Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:29 am Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 am
Melon wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:28 am

Yeah, really leaning this route.
Keep fluids topped off, see how she does after a few autocross events.
It's the best way to go.

:aintcare:

Old cars leak.
Fuck this. Everthing can be made leak free.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

You live in f:)$ing Louisiana. Just use this as excuse to pull motor, cram with a giant cam and forged parts and a giant clutch and rule the streez and parking lot. What would Acid do? Sit there and let his peasant Ellis Juan piss in his garage? Fuck no he wouldn’t. Billet forged motherfucking hammer time.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote:You live in f:)$ing Louisiana. Just use this as excuse to pull motor, cram with a giant cam and forged parts and a giant clutch and rule the streez and parking lot. What would Acid do? Sit there and let his peasant Ellis Juan piss in his garage? Fuck no he wouldn’t. Billet forged motherfucking hammer time.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:18 pm
Desertbreh wrote:You live in f:)$ing Louisiana. Just use this as excuse to pull motor, cram with a giant cam and forged parts and a giant clutch and rule the streez and parking lot. What would Acid do? Sit there and let his peasant Ellis Juan piss in his garage? Fuck no he wouldn’t. Billet forged motherfucking hammer time.
Steers and queers, broham.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 pm You live in f:)$ing Louisiana. Just use this as excuse to pull motor, cram with a giant cam and forged parts and a giant clutch and rule the streez and parking lot. What would Acid do? Sit there and let his peasant Ellis Juan piss in his garage? Fuck no he wouldn’t. Billet forged motherfucking hammer time.
:lolgasm:

I have the clutch to rule them all.

I really want a C7 doe, also, other obligations, and an E30 money pit don't jive with me dumping money into the tubo del brubo.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:30 am
It's the best way to go.

:aintcare:

Old cars leak.

All it takes is time and money.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:29 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 pm You live in f:)$ing Louisiana. Just use this as excuse to pull motor, cram with a giant cam and forged parts and a giant clutch and rule the streez and parking lot. What would Acid do? Sit there and let his peasant Ellis Juan piss in his garage? Fuck no he wouldn’t. Billet forged motherfucking hammer time.

I really want a C7 doe, also, other obligations, and an E30 money pit don't jive with me dumping money into the tubo del brubo.
For what you do, I really think you'd be disappointed in the C7 as an improvement over the C5. Unless you're looking for something to DD.

Even then, C7's are surprisingly more cramped for us :fatty: s than C5/6's.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:30 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:20 pm

I mean, mine is leak free...but I don't expect it to stay that way for long. I also barely drive it, so...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 am
Melon wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:30 am

I mean, mine is leak free...but I don't expect it to stay that way for long. I also barely drive it, so...
My daily driven, 100k mile turd is also leak free :iono:

Turned out the diff thing was just the overflow blow off valve. I haven't seen any more lube down there in months since I cleaned it last year.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Melon wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:34 am Race vinyl breh.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
:megusta:

:nope: :doe:

This is my car. I drive this to the airport. I drive this on dates. I drive this to the mountain bike trail. I drive this to job interviews. I don't think race numbers on the side are in the cards.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:45 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 am
My daily driven, 100k mile turd is also leak free :iono:

Turned out the diff thing was just the overflow blow off valve. I haven't seen any more lube down there in months since I cleaned it last year.
:notbad:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:38 am
Melon wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:29 am

For what you do, I really think you'd be disappointed in the C7 as an improvement over the C5. Unless you're looking for something to DD.

Yeah, I still need to make sure I physically fit in one.

But, what's not to like about more power, upgraded chassis and driving dynamics, nice new tech, and no fear of impending doom?
Is it worth the price doe? Eh... that's the eternal debate. But, I can't really think of something I'd like more, maybe a Cayman? 1LE Bromaro? IDK

I do like the idea of a GT car that I can then tear up twisties with doe, that's really what I'm after.
Also, something that I don't need to mod, put tires on and go. Turning into a bit of a :225: here, but hey, I'd swap out wheels if it was under-tired. :trollface:
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:33 am

But, what's not to like about more power, upgraded chassis and driving dynamics, nice new tech, and no fear of impending doom?
Is it worth the price doe? Eh... that's the eternal debate. But, I can't really think of something I'd like more, maybe a Cayman? 1LE Bromaro? IDK

I do like the idea of a GT car that I can then tear up twisties with doe, that's really what I'm after.
Also, something that I don't need to mod, put tires on and go. Turning into a bit of a :225: here, but hey, I'd swap out wheels if it was under-tired. :trollface:
Nothing wrong with any of those things, but it's a waste for the money in a weekend car, imo. If DDing the car, I totally get it.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Nothing wrong with any of those things, but it's a waste for the money in a weekend car, imo. If DDing the car, I totally get it.
I disagree.

Having a baller thing to take on road trips is never a bad thing.
It's all about perceived value, and I'm not sure I can make the justification yet. Fucking flood debt needs to be paid off first.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:00 pm
I disagree.

Having a baller thing to take on road trips is never a bad thing.
It's all about perceived value, and I'm not sure I can make the justification yet. Fucking flood debt needs to be paid off first.
Yep, all about perceived value for sure. I want and could afford a C7, but it just doesn't present the value for me.

I saw an Orange GS today, doe...the want is insane. I'm just too :scrooge:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah a C6 GS is also a possibility.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:46 pm Yeah a C6 GS is also a possibility.
The value is getting there on those fast. They're in the low $30k range now...serious :plac: thoughts.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm
Melon wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:46 pm Yeah a C6 GS is also a possibility.
The value is getting there on those fast. They're in the low $30k range now...serious :plac: thoughts.
Yeah, I've noticed....

Could get 12k for my turd, would only be another 23k with TT&L for a newer more polished turd.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I would think that a mustang or a camaro would be better DDs/Touring cars than a C7. They also come with plenty of powaaaaaaa
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm
Yeah, I've noticed....

Could get 12k for my turd, would only be another 23k with TT&L for a newer more polished turd.

Still a lot for a weekend car, but it's a hell of a car with great upgrades over a C5. I'd be toast if an Inferno Orange one popped up in the low $30k range.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND

Now I'm on Autotrader
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Yeah, I've noticed....

Still a lot for a weekend car, but it's a hell of a car with great upgrades over a C5. I'd be toast if an Inferno Orange one popped up in the low $30k range.
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:37 pm AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND

Now I'm on Autotrader
:megusta: :plac:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Yeah, I've noticed....

They made IO GS's? I thought GM phased that color out earlier in the production.