The NOLA High Steaks 500: Troy vs Teh Fax

Organize your DFD meat ups, hangouts, wang outs, and discuss the aftermath of such shenanigans, here.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:53 am Long ass drive was long, just got home and took a shower. :fuckyeah: weekend :doe:
:fuckyeah:

Thanks for coming down, it was a pleasure to have you here for the weekend.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Weekend sounds like it was totally :fuckyeah: !!

Congratulations Troy!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

side note: I'm totally fuxored from this weekend.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:41 am side note: I'm totally fuxored from this weekend.
Yeah join the club. Those karts seriously jacked me up. My whole upper body is just sore to all hell. Those kids really did a number on me when they threw me in the drink.
Kendra's back was hurting so much from the karts and then the 2nd day of racing that she drove the airboat back home instead of the car.
We got home, unloaded everything from the vehicles, cleaned up all the nasty from the animals and then crashed hard.

On a side note, it might be time to splurge and get those 315s for the front. Lol. I can't have Mike Long beating me like dat. I wish I could do it now, but I gotta pay off some of these bills. Maybe my new plan should be to do it when I sell the bike so I can buy Kendra's Meeowta so that she won't shred up my own tires.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Sounds like a great weekend and Troy delivered the :micdrop:

:like:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yeah, after this weekend, I'm hanging up my helmet for a while, CENLA event is this weekend, and I don't have all weekend to burn.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:fuckyeah: weekend was had by all!

:stig:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:51 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:41 am side note: I'm totally fuxored from this weekend.
Yeah join the club. Those karts seriously jacked me up. My whole upper body is just sore to all hell. Those kids really did a number on me when they threw me in the drink.
Kendra's back was hurting so much from the karts and then the 2nd day of racing that she drove the airboat back home instead of the car.
We got home, unloaded everything from the vehicles, cleaned up all the nasty from the animals and then crashed hard.

On a side note, it might be time to splurge and get those 315s for the front. Lol. I can't have Mike Long beating me like dat. I wish I could do it now, but I gotta pay off some of these bills. Maybe my new plan should be to do it when I sell the bike so I can buy Kendra's Meeowta so that she won't shred up my own tires.
new plan: just stop :waxer: ing on the c5z and buy a 1999 miata SPORT for ES and yall both run that. cheaper to run in every way.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 am
Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:51 am

new plan: just stop :waxer: ing on the c5z and buy a 1999 miata SPORT for ES and yall both run that. cheaper to run in every way.

I really haven't spent much on the vette. Konis and sway bar, and the tires are all I've really done to it. My thing right now is raw times, so I'd probably want to stick with the C5Z for my own contentment, but I'd still race the Miata occasionally. Them tire prices are *DROOOOL*
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:16 am

I really haven't spent much on the vette. Konis and sway bar, and the tires are all I've really done to it. My thing right now is raw times, so I'd probably want to stick with the C5Z for my own contentment, but I'd still race the Miata occasionally. Them tire prices are *DROOOOL*
I didn't notice but what tire are you on?
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:32 am
Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 am

275 and 305 RE-71Rs. But it's on an 18 and 19 stagger set. I've got a set of stock 17/18 Z06 rims at the house, just half assed looking for 2 more 18s online to complete the square setup and then I'll be running 315/30 Rivals all around and putting my Ventus V12s back on the Forgestar 18/19 setup for dailys.
I say that, but honestly the car doesn't get out of the garage much for other than autocross. So swapping to a daily driver setup really is more trouble than it's worth. I just don't really enjoy casually driving the car around town. I get my speed fix and then I'm good for a while.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:39 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:32 am

275 and 305 RE-71Rs. But it's on an 18 and 19 stagger set. I've got a set of stock 17/18 Z06 rims at the house, just half assed looking for 2 more 18s online to complete the square setup and then I'll be running 315/30 Rivals all around and putting my Ventus V12s back on the Forgestar 18/19 setup for dailys.
I say that, but honestly the car doesn't get out of the garage much for other than autocross. So swapping to a daily driver setup really is more trouble than it's worth. I just don't really enjoy casually driving the car around town. I get my speed fix and then I'm good for a while.
nice. I'd personally stick to the RE-71's provided they continue to be the hot tire. 18 square felt REALLY good on :melon: 's car. I think you'd be surprised at how much time you will pick up dropping the extra unsprung spinning weight.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:43 am

nice. I'd personally stick to the RE-71's provided they continue to be the hot tire. 18 square felt REALLY good on :melon: 's car. I think you'd be surprised at how much time you will pick up dropping the extra unsprung spinning weight.

I read as much as possible when debating on going with the Rivals. I'm not married to either one, and I hear the REs are a little more forgiving, but on the forums the square setup with 315s seems to be one of the top choices at the moment. They don't make the RE-71s in 315s that's the only reason I was looking at switching to the Rivals.
I'm happy with the RE-71s though. When I finally was catching up to Mr Orange SS and another guy in a Boss 302, that's when I decided to finally splurge on tires and I started consistently beating them. That's why I'm kinda shocked that they beat both me and :melon: yesterday. The orange SS is running 305s in the front now, something he wasn't doing before. So I suspect it was part of the reason he did better, but I don't discount that he's a pretty damn good driver. He's solid as hell but I've seen him get bucked often in his later runs when he tries to catch my times and he ends up overdriving and screwing up one element and it kills his time. But they were a second faster in that car than me and Alan, so I think they just figured out a part of the course that Alan and I just couldn't dial in as good as them.
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:43 am

I'm not really sure what the Forgestars weight. I need to find out what the difference between them and the Speedlines is.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

If I wouldn't have botched it, my last run would have been a solid 35.5-ish second run.
I had to take it for a spin doe.
Acid666

Melon wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:56 am If I wouldn't have botched it, my last run would have been a solid 35.5-ish second run.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:45 am I watched dub show eat shit HARD, like all 4 wheels of the ground in the kart hard on a turn.
:impressive:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:23 am Weekend sounds like it was totally :fuckyeah: !!

Congratulations Troy!
:dat:
I hope steaks were comped.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Melon wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:56 am If I wouldn't have botched it, my last run would have been a solid 35.5-ish second run.
I blew my fastest run too, dunno why they put all those damn cones out there. Those things just get in the way of going fast. :derp:

Holy ballz I'm tahrd today. Next time I go down that way I need to take an extra day, maybe even see some of the actual city of new orleans... the most I saw was some of the skyline from 610.
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:49 pm
I blew my fastest run too, dunno why they put all those damn cones out there. Those things just get in the way of going fast. :derp:

Holy ballz I'm tahrd today. Next time I go down that way I need to take an extra day, maybe even see some of the actual city of new orleans... the most I saw was some of the skyline from 610.
I'm struggling today. We had to drive 2 hours back home and were drained. I couldn't imagine if I would of had to drive 10+ hours.
Hopefully you left early and at least had that going for ya. I wouldn't have stuck around after I ran.
I really wanted to take today off but my main client right now was flying to South Carolina to the main shop that's machining his engine blocks so I knew he'd be ringing my phone every couple of hours.
My forearms, back, shoulders... All hurtin.

I think I'll try to piece together the video of my runs tonight. I glanced at them when I got home on my lunch break earlier but they honestly don't look very action packed. Looks like I could of really pushed the car a lot harder on the 2nd course to get some more speed out of it.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

The good thing was that it was clear skies all the way home vs rain all the way down on Friday. Also, this is why I always keep my phone up with google nav in use - even for driving around town...

http://cullmantoday.com/2017/10/29/inte ... -air-evac/

I'd have been stuck out there for at least an hour if I didn't actively check traffic and alternate routes every 20 mins or so, especially when approaching any populated areas. Instead I was able to exit before getting to the backup and roll on mostly empty US highways for 15 or so miles to avoid the entire thing. Fuck traffic. Hundreds of people all delayed because some moran in a :truk: can't drive.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Not going to deny, 99% of :truk: owners can't drive.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Melon wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:53 pm Not going to deny, 99% of :truk: owners can't drive.
My biggest concern with :jeep: is fitting into parking spaces and not being one of the assholes in two spaces that I always complain about.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:10 pm
Melon wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:53 pm Not going to deny, 99% of :truk: owners can't drive.
My biggest concern with :jeep: is fitting into parking spaces and not being one of the assholes in two spaces that I always complain about.
Are you concerned about length or girth?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i have lots of video but no sound at my computer. Ordered a cable to rectify this situation. I'll stitch it all together and edit something together this weekend.
brain go brrrrrr