Women's Rights... to their own bodies, income, etc.

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:31 pm Infamous blamed spawning. Apparently some chick went on maternity leave in her office. Another dude took on her work while she was gone, and got promoted partially because of the extra work he was doing. Chick went full :triggered: to Infamous about how it's not fair, etc. Infamous told her "you should have thought of that before spawning".

:wub: my wife

lloooooolllllllllllllll

:lolgasm:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:50 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:31 pm Infamous blamed spawning. Apparently some chick went on maternity leave in her office. Another dude took on her work while she was gone, and got promoted partially because of the extra work he was doing. Chick went full :triggered: to Infamous about how it's not fair, etc. Infamous told her "you should have thought of that before spawning".

lloooooolllllllllllllll

She is very vocal about her anti-spawn stance. Sometimes so much so that I get uncomfortable and need to quiet her down in public.

"Someone needs to shut that rotten crotchfruit up"
"I swear, if I have to sit next to someones POS spawn on the plane, I'm going to lose it"
"Restaurants should be 21+ so my dinner isn't ruined by fucking sponge bob and tantrums"

etc...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

i think men should get just as much time off as women when they have a child. And I think the amount of time off is not appropriate, and should be much more. In other countries, people get like a year or two.
:crang:
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh, and we have a planned parenthood across the street from our house, and there's an insane religious freak outside protesting 24/7. Seriously, we've walked by at 3am hammered from the bars and they're there. She'll start freaking out at them about women's right to chose, they should adopt them if they love them so much, it's a pity kill because according to the bible aborted babies get a free pass to heaven, etc.

Stone cold shit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

nuggstein wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 pm i think men should get just as much time off as women when they have a child. And I think the amount of time off is not appropriate, and should be much more. In other countries, people get like a year or two.
:rolleyes:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

nuggstein wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 pm i think men should get just as much time off as women when they have a child. And I think the amount of time off is not appropriate, and should be much more. In other countries, people get like a year or two.
I mean, that's excessive. BUT, yes, the leave time should be equal and fair.

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:05 pm Oh, and we have a planned parenthood across the street from our house, and there's an insane religious freak outside protesting 24/7. Seriously, we've walked by at 3am hammered from the bars and they're there. She'll start freaking out at them about women's right to chose, they should adopt them if they love them so much, it's a pity kill because according to the bible aborted babies get a free pass to heaven, etc.

Stone cold shit.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:dealwithit:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Dat free pass to heaven is :notbad:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:43 pm Dat free pass to heaven is :notbad:
What if they only have beige Camry's in heaven?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I wonder if they're looked down upon in heaven, since they never really "earned it."
Are they the less desirable race in heaven? They like the Angel's slaves? :iono:
The Lord works in mysterious ways...
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:46 pm
I wonder if they're looked down upon in heaven, since they never really "earned it."
Are they the less desirable race in heaven? They like the Angel's slaves? :iono:
The Lord works in mysterious ways...
Just get it to be Dogma, then god has to do it. Chris Rock told me.
brain go brrrrrr
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

While I don't always agree with the views of some of this board about having kids, I will wholeheartedly agree with her assessment of what happened here. Sadly though, I will offer a different side to that, where women with kids can basically get away with murder at some places because of that. Place I used to work, there were a few women with kids that were "full time", but they only showed up 3 days a week and got paid for a full 40 hour week, even when they'd burned through all their PTO time. Yet, any time I needed to take even 2 or more days off for some reason, I would get the 5th degree from my boss when I got back about why I missed so much time, and to a pile of work to catch up on because no one bothered to cover my stuff.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

To the defense of the spawning moms, I will say that they go through absolute hell at home from the 6 month mark of pregnancy to about the 3 yr mark of the child's life. Literally three to four years of constant colds, fevers, sleep deprivation, physical ailments and side effects, hormonal unbalance, eye poking, hair pulling, full out wailing in the ears every day after work from one to 4 hrs a night.... and the list goes on. Brutal.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Forgot the shit, piss and puke
ChrisoftheNorth

One of our gayest friends is a 65 year old dude that grew up SUPER religious. He has a master's degree in bible studies trying "pray the gay away". In the 90's he realized it was all BS and came out as his true self. What's incredible is that he knows so much about the bible that he has amazing come-backs to these religious nuts-o's, including this doosey. There's actually a bible verse he showed that references unborn deaths as free passes to heaven. He thinks abortion should be considered a gift because everyone is "born into sin" and has very little chance to making it to heaven.

Once he told that to Infamous, it's her go-to argument.
:lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:41 pm To the defense of the spawning moms, I will say that they go through absolute hell at home from the 6 month mark of pregnancy to about the 3 yr mark of the child's life. Literally three to four years of constant colds, fevers, sleep deprivation, physical ailments and side effects, hormonal unbalance, eye poking, hair pulling, full out wailing in the ears every day after work from one to 4 hrs a night.... and the list goes on. Brutal.
For the record, I am NOT downplaying the effort a woman goes through with raising a child. I'm sure it's immense. The thing is, wanting equal rights for work while doing all that. It's too much for one person to do, and unfortunately, you get compensated appropriately.

Not to sound like a bigot, but perhaps women should just stay home if raising children is so difficult and they get screwed at work anyway.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:21 pm

While I don't always agree with the views of some of this board about having kids, I will wholeheartedly agree with her assessment of what happened here. Sadly though, I will offer a different side to that, where women with kids can basically get away with murder at some places because of that. Place I used to work, there were a few women with kids that were "full time", but they only showed up 3 days a week and got paid for a full 40 hour week, even when they'd burned through all their PTO time. Yet, any time I needed to take even 2 or more days off for some reason, I would get the 5th degree from my boss when I got back about why I missed so much time, and to a pile of work to catch up on because no one bothered to cover my stuff.
This is actually Infamous's biggest source of :rage: She's an office manager/admin for execs and is forced into pretty steady 7:30-5 hours. Her desk is toward the front the office so she sees people come and go. She constantly sees people come in at 9 and leave at 3 using kids as an excuse. She asks to leave at 4:30 and gets the third degree. Is it fair that those that work half the time she does get the same pay? I don't think so...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:45 pm
One of our gayest friends is a 65 year old dude that grew up SUPER religious. He has a master's degree in bible studies trying "pray the gay away". In the 90's he realized it was all BS and came out as his true self. What's incredible is that he knows so much about the bible that he has amazing come-backs to these religious nuts-o's, including this doosey. There's actually a bible verse he showed that references unborn deaths as free passes to heaven. He thinks abortion should be considered a gift because everyone is "born into sin" and has very little chance to making it to heaven.

Once he told that to Infamous, it's her go-to argument.
:lolol:
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:41 pm To the defense of the spawning moms, I will say that they go through absolute hell at home from the 6 month mark of pregnancy to about the 3 yr mark of the child's life. Literally three to four years of constant colds, fevers, sleep deprivation, physical ailments and side effects, hormonal unbalance, eye poking, hair pulling, full out wailing in the ears every day after work from one to 4 hrs a night.... and the list goes on. Brutal.
For the record, I am NOT downplaying the effort a woman goes through with raising a child. I'm sure it's immense. The thing is, wanting equal rights for work while doing all that. It's too much for one person to do, and unfortunately, you get compensated appropriately.

Not to sound like a bigot, but perhaps women should just stay home if raising children is so difficult and they get screwed at work anyway.
I agree. You can't do everything and do it all well. Pick one thing and focus on it. Then switch gears when you're ready. I do agree with a woman being able to go back to her job when she desires to do so. But they shouldn't expect a promotion when they get back that's for certain.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:54 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:21 pm

This is actually Infamous's biggest source of :rage: She's an office manager/admin for execs and is forced into pretty steady 7:30-5 hours. Her desk is toward the front the office so she sees people come and go. She constantly sees people come in at 9 and leave at 3 using kids as an excuse. She asks to leave at 4:30 and gets the third degree. Is it fair that those that work half the time she does get the same pay? I don't think so...
Yep, there's got to be that level of "fair play" on a lot of different sides, and because of that, it'll never happen unless it's mandated; which isn't likely to happen either. I've made my peace with it, and my current job allows for some of that flexibility depending on the department you're in. I'm saving as many of my PTO days as possible for later this year to help my wife out, because her days off are limited since she's a teacher, but unless I transfer out to an engineering department, my level of being able to help is small since I can't work from home when needed.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:50 pm

lloooooolllllllllllllll

She is very vocal about her anti-spawn stance. Sometimes so much so that I get uncomfortable and need to quiet her down in public.

"I swear, if I have to sit next to someones POS spawn on the plane, I'm going to lose it"
"Restaurants should be 21+ so my dinner isn't ruined by fucking sponge bob and tantrums"

etc...
Sno and Infamous would get along well.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

4zilch wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:17 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 pm

etc...
Sno and Infamous would get along well.
in4DFD wife :freshmeat:
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:05 pm
He's right, :doe: Mothers and fathers get 12-14 months off for maternity leave in Germany.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:48 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:05 pm

He's right, :doe: Mothers and fathers get 12-14 months off for maternity leave in Germany.
We kicked their asses in every war.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:48 pm

:bruh: Many, many women can't.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.