POWL: The near future of the USA (and perhaps the rest of the world, too)

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.

Where do you feel we're headed in the near future? (3-5 years)

Total Annihilation: :nuke:
No votes
Somewhere below average: :disgust:
54%
Business as usual: :aintcare:
25%
Somewhere better: :notbad:
8%
Total Peace and Prosperity: :fuckyeah:
4%
Everyone gets a :boxodicks:
8%

Total votes: 24
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

We always seem to find our way here in the U.S. It just takes some time.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:24 am We always seem to find our way here in the U.S. It just takes some time.
:dat: I'm seeing downturn in the immediate future, but we'll figure shit out and get back to normal.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

more of the same.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:26 am Near term somewhere below average. Long term somewhere above average. America isn't about her leaders, she is about her people.
:dat:

:[user not found]: and :melon: DFD's Optimists.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

These whiny bitches will eventually realize that it is not words but actions that will change things. Not saying I agree with what Trump has done, but the one thing I can give him is that he is doing shit. No wasting time. Just getting shit done. Yes, some bad.... but such is life.

We will end up where we always have been and always will be. Business as usual.
*reserved for no content*
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:28 am
Melon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:27 am

:[user not found]: and :melon: DFD's Optimists.
Must be nice.

I should invest in a 4 year prescription of :alpo: .
FTFY
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:29 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:28 am

Must be nice.

I should invest in a 4 year prescription of :alpo: .
FTFY
:hue:

I've been through enough bad shit in my life to know that things will get better.
Not by happenstance or chance, but because I will make changes.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gonna be a shitshow for a few years and it's going to take quite a while to climb out of it and get back on track of becoming a welcoming, tolerant government again.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:30 am

FTFY
Don't you mean :mahtroy: luck?

:iswydt:
in light of recent developments.

make the woman unit :alpo: winner.

sit back. and bitch the whole time. :pussy:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:35 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:26 am America isn't about her leaders, he is about her white, christian, heterosexual male people.
That's more accurate.
:gtfo:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:30 am

FTFY
Don't you mean :mahtroy: luck?

:iswydt:
:iswydt: :hue:
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:38 am
[user not found] wrote:
That's more accurate.
Less and less so every day. Boy Scouts announced today that transgender kids are welcome. That's where change come from. Not Fuhrer Trump.
:notbad:

Change starts at the small/local levels first. Then driven up to the big leagues.

There have been a lot of activity around people getting involved at the local community level the last week or so. I read a number of 10,000 new applicants to run for local office.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:38 am
[user not found] wrote:
That's more accurate.
Less and less so every day. Boy Scouts announced today that transgender kids are welcome. That's where change come from. Not Fuhrer Trump.
:rolleyes:

speaking as, likely, the only eagle scout in here, that is some serious bullshit. but, its how external pressure works in a free society on a private group.

its a large group, and its make up WIDELY varies at each local/community level. in more accepting communites, I don't see a trans kid being shunned.

in BFE rural :thankstrump: areas, of course this different kid is gonna have issues. Same as that kid would have issues fitting in at school with peers....
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

and another thing... HOW MANY TRANS KIDS ARE THERE. really? How many? We are talk about 1-2% of a population base.

next thing the LGBT community will want is minority status. Force companies to hire min requirements of LGBT. Force schools to accept min number of LGBT students.

where do you draw these lines? It already is illegal to discriminate against anyone for anything. Why do we need quotas to meet for certain people, if we all really are equal.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:52 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:49 am and another thing... HOW MANY TRANS KIDS ARE THERE. really? How many? We are talk about 1-2% of a population base.

next thing the LGBT community will want is minority status. Force companies to hire min requirements of LGBT. Force schools to accept min number of LGBT students.

where do you draw these lines? It already is illegal to discriminate against anyone for anything. Why do we need quotas to meet for certain people, if we all really are equal.
If a person has a vagina but otherwise walks, talks, and is capable of doing a man's work (for physical-intensive tasks), who the fuck cares. Same thing goes for the opposite.

We have a gay lot attendant who fills in as receptionist when needed... and he does a fantastic job at EVERYTHING.

Are you just worried about LGBT/women taking over your otherwise straight male-dominated job market?
not in the least. its dominated by merit and skillset.

If they have skills, by all means, come on in. help us do work. If they are filling a spot simply because a quota for different people "must be meet, its the law"

then NO, fuck them. Your identity, color, sex preference, religion doesnt make you better or worse than someone. So why should it get you hired over a more qualified person.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

There is no affirmative action quotas for LGBT people :doe:
If there is, I couldn't find it, and yeah, it's lame.

Let people be hired based on the merit of their experience and accomplishments.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

What does affirmative action have to do with allowing transgender kids into the scouts anyway?
Let each troop decide what they want to do for themselves.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:57 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:57 am

not in the least. its dominated by merit and skillset.

If they have skills, by all means, come on in. help us do work. If they are filling a spot simply because a quota for different people "must be meet, its the law"

then NO, fuck them. Your identity, color, sex preference doesnt make you better or worse than someone. So why should it get you hired over a more qualified person.
I don't disagree with that. Forced diversity quotas are bullshit.

But passing someone over because they're not the majority is also bullshit.
it sure is. and BOTH happen which is :rage:

the next part of the discussion would be white male is boss. he hires/promotes other white male bros because thats how he got where he was. Thats always the argument. That this is a cycle and it must be BROKEN DOWN. And for discussions sake, why not talk about other jobs, that maybe I would be passed over being im white. In an all black college, for example. My race would be a disqualifier for a teaching position.

In my office. we dont have one single black person. We have a few lesbians but thats it. Im sure if a black person was qualified and competent, then they would be hired. But it hasnt happened yet. Should my office be penalized/fined?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:00 pm What does affirmative action have to do with allowing transgender kids into the scouts anyway?
its the link that some LGBT want to be labeled as a minority group/status.

1. scouts is private, with no .gov funding. who cares if they say no to LGBT kids.
2. its a group for boys. boys piss, shit and shower and change clothes in group settings sometimes. Boys bunk in tents together. From my experience in this, adding a biological girl is going to be tricky and would have to have special attention/rules/exceptions. Go back to when you were 8-12. What did you know about trans/gay kids? They are all unique people. Cant be lumped in as all acting one way. I has zero fucks on gays in scouts because several scouts in my troop were likely gay. they made zero deal about it, except one. And he was a strange kid that pissed off everyone anyway.
3. does girl scouts accept boys?
Apex

Do they want to sell cookies or popcorn?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

dubshow wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:10 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:00 pm What does affirmative action have to do with allowing transgender kids into the scouts anyway?

1. scouts is private, with no .gov funding. who cares if they say no to LGBT kids.
2. its a group for boys. boys piss, shit and shower and change clothes in group settings sometimes. Boys bunk in tents together. From my experience in this, adding a biological girl is going to be tricky and would have to have special attention/rules/exceptions. Go back to when you were 8-12. What did you know about trans/gay kids? They are all unique people. Cant be lumped in as all acting one way. I has zero fucks on gays in scouts because several scouts in my troop were likely gay. they made zero deal about it, except one. And he was a strange kid that pissed off everyone anyway.
Equal protection under the law, sure, but I don't see anything about them seeking quotas.

I want to change my vote from "getting a little better" to "getting a little worse"
I got a Meatball sub from Subway and the sauce is 0/7. It's like it's been watered down.
:triggered:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:30 pm

Equal protection under the law, sure, but I don't see anything about them seeking quotas.

I want to change my vote from "getting a little better" to "getting a little worse"
I got a Meatball sub from Subway and the sauce is 0/7. It's like it's been watered down.
so, you no like the juice.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... 0418?snl=1
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:30 pm

affirmative action is real

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmati ... ted_States
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Word. I'm trying to see if they actually apply quotas for LGBT people.
If so :triggered:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:47 pm Word. I'm trying to see if they actually apply quotas for LGBT people.
If so :triggered:
not at the moment, but they might in the future. If they successfully get labeled as 'minortories'
brain go brrrrrr