DFD Couch Racer Chat: Forza and stuff

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Ignore that it's sideways and there is trash on the floor. That's like 30 bucks of plywood, you could definitely hinge and lock it to fold. Seat is in the pic, just a used solstice gxp seat...got a set of 2 for a couple hundred bucks and scavenged the airbg sensor. You can easily find good junk yard seats to use. The other seat is my office chair.Image
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:05 pm https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussio ... riday-2017

$299 for the CSL Elite kit is :fuckyeah: pricing.

They have a load cell kit for the Elite pedals too for $130 so you can have a full :stig: setup for $430. I'm tempted to buy it and sell my thrustmaster stuff so I can have a full fanatec setup (I already have their shifter). Hopefully my TX with 3 pedals is worth $200 or so.
that a :dill: for sure.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I just read that Fanatec is releasing a direct drive wheel base at some point "soon" which will be compatible with all of their other stuff, so I'm even more inclined to jump on the CSL Elite deal this week. That way I can upgrade to the direct drive base next year or whenever without buying anything else. :stig:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:16 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:58 pm
6 feet.
Easy, then...

My setup at its biggest points, ignoring the monitor since you're putting it in front of a TV, is 25" W x 66" L x 39" H. I could add a vertical support at either end (the pedal end would be less annoying most likely) so that it could be stored on end and be 25"x39" footprint and 66" high.

If I were to re-design it to have minimal dimensions (namely chopping off the back since I made the thing too long) it would be 25"W x 56"L x 37"H in "ready to be stored" form with the seat back folded forward. There'd even be space to put beefy casters on the end of the vertical storage support, so you'd wheel it into place and then plop it down NFG with no assembly/disassembly required.

You can do this whole thing for $25 in crap (plus whatever seat you like) and a few hours of dicking around.
This is perfect, and exactly the thought that occurred to me when you asked about vertical height.

I need to find some time to start fucking with this.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

rockchops wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:50 pm Ignore that it's sideways and there is trash on the floor. That's like 30 bucks of plywood, you could definitely hinge and lock it to fold. Seat is in the pic, just a used solstice gxp seat...got a set of 2 for a couple hundred bucks and scavenged the airbg sensor. You can easily find good junk yard seats to use. The other seat is my office chair.Image
That photo is completely worthless. Nice try doe?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

The Logitech G920 is $200 on Amazon for the next couple days.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:20 am The Logitech G920 is $200 on Amazon for the next couple days.
The deal just keeps getting better. If only I wasnt so cheap.
troyguitar

Barnes93cb wrote:
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:20 am The Logitech G920 is $200 on Amazon for the next couple days.
The deal just keeps getting better. If only I wasnt so cheap.
I decided I'm skipping the Fanatec deal because :scrooge:

Gonna stick with my TX setup for (at least) another season, the truth is I don't have enough time to make it worth buying the good stuff.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:05 pm https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussio ... riday-2017

They have a load cell kit for the Elite pedals too for $130 so you can have a full :stig: setup for $430. I'm tempted to buy it and sell my thrustmaster stuff so I can have a full fanatec setup (I already have their shifter). Hopefully my TX with 3 pedals is worth $200 or so.
I think I will jump and get that starter kit. Should hold me over for my needs. I might not go full retard on playseat just yet.
Barnes93cb

I might jump on that g920. it is a great dill
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:19 pm I might jump on that g920. it is a great dill
It really is
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:40 am

I think I will jump and get that starter kit. Should hold me over for my needs. I might not go full retard on playseat just yet.
Will send text but with your time limits 250 bucks is cheap....
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

dubshow wrote:

Get the load cell brake with it. Absolutely worth the cash, even if you don't use the third pedal.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

troyguitar wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:10 pm
dubshow wrote:
Get the load cell brake with it. Absolutely worth the cash, even if you don't use the third pedal.
FANTEC site is down. FAWK. looks like im passing on racing wheel shit.

and playseat sold out before 7am on their deals.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Project cars 2 for Xbone was 25 bucks on amazon fyi
brain go brrrrrr
Barnes93cb

Forza 7 is $38.99 on Xbox this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:07 am FH3 tonight, 9PM EST?
i do not has
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:31 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:22 am

i do not has
If one doesn't has one should gets.
:butwhy: I already have FM7?
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:47 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:39 am

:butwhy: I already have FM7?
Shenanigans.
I also dont have xbox live.

But i did recently wire the xbox into the home network.
brain go brrrrrr
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Anyone played GT Sport yet? People are liking it online... i figured I'd listen to the tough critics on here and see what ya'll have to say.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote:
rockchops wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:50 pm Ignore that it's sideways and there is trash on the floor. That's like 30 bucks of plywood, you could definitely hinge and lock it to fold. Seat is in the pic, just a used solstice gxp seat...got a set of 2 for a couple hundred bucks and scavenged the airbg sensor. You can easily find good junk yard seats to use. The other seat is my office chair.Image
That photo is completely worthless. Nice try doe?
Was a really great try. Awesome setup.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

so my xmas gift to myself was the shifter mount fut my playseat and project cars 2.

The shifter mount is neat, using the clutch is tricky but surprisingly realistic.

Also, trying to get past the master level on forza, but i took out an 86 at leguna seca on project cars 2 and...holy :balls: project cars 2 simulation is a step above even forza.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

got my turtle beach headphones hooked up last night

holy shit, its next level.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 am got my turtle beach headphones hooked up last night

I'm using some Turtle Beach headphones, at least I think. They're X11s or X12s. Lemme google it to make sure.
Yeah, That's them. Some of the worst audio I think I've heard from these things.
I started using them since my Razer headset broke, these were my old Xbox backups. I use it because it's got a mic and I need it for co-op shit with my buddies.
I'm tempted to buy another nice headset. I actually have some Sennheiser studio monitors that are fucking phenominal, but they're nearly completely isolated and I'd have to rig up a mic somewhere. Maybe it's time to just order a new headset. I'm sure the new Turtle beach stuff is a lot better than their old budget stuff... Which this headset pretty much was.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:08 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:33 am got my turtle beach headphones hooked up last night

I'm using some Turtle Beach headphones, at least I think. They're X11s or X12s. Lemme google it to make sure.
Yeah, That's them. Some of the worst audio I think I've heard from these things.
I started using them since my Razer headset broke, these were my old Xbox backups. I use it because it's got a mic and I need it for co-op shit with my buddies.
I'm tempted to buy another nice headset. I actually have some Sennheiser studio monitors that are fucking phenominal, but they're nearly completely isolated and I'd have to rig up a mic somewhere. Maybe it's time to just order a new headset. I'm sure the new Turtle beach stuff is a lot better than their old budget stuff... Which this headset pretty much was.
yea, well i may not be the most critical on audio quality these days, its a YUGE upgrade over the tv speakers. Like, they have bass. BASS!
brain go brrrrrr