbs less. I think that's mainly due to the optional metal bumpers on the 2016 they tested.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Why would anyone put this on the road with yourself in it. FKN WASTE @ 53k plus shite brakes etc etc. Id rather lose my azz on my M car. FK JEEP.

How about this original thought.....You never go off road so buy a CUFKNV!!

That was fun LOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :like:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Davestr wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Why would anyone put this on the road with yourself in it. FKN WASTE @ 53k plus shite brakes etc etc. Id rather lose my azz on my M car. FK JEEP.

Dave bringing the heat.
Davestr

SAWCE wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Dave bringing the heat.
Thinking too logically again LOL!!! :like: :like:

Knowing my luck id drive a jeep and fkn go buy one LOL :)
max225

Dave I am a bit lost, could you explain what you're trying to say? I am seriously confused by your post.

On a sidenote if you don't take it off roads you're a turd, how about if you never take your sports car to a track? Same rule applies?
Davestr

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:19 pm

Dave I am a bit lost, could you explain what you're trying to say? I am seriously confused by your post.

On a sidenote if you don't take it off roads you're a turd, how about if you never take your sports car to a track? Same rule applies?
Better braking and probably safer, so just get what it appears you want or need, more than just have a 'JEEP". I get the want part but then essentially make it a CUV with better tires and brakes? Why do that when you can simply get a machine that does the job you want and comment on. Brakes, tires , ride quality etc etc. Again just logic man...we can pick any decision apart but in terms of use we all admit here frequently Jeeps are for well....the mall LOL

Simple point but I was also venting the logic and having fun. SAWCE got it man!
max225

Davestr wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Better braking and probably safer, so just get what it appears you want or need, more than just have a 'JEEP". I get the want part but then essentially make it a CUV with better tires and brakes? Why do that when you can simply get a machine that does the job you want and comment on. Brakes, tires , ride quality etc etc. Again just logic man...we can pick any decision apart but in terms of use we all admit here frequently Jeeps are for well....the mall LOL

Getting a mall heep makes very little sense. Outside of style there isn't a single redeeming quality in that vehicle.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Getting a mall heep makes very little sense. Outside of style there isn't a single redeeming quality in that vehicle.
They appear to generate immense buzz....amazing to me. Not every really followed or thought about Jeeps until this site gen'd up with so much Jeep talk. They do have a distinct following and I think it would surprise many folks on this site how many roll around this region.
Johnny_P

He lives in a land where public highways are basically top speed track runs sooooo
max225

Davestr wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 pm
They appear to generate immense buzz....amazing to me. Not every really followed or thought about Jeeps until this site gen'd up with so much Jeep talk. They do have a distinct following and I think it would surprise many folks on this site how many roll around this region.
Europe would buy these up just like the Mustangs. Because they think that part of "america" is cool.
Davestr

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:40 pm
Davestr wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Europe would buy these up just like the Mustangs. Because they think that part of "america" is cool.
They are here and now a frequent site. Just like the Mustang GT's. Daily sightings no problem. Mustangs on the road in winter?? Oh yea not a problem. New and older ones.
Johnny_P

People want them for the styling.
They shy away from them because they drive like poo, have bad brakes, and a scary 4x4 system.
So fix the driving and braking problem with a set of mall spec tires, offer a full time AWD system, a power retracting roof, and offer it all on the poser spec Sahara and you're good. People who will never actually use a Jeep's capabilities buy it because it looks like a Jeep and doesn't drive like farm equipment.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 pm

He lives in a land where public highways are basically top speed track runs sooooo
They are not. Driving in Germany is over-rated. Yes some roads are great and yes some highways have no limits. But cars are expensive as shit, maintaining a car is supremely expensive as well. You can't get anything worth while unless you're spending 6 figure euros. Speed cameras all over the place, red light cameras all over the place. :disgust: fines for fucking up. Mandatory safety regulations and inability to modify vehicles. All so much other BS.

America is still the best country on earth for driving period by a LANDSLIDE.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:43 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 pm

They are not. Driving in Germany is over-rated. Yes some roads are great and yes some highways have no limits. But cars are expensive as shit, maintaining a car is supremely expensive as well. You can't get anything worth while unless you're spending 6 figure euros. Speed cameras all over the place, red light cameras all over the place. :disgust: fines for fucking up. Mandatory safety regulations and inability to modify vehicles. All so much other BS.

America is still the best country on earth for driving period by a LANDSLIDE.
That's all true but if you can afford it Germany is pretty great for bombing back roads and going flat out on highways.