Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:34 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Why the quotes?
I am worked really hard where I am currently... and paid really well. I don't know if that is a permanent situation. I am not like a football player that goes to a strip club on pay day and buys a Bentley only to go broke by 35.
To me the decision partly lies on your willingness to let this vehicle expand your recreational horizons. If you would visit the Sierras, etc. more in summer and winter (and you have time for that) then that's kind of a life expanding decision, and you have shown an absolute willingness to blow cash on travel, which is the same kind of thing. On the other hand, if you really see your next couple of years as being pretty damn busy on the weekends where your recreation consists of Fernet Fridays and a little AZN/Barnaul banging, you can just strip some poor schmuck of his leased Bimmer at a discount and drive to that. In other words, it's stupid to pay big money for a jeep when you will, in essence, only be taking it to the mall.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:38 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:38 pm

I'd likely cross shop a 4Runner to be responsible. They're both reasonable purchases for enthusiasts with an :aintcare: attitude.
I'd JL before 4Runner, personally.
I like both but for different reasons. Wish the 4R got updated. It's pretty archaic at this point with the 5AT and low tech engine. That has some charm and appeal though.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:36 pm

Honestly It would make way more sense than the current setup.
It is the only :aintcare: + Enthusiast vehicle out there... and you can personalize it to taste. Only issue is entry price.
I'd likely cross shop a 4Runner to be responsible. They're both reasonable purchases for enthusiasts with an :aintcare: attitude.
no metal bumpers
5 speed auto
+400-500 lbs
worse interior
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:40 pm

I am worked really hard where I am currently... and paid really well. I don't know if that is a permanent situation. I am not like a football player that goes to a strip club on pay day and buys a Bentley only to go broke by 35.
To me the decision partly lies on your willingness to let this vehicle expand your recreational horizons. If you would visit the Sierras, etc. more in summer and winter (and you have time for that) then that's kind of a life expanding decision, and you have shown an absolute willingness to blow cash on travel, which is the same kind of thing. On the other hand, if you really see your next couple of years as being pretty damn busy on the weekends where your recreation consists of Fernet Fridays and a little AZN/Barnaul banging, you can just strip some poor schmuck of his leased Bimmer at a discount and drive to that. In other words, it's stupid to pay big money for a jeep when you will, in essence, only be taking it to the mall.
Yep. All this.
max225

There are 0 logical non-consumeristic reasons to purchase it. I am not going to argue for this one bit. I can buy a 6-7k 4 runner and do the exact same shit. This is a WANT purchase.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:40 pm

no metal bumpers
5 speed auto
+400-500 lbs
worse interior
Totally valid negatives.

It has its positives though. Cheaper, same resale maybe even better, same capability (lesbihonest I'm not going to max out the capability of either one), better rear seat / rear hatch, roll down rear window, no solid front axle and therefore better road manners, not 1st year FCA.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:43 pm

There are 0 logical non-consumeristic reasons to purchase it. I am not going to argue for this one bit. I can buy a 6-7k 4 runner and do the exact same shit. This is a WANT purchase.
Well there you go. Logical Max vs. Waxer Max.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

Bruh nobody with a respectable job wants to roll around in a poverty 20 year old used Toyboata with a cracked dashboard and 180k miles.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:45 pm

I believe you immortalized this in a quote that Johnny is sporting.

That is the epic and never-ending struggle.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Bruh nobody with a respectable job wants to roll around in a poverty 20 year old used Toyboata with a cracked dashboard and 180k miles.
Right, but everyone is head over heels in debt and running paycheck to paycheck on 84 month stretchpay. I don't operate as such. I could get this thing for cash if needed be... but I am trying to be smart with the money.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:46 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:45 pm

I believe you immortalized this in a quote that Johnny is sporting.

That is the epic and never-ending struggle.
Well, I want one, just like everyone else on here with their tongue a waggin.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

This is how I justified my :truk: I could have leased something for WAY cheaper, but we utilize it for fun enough to make it worth paying more for.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:50 pm

This is how I justified my :truk: I could have leased something for WAY cheaper, but we utilize it for fun enough to make it worth paying more for.
Your lease costs are next to nothing. $350 a month is a cost of a camry for most ppl. You're rolling in a subsided :truk: thanks to job perk.

It would be $550-600 a month for a truck like yours for me.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:50 pm
Your lease costs are next to nothing. $350 a month is a cost of a camry for most ppl. You're rolling in a subsided :truk: thanks to job perk.

It's 75% more than my Silverado was. That would have been a better "financial decision", but nowhere near as fun.

You could probably lease a ZR2 like mine for $400/mo if you shopped a bit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:48 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:46 pm
Right, but everyone is head over heels in debt and running paycheck to paycheck on 84 month stretchpay. I don't operate as such. I could get this thing for cash if needed be... but I am trying to be smart with the money.
Could you comfortably get it with cash? If so... then I don't see how this is irresponsible.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:55 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Could you comfortably get it with cash? If so... then I don't see how this is irresponsible.
:bruh: he'd pull cash out of the market that's making him an easy 10%
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:56 pm

:dat:

Do you even opportunity cost?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

For now. :nuke: :doomed:
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm JL is :tits:

Watching Demuro's video makes me want one moar.

I want Jeep to launch the configurator so I can continue to froth at the mouth.
Yea I’m enjoying this DfD Jeep excursion!
Davestr

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:18 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Because 40 days after he buys it he'll want a performance car. Also this is money he could be hoarding to launch a startup and be somebody in the Pay Area, maybe even get himself a white girl that wasn't born in Vladivostok.
:amazing:
:like:
max225

I’m sitting on this actually ... I’m scared to have more in the market
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:55 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 pm

It's 75% more than my Silverado was. That would have been a better "financial decision", but nowhere near as fun.

You could probably lease a ZR2 like mine for $400/mo if you shopped a bit.
Hmm I really don’t think so. Colorado’s are really rare ... especially zr2s. ... easily 500..
Davestr

Counsellor u just won your case!! If only most people observed that logic. Jeeps n big trucks generally don’t get used at all for their capability. It’s just something they want but in essence don’t need or use as they could. I encourage Max to test and take a long swig of good Vodka then objectively asses if he has a life that needs a Jeep or the option you listed above........
max225

I mentioned I don’t need a jeep several times ....
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:10 am
Tarspin wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 am Off topic as fuck. :scoot:
The true meaning of :DFD:
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.