President Trump

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:46 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:41 am
:lolgasm: :yeahok:

Have you read about the Canadian border crossing stuff?
Oh dang! Who did we manage to get rid of?

:trollface:
Coast guard and border patrol are all over Detroit. Apparently people are swimming across the Detroit river? It's easier to go Mexico>Canada>Detroit than Mexico>Texas.

Also heard on NPR that there's a major increase in immigration in the northeast because again, it's easier. Don't know why they don't just stay in Canada, you guys will take care of them just fine.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:38 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:30 am Things I know.

1. Tax money gets wasted in management of illegals.

2. We spend waythefuck too much money in .mil shit.

3. There are $21T in unaccounted .mil spending over 20 years.

4. States get funding from feds which goes into services for people that are a burden on "system"

5. Bush 2nd was the most friendly towards south border immigrants. Every prez since bush 2 has aggressive policies with detaining illegals in detention centers.

6. No human rights violations are currently happening to illegals by our .gov at the border.

6.1. Illegals and families is fabricated hype sensationalism
6.2 border crossing has greatly increased under Obama era.

7. Why don't you people bother with all the other families we have actually fucked up with war, bombs, drones, economic sanctions. There are way larger issues we propigate world wide than detanting illegals.
1) correct, so give them socials and tax them
2-3) agreed
4) LULZ - Northern States pay into the system, southern States extract, northern states give people benefits, southern don't.
5) agreed
6) If the defense is "this isn't the legal definition of a human rights violation" you need to take a hard look at your morals
6.1) explain
6.2) incorrect - they plummeted under Obama and we're functionally negative for several years. Also, this shit was bad when Obama did it too.
7) False equivalency. We do and we talk about that a lot. Today we are talking imigration. It's not either or.

Eric, for a libertarian yours awfully supportive of a government acting in an abusive way. I forget the exact quote but it's something like "If your government is willing to do it to someone else, eventually they will do it to you."
Again, thank you. You answered these better than I could.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:41 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:38 am Also. The great white North is largely isolated from the impact of illegal border crossing.

Yall shit all over Louisiana but are first to cast us as racists. Meanwhile you have a totally different socioeconomic make up and have no clue what it's like here.

Show of hands, who had been to South Texas.
:lolgasm: :yeahok:

Have you read about the Canadian border crossing stuff?
Like the runner getting arrested? Yeah, there is a small number of south border crossers that make it all the way to canada. And canda doesnt have the resources to deal with them either.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:48 am
wap wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:45 am

My Mrs made this very same point the other day in a discussion with friends. "You don't have a job there in rural BFE? Here's a thought; Move to where the fucking jobs are and get one!"
But other places are scary.

It's really insidious. The amount of "othering" in media drives all of this.
It's really corrosive to our society.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:48 am
wap wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:45 am

My Mrs made this very same point the other day in a discussion with friends. "You don't have a job there in rural BFE? Here's a thought; Move to where the fucking jobs are and get one!"
But other places are scary.

It's really insidious. The amount of "othering" in media drives all of this.
:dat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:49 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:46 am

Oh dang! Who did we manage to get rid of?

:trollface:
Coast guard and border patrol are all over Detroit. Apparently people are swimming across the Detroit river? It's easier to go Mexico>Canada>Detroit than Mexico>Texas.

Also heard on NPR that there's a major increase in immigration in the northeast because again, it's easier. Don't know why they don't just stay in Canada, you guys will take care of them just fine.
:impressive:

That is some serious determination!
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:52 am
wap wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:48 am
:rolleyes:

My taxes are silly low. I probably wouldn't functionally notice if my taxes went to zero. That illustrates either I'm cheap and spend no money or my taxes are too low.
You clearly spend money (Alpo Fellatio was a completely unnecessary, though :fuckyeah: spend, not to mention all your current house mods) so the conclusion is clearly ...
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:33 am

That's likely a very small number. Americans pay a fuck ton of taxes. We are at a brink. Any new thing is low hanging fruit and becames the new "issue" to focus on.

If the people were truly looking to show up and assimliate there are ample ways. They could also show up and hang out in Mexico. Oh wait. That's another shit hole country with less freebies.
I'd be curious to break out where the money is going. For Denmark, that includes healthcare and SS. Add healthcare and SS to our 26% and you get pretty close. I've done the math in the past.
Last edited by ChrisoftheNorth on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:55 am I also spend a good portion of my time in shit hole countries compared to many on this board. Why the hell would we not WANT people from these places?

When was the last time you saw an immigrant standing on the side of the highway begging? It's just not what happens. They take the shit jobs we don't want and start small businesses and pay taxes, their kids do better in high school than kids if non-immigrants, they contribute.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:55 am I also spend a good portion of my time in shit hole countries compared to many on this board. Why the hell would we not WANT people from these places?

When was the last time you saw an immigrant standing on the side of the highway begging? It's just not what happens. They take the shit jobs we don't want and start small businesses and pay taxes, their kids do better in high school than kids if non-immigrants, they contribute.
Plus, who would make a more appreciative, thankful citizen than someone who came here from there and was left alone to create a little life for themselves and their families? Virtually very immigrant I know, I'm related to many and I work with over a hundred, are pretty great, grateful, contributing Americans.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:56 am
I'd be curious to break out where the money is going. For Denmark, that includes healthcare and SS. Add healthcare and SS to our 26% and you get pretty close. I've done the math in the past.
Probably pretty close. Plus, while your healthcare deduction pays just for your care, EVERYONE gets healthcare there so it's more efficient
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:58 am

Plus, who would make a more appreciative, thankful citizen than someone who came here from there and was left alone to create a little life for themselves and their families? Virtually very immigrant I know, I'm related to many and I work with over a hundred, are pretty great, grateful, contributing Americans.
The most patriotic person I've ever met was a Nigerian Lyft driver in Indianapolis last year. Dude said he went from not having shoes to "being given the world". He insisted that USA is the greatest country on earth. Dude was a hussler. Drove lyft during the day, was a baggage handler at the airport at night, would do airport lyft runs on his spare time. Had a son that he sends to private school because he wants him to achieve more.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Much Respect dubshow for showing up here and getting "Shit on" in this thread.
wap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:02 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:58 am

The most patriotic person I've ever met was a Nigerian Lyft driver in Indianapolis last year. Dude said he went from not having shoes to "being given the world". He insisted that USA is the greatest country on earth. Dude was a hussler. Drove lyft during the day, was a baggage handler at the airport at night, would do airport lyft runs on his spare time. Had a son that he sends to private school because he wants him to achieve more.
Ha! Sounds very much like my Nigerian coworker who retired last week after 40 years at my company. Came from the mean streets of Lagos and now lives in a high rise condo on the lakefront, drives a (used but 5/7 condition) Benz 450 SEL, dresses stylishly, used to drive a cab, take photos at nightclubs on the weekends, works at a friend's hardware store part time etc. He's going to start driving for Lyft, too. He is always praising Murica and always expresses gratitude for being here.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:03 pm One last point for now, the origins of this crisis:

Back about six years ago, we wanted to get a bunch of people out of American prisons to save money (this was a bipartisan effort), so we sent all these bad hombres home to their counties to serve out their prison terms. There were almost all from Honduras and Guetmala.

Fast forward four years to a couple years ago, these guys start getting out of prison and start running shit in those two counties. Trump's obsession with MS-13? It's these guys. Side note: MS-13 isn't a South American gang that came to the states, it's is U.S. Prison gang that moved south then north again, WE created them.

Now the law abiding families from these places (lots of families of murdered cops by the way) are the ones we are stopping at the border. They aren't Mexican and they aren't coming here simply for opportunity, they are FLEEING.

This shouldn't change our strategy, it just emphasizes we need one.
Yea that needed to be said. We exported MS-13 and are reaping the consequences. These people are asylum seekers, not job stealers.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:03 pm One last point for now, the origins of this crisis:

Back about six years ago, we wanted to get a bunch of people out of American prisons to save money (this was a bipartisan effort), so we sent all these bad hombres home to their counties to serve out their prison terms. There were almost all from Honduras and Guetmala.

Fast forward four years to a couple years ago, these guys start getting out of prison and start running shit in those two counties. Trump's obsession with MS-13? It's these guys. Side note: MS-13 isn't a South American gang that came to the states, it's is U.S. Prison gang that moved south then north again, WE created them.

Now the law abiding families from these places (lots of families of murdered cops by the way) are the ones we are stopping at the border. They aren't Mexican and they aren't coming here simply for opportunity, they are FLEEING.

This shouldn't change our strategy, it just emphasizes we need one.
Oh wow.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:08 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:04 pm Much Respect dubshow for showing up here and getting "Shit on" in this thread.
Agreed. Also, I think that Eric really doesn't share the thoughts of a lot of folks that have similar thoughts.
Well look around. 66% of white dudes voted for Trump.
wap

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:04 pm Much Respect dubshow for showing up here and getting "Shit on" in this thread.
:notsure:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:08 pm
Agreed. Also, I think that Eric really doesn't share the thoughts of a lot of folks that have similar thoughts.
I hope you're right, but :notsure: why you think that.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:38 am

4. States get funding from feds which goes into services for people that are a burden on "system"

5. Bush 2nd was the most friendly towards south border immigrants. Every prez since bush 2 has aggressive policies with detaining illegals in detention centers.

6. No human rights violations are currently happening to illegals by our .gov at the border.

7. Why don't you people bother with all the other families we have actually fucked up with war, bombs, drones, economic sanctions. There are way larger issues we propigate world wide than detanting illegals.
1) correct, so give them socials and tax them
2-3) agreed
4) LULZ - Northern States pay into the system, southern States extract, northern states give people benefits, southern don't.
5) agreed
6) If the defense is "this isn't the legal definition of a human rights violation" you need to take a hard look at your morals
6.1) explain
6.2) incorrect - they plummeted under Obama and we're functionally negative for several years. Also, this shit was bad when Obama did it too.
7) False equivalency. We do and we talk about that a lot. Today we are talking imigration. It's not either or.

Eric, for a libertarian yours awfully supportive of a government acting in an abusive way. I forget the exact quote but it's something like "If your government is willing to do it to someone else, eventually they will do it to you."
1. yes. great.

4. socioeconomic roles at play here. Would be racist to say anything more. How do you combat poverty? Texas also is an economic powerhouse. And how can you not think fed money doesnt go into a pot of services that someone here illegal with utilize. :fax: and I had a great discussion about how poorly we do socialism. I had to concede that France does a great job of just doling out cash to people in need. The USA is a fucking terrible middle man of handing out benefits. Its so god damn in efficient that the management cost more than the benefit. (see libertarian reply). :fax: had to concede that France is fucking broke and nearly hopeless for recovery. They exist because Germany is the EU strong hold of large body of like minded and like ethnic group of productive workers. Germany is the EU work horse and socialism is doing okay there. Will the "far right" rise back up there? Idk, they have a colorful history of apply Socialism.

6. eh, its currently what is it and infinity better than what they "escaped" from. Again, why not stop of in Mexico? Because its a bad :dill:
6.1 the families becoming a political shit storm of media foucs. Its ALL thats broadcast to rile the masses. The lack of inaction on :derp: influences my feels of :aintcare: .
6.2: EHHHH ok, id say that the numbers reach a peak then... 11M+ people is a shit ton of people. We also had a global downturn that I would wager had SOME effect on people choosing to come here. in 2008-2009 the media portray a broke dick country in tailspin. If people aint paying there Benz and boat note, they aint hiring for cash. It is also bush2's fault for shitty policy which let to our current mess that no president since is doing well at fixing. Our resources are clearly maxed out on processing immigration.
source for ref:

7. see 6.1. Its a farce and detracts from the large issues at play.

:[user not found]:

I don't support the abusive overreach of the .gov. "Being Libertarian" is a path for .gov reform. It doesn't mean I stop paying taxes and dealing with the current laws AS THEY ARE. I can work to change the laws and build a livable future in this country. But I have to deal with the bullshit of them (the laws) while working for change. If I decided to illegally go to another country, I would face much worse penalties than what the current immigrants are dealing with.

I support open borders and no jail for victim-less crimes (ie drugs). I also have a passport and don't do drugs.
Last edited by dubshow on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:42 am

:wut:

Iraq war protest

thats out of date. And nothing came of it. Its yesteryears news.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Exactly. Here's an example, when World War 2 ended in Germany. Germany needed people to clean toilets and Germans are not willing to take shithole jobs like that, let alone most of them graduated college. So what Germans did? they went to villages in Turkey to recruit ignorant people to work for those shithole jobs, living on welfare, etc. Hence why there's 15 million turks living in Germany.

So :gtfo: with that they took our jobs bullshit, you're not willing to clean poop for a living anyway.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:10 pm
:notsure:
It's not easy to share an opinion when you are getting responses from multiple people against you. Even if we are in the minority in the board

Just trying to keep it civil between friends
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:52 am

My taxes are silly low. I probably wouldn't functionally notice if my taxes went to zero. That illustrates either I'm cheap and spend no money or my taxes are too low.
there is no way this is true. I dont think you realize how many taxes are hidden. or you do and just have so much that another 25-50% is NBD?
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:15 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:42 am

:wut:

Iraq war protest

thats out of date. And nothing came of it. Its yesteryears news.
You can do better than this