Führer Trump and Fuel Efficiency

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/tr ... uirements/
The Trump administration is moving to roll back federal fuel-economy requirements that would have forced automakers to increase significantly the efficiency of new cars and trucks, a key part of former President Barack Obama’s strategy to combat global warming.

California is probably going to balk at it doe :rolleyes:

THE POOR POLAR BEARS!
:lolgasm:
max225

I wonder what this will do to future F/E of vehicles... maybe it'll be an end to :jalapenis: engines with snails.

Just in time for every Manufacturer to have switched to shitty DI + sub 2.5 liter turbros.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I am :notsure: why you used F/E in the title instead of just typing out Fuel Efficiency
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

maxtdi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:55 pm I wonder what this will do to future F/E of vehicles... maybe it'll be an end to :jalapenis: engines with snails.

Just in time for every Manufacturer to have switched to shitty DI + sub 2.5 liter turbros.
Improbable. This "reverse in progress" will only last for 4-8 years at worst, after that automakers know that anyone else will implement them again. The way of the world is going toward the efficient :jalepenis: engine. I severely doubt they're gonna scale back on a massive level. But I wouldn't doubt some :jimp: models with big ass engines will be released alongside the :jalepenis: ones, as a performance tier model or some shit
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

:fuckyeah:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:08 pm I am :notsure: why you used F/E in the title instead of just typing out Fuel Efficiency
:dat:
fix the thread title.

um, as far as fuel econ :aintcare: people gonna people.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Powertrains are developed years in advance. This won't do a thing to powertrains, but you'll probably see more trucks and SUVs since more can be sold without penalty.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

And performance cars might get even more uncorked.

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:49 pm And performance cars might get even more uncorked.

Hence the dodge Demon
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:49 pm And performance cars might get even more uncorked.

Hence the dodge Demon
No, that was way before this. But you might see more of them. Or a Grand Cherokee Hellcat or the like.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:02 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Hence the dodge Demon
No, that was way before this. But you might see more of them. Or a Grand Cherokee Hellcat or the like.
Right also in the works for at least 1+ year...

It should be interesting to see what'll happen next and if it would hurt TSLA.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Not just combat global warming but reduce dependence on foreign nations for energy (oil).

Whatever. Who cares. We'll just build a wall around those countries too.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:44 pm Not just combat global warming but reduce dependence on foreign nations for energy (oil).

Wall? :jimp:
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:44 pm Not just combat global warming but reduce dependence on foreign nations for energy (oil).

Drill baby drill
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:06 pm Who cares anyway.

We'll all be playing Fallout in real life in about 4 years.
The global temperature trend will continue to go upwards. Wether its man made or not it's happening. If we have a part in it, I think we should try and combat it. But who gives a shit. Philly will just turn into the UAE essentially but without the oil money.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:11 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:06 pm Who cares anyway.

We'll all be playing Fallout in real life in about 4 years.
The global temperature trend will continue to go upwards. Wether its man made or not it's happening. If we have a part in it, I think we should try and combat it. But who gives a shit. Philly will just turn into the UAE essentially but without the oil money.
I feel like anyone driving a vehicle that is consuming teenage em pee gees, can not talk about global warming. Neither can anyone that has kids.

Want to fix global warming? Stop having kids. End of story, all else is being a hypocrite.
Last edited by max225 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

SixSpeeder wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Drill baby drill
Just putting more money into the pockets of the arabs. US oil will never be price competitive with the middle east and africa because we actually pay people to do things over here. So companies will continue to buy oil from foreign sources and import it.
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:12 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:11 pm

I feel like anyone driving a vehicle that is consuming teenage em pee gees, can not talk about global warming. Neither can anyone that has kids.

Want to fix global warming? Stop having kids. End of story, all is being a hypocrite.
Yep. I mean my car gets bad gas mileage sure. But aside from going to work I don't really drive it. I've put 1200 on it so far since end of November and that was with many longer trips to try and get mileage up. I walk or take public transit everywhere.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Want to fix global warming? Stop having kids. End of story, all is being a hypocrite.
Stop driving cars, stop using plastics, stop being a consumer and a spawn producer.

We're :doomed: as a species on this planet.
You do realize that a good portion of the poverty world lives in balance with their surroundings? Except they keep breeding like cockroaches.

The developed world however decided to ONE UP them. We decided that it would be a good idea to destroy mountains to look for wortheless pieces of coal onto their female counterparts and live where it is 110 F in the summer and -50F in the winter and burn resources to stay "comfy"

We're a pathetic bunch that's for sure.
Johnny_P

Stop driving cars, stop using plastics, stop being a consumer and a spawn producer.

We've already completely fucked this planet. There are simply too many people for this planet to continue to support.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Yep. I mean my car gets bad gas mileage sure. But aside from going to work I don't really drive it. I've put 1200 on it so far since end of November and that was with many longer trips to try and get mileage up. I walk or take public transit everywhere.
How many resources were used up to forge your Japanese beacon of excess. :iono:

I am not saying you're wrong but I am saying you're wrong and are contributing with the rest of us to our :doomed: ... :lolgasm:

We're literally doing this as a species ..

Last edited by max225 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:16 pm

You do realize that a good portion of the poverty world lives in balance with their surroundings? Except they keep breeding like cockroaches.

The developed world however decided to ONE UP them. We decided that it would be a good idea to destroy mountains to look for wortheless pieces of coal onto their female counterparts and live where it is 110 F in the summer and -50F in the winter and burn resources to stay "comfy"

We're a pathetic bunch that's for sure.
:dat:
Johnny_P

maxtdi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:15 pm

How many resources were used up to forge your Japanese beacon of excess. :iono:

I am not saying you're wrong but I am saying you're wrong and are contributing with the rest of us to our :doomed: ... :lolgasm:

We're literally doing this as a species ..

Agreed fully. I wish I didn't care, man. I really do. Wish I could just be happy with taking a bus every day 30 mins each way when its raining or cold, and riding my bike to work when its not. Or I wish I could get an electric vehicle because at least that way your impact is a lot lower on an ongoing basis. When it gets warmer I will bike in to work more often.
razr390

in4NukaCola
razr390

Mexico banned some cars because pollution