Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 7761
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am

It is pretty raw.
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:56 am
Do I come out and tell you you're a fuckhead for everything stupid I think you do? No.. If you'd like, the list is long and I can do so.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 7761
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 am

My C5 feels doe.

Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:56 am
Do I come out and tell you you're a fuckhead for everything stupid I think you do? No.. If you'd like, the list is long and I can do so.

User avatar
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:10 am
Drives: BrubTub, :whocares:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 am

4zilch wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:55 am
Detroit wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:43 am


I honestly think that from a pure fun standpoint, it's superior to a C7. Rawness, etc.

:triggered:
some might describe that character :triggered:
:triggered:
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:10 am
Drives: BrubTub, :whocares:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:01 am

Melon wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 am
My C5 feels doe.

Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yea, this is :disappoint: The wizzards of brub have not shown you favor with this car, that's for sure.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
D Griff
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Posts: 7386
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:49 am
Drives: AARPurple Brub Tub

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:49 am

CorvetteWaxer wrote:The joys of always buying the new one. :D
, but I'm not sure how much more expensive it really is.
:notsure:

It's a way nicer car, yes, but it is at least 3X the cost. My C5 has been less than $350/month for everything including fuel, depreciation, insurance, maintenance, repairs. They are CHEAP cars hence the Mexican popularity.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3316
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:35 pm
Drives: Goldchain wagon & Mullet Barge

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am

D Griff wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:49 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:The joys of always buying the new one. :D
, but I'm not sure how much more expensive it really is.
:notsure:

It's a way nicer car, yes, but it is at least 3X the cost. My C5 has been less than $350/month for everything including fuel, depreciation, insurance, maintenance, repairs. They are CHEAP cars hence the Mexican popularity.
Hard to compare.

My 2011 Grand Sport was equal to the C5 Z06 if comparing new to new.

$350/month for a 20 year old car seems like a lot to me.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 8890
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:15 pm
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 am

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am
D Griff wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:49 am


:notsure:

It's a way nicer car, yes, but it is at least 3X the cost. My C5 has been less than $350/month for everything including fuel, depreciation, insurance, maintenance, repairs. They are CHEAP cars hence the Mexican popularity.
Hard to compare.

My 2011 Grand Sport was equal to the C5 Z06 if comparing new to new.

$350/month for a 20 year old car seems like a lot to me.
You basically can't get under $300/mo in any car, period. Maybe a 90s 4 cylinder Camry on shit tires with no insurance.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 7761
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:03 pm

I'm going for 'lightly used' for my next one. New shit is nice.
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:56 am
Do I come out and tell you you're a fuckhead for everything stupid I think you do? No.. If you'd like, the list is long and I can do so.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3316
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:35 pm
Drives: Goldchain wagon & Mullet Barge

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:03 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am


Hard to compare.

My 2011 Grand Sport was equal to the C5 Z06 if comparing new to new.

$350/month for a 20 year old car seems like a lot to me.
You basically can't get under $300/mo in any car, period. Maybe a 90s 4 cylinder Camry on shit tires with no insurance.
Local :dillerman:

Image
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:10 am
Drives: BrubTub, :whocares:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:10 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:03 pm
troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 am


You basically can't get under $300/mo in any car, period. Maybe a 90s 4 cylinder Camry on shit tires with no insurance.
Local :dillerman:

Image
Amortize the $2k down, plus taxes, insurance, and fuel...I bet it's pushing over 350/mo.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:10 am
Drives: BrubTub, :whocares:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Melon wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:03 pm
I'm going for 'lightly used' for my next one. New shit is nice.
If I drove the car more and/or it could be my primary car, I could justify it.

Having a new ZFG mobile :truk: is really nice.
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 8890
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:15 pm
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm

Yeah, not just "Monthly Payment" - actual all-in transportation costs. Assume it's your only car too, so no bro-discounts on insurance for having $200k in vehicles insured.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3316
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:35 pm
Drives: Goldchain wagon & Mullet Barge

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm
Yeah, not just "Monthly Payment" - actual all-in transportation costs. Assume it's your only car too, so no bro-discounts on insurance for having $200k in vehicles insured.
I don't really get a discount for multi-car because they all go over 7500 miles a year. No matter what I buy my insurance is $80-$110 a month, depending on the value of the car.

Amortize the cost of a C5 over a couple years and I bet it's more than $350/month.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
Detroit
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 19357
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:10 am
Drives: BrubTub, :whocares:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:24 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 pm
troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm
Yeah, not just "Monthly Payment" - actual all-in transportation costs. Assume it's your only car too, so no bro-discounts on insurance for having $200k in vehicles insured.
I don't really get a discount for multi-car because they all go over 7500 miles a year. No matter what I buy my insurance is $80-$110 a month, depending on the value of the car.

Amortize the cost of a C5 over a couple years and I bet it's more than $350/month.
Depreciation is the only "cost" so the entire analysis is :bs: until after the car is sold.

C5's have minimal depreciation if they're owned right.

:math: :disgust:
Desertbreh wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm
My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 8890
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:15 pm
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 pm

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 pm
troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:15 pm
Yeah, not just "Monthly Payment" - actual all-in transportation costs. Assume it's your only car too, so no bro-discounts on insurance for having $200k in vehicles insured.
I don't really get a discount for multi-car because they all go over 7500 miles a year. No matter what I buy my insurance is $80-$110 a month, depending on the value of the car.

Amortize the cost of a C5 over a couple years and I bet it's more than $350/month.
Mine certainly cost more than that, but I'm a moran. I'm probably over $300/mo all-in on the Vibe over the past 4 years... cars ain't cheap.

The best I could probably think to do would be to buy a used volt/cruze/mazda3 or similar boring sedan with low-ish mileage for about $10k cash and drive it NFG with no mods and liability-only insurance. That should last around 10 years before being pretty much worthless ($83/mo), plus cost around $50/mo for insurance, maybe $500/yr in maintenance, and $100/mo in fuel. Total cost about $275/mo.

User avatar
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3316
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:35 pm
Drives: Goldchain wagon & Mullet Barge

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:32 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 pm


I don't really get a discount for multi-car because they all go over 7500 miles a year. No matter what I buy my insurance is $80-$110 a month, depending on the value of the car.

Amortize the cost of a C5 over a couple years and I bet it's more than $350/month.
Mine certainly cost more than that, but I'm a moran. I'm probably over $300/mo all-in on the Vibe over the past 4 years... cars ain't cheap.

The best I could probably think to do would be to buy a used volt/cruze/mazda3 or similar boring sedan with low-ish mileage for about $10k cash and drive it NFG with no mods and liability-only insurance. That should last around 10 years before being pretty much worthless ($83/mo), plus cost around $50/mo for insurance, maybe $500/yr in maintenance, and $100/mo in fuel. Total cost about $275/mo.
The bold is the only universal truth, no matter how you feel about cars regarding new, used, or leasing.
I'm on my last bag of peas.

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 8890
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:15 pm
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Here's one that I think could be relatively "fun" for a cheap-ish DD: Jetta Hybrid. They have to be near worthless by now, but they have the 1.4T with 7-speed DSG and little electric motor for torque boost, plus the IRS setup from the GLI. That's a :notbad: powertrain and chassis combo.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 7761
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:04 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 pm
Here's one that I think could be relatively "fun" for a cheap-ish DD: Jetta Hybrid. They have to be near worthless by now, but they have the 1.4T with 7-speed DSG and little electric motor for torque boost, plus the IRS setup from the GLI. That's a :notbad: powertrain and chassis combo.
Would rather CR-Z
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:56 am
Do I come out and tell you you're a fuckhead for everything stupid I think you do? No.. If you'd like, the list is long and I can do so.

User avatar
4zilch
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Posts: 3167
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:42 am
Drives: The Spanish party
Location: Columbus, IN

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Melon wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:58 am
It is pretty raw.
:pokebeads: :knot:
Melon wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:17 am
Whatever I post, DFD will tell me I'm stupid and wrong for enjoying it.

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 8890
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:15 pm
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Melon wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 pm
Here's one that I think could be relatively "fun" for a cheap-ish DD: Jetta Hybrid. They have to be near worthless by now, but they have the 1.4T with 7-speed DSG and little electric motor for torque boost, plus the IRS setup from the GLI. That's a :notbad: powertrain and chassis combo.
Would rather CR-Z
2 seater with crap storage, crap visibility, and beam rear suspension :doe:

The Jetta is actually a nice car.

User avatar
max225
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Posts: 12149
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:49 am
Drives: Kraut Kamry

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:13 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 pm
Melon wrote:
Would rather CR-Z
2 seater with crap storage, crap visibility, and beam rear suspension :doe:

The Jetta is actually a nice car.
A fucking jetta hybrid? :wtf:

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 8890
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:15 pm
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:18 pm

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 pm
2 seater with crap storage, crap visibility, and beam rear suspension :doe:

The Jetta is actually a nice car.
A fucking jetta hybrid? :wtf:
:fullretard:

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 7761
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:40 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 pm
Melon wrote:
Would rather CR-Z
2 seater with crap storage, crap visibility, and beam rear suspension :doe:

The Jetta is actually a nice car.
"Fun" plus Hybrid, and the CR-Z isn't total poverty inside.

Jettas aren't cheap yet, at least, according to CarMax;
https://www.carmax.com/car/14757632
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:56 am
Do I come out and tell you you're a fuckhead for everything stupid I think you do? No.. If you'd like, the list is long and I can do so.

User avatar
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Posts: 7761
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 pm
Drives: The Speed Limit.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:40 pm

troyguitar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:18 pm
max225 wrote:
A fucking jetta hybrid? :wtf:
:fullretard:
It's a decent car with lots of storage, I just wound't consider it fun.
CorvetteWaxer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:56 am
Do I come out and tell you you're a fuckhead for everything stupid I think you do? No.. If you'd like, the list is long and I can do so.

User avatar
troyguitar
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Posts: 8890
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:15 pm
Drives: Screaming Dorito
Location: KY

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:42 pm

I'm actually kind of serious, it's an interesting choice for an automatic all around appliance. Probably better than the mazda3 we have here. GLI suspension and refinement, near Prius efficiency. I didn't realize that they existed back when we bought the wife's car.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest