OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:10 pm Gap store and the mall is closing. 50% + off. I hate spending money on clothes. No fan of Gap but pants is pants.

Last week I was looking for one of my hoodies and referred to it as my "new" hoodie cause it's my newest one........ Got it for Xmas 2011
All of my shorts are too big. And it’s abohr to be 120 all day every day. No way I’m wearing pants.

I went To the local mall. But I refuse to pay $70 for a single pair of shorts.

I may just order some off amazon. I know how you feel.
Barnes93cb

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:12 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:10 pm Gap store and the mall is closing. 50% + off. I hate spending money on clothes. No fan of Gap but pants is pants.

Last week I was looking for one of my hoodies and referred to it as my "new" hoodie cause it's my newest one........ Got it for Xmas 2011
I've been wearing Levi's 541, athletic slim fit jeans for a few years. I owned three pairs, but just ripped through the crotch of one of them the other week. Bought some Levi's 505 from Costco for $30 yesterday hoping the straight fit would be better than the slimmer fit of the 541, but they're still too tight even though I sized up the waist a bit. Need to return those, and then try to find some Levi's 550 on sale somewhere for a decent price. "Relaxed" thigh that tapers in below the knee so the ankles aren't super baggy around your shoes.
Swole problems.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:14 pm

All of my shorts are too big. And it’s abohr to be 120 all day every day. No way I’m wearing pants.

I'm looking at Amazon for those 550s. They have them for $40 which isn't terrible. I just hate ordering Levi's online becasue their QC is garbage and I don't want to deal with having to return them if they're cut or sewn weird.
SAWCE

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:15 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:12 pm

I've been wearing Levi's 541, athletic slim fit jeans for a few years. I owned three pairs, but just ripped through the crotch of one of them the other week. Bought some Levi's 505 from Costco for $30 yesterday hoping the straight fit would be better than the slimmer fit of the 541, but they're still too tight even though I sized up the waist a bit. Need to return those, and then try to find some Levi's 550 on sale somewhere for a decent price. "Relaxed" thigh that tapers in below the knee so the ankles aren't super baggy around your shoes.
Swole problems.
It's crazy cause I still have relatively small legs compared to my upper body. I don't know how actual bodybuilders do it. Dat JNCO lyfe.
Barnes93cb

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:16 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:14 pm

I'm looking at Amazon for those 550s. They have them for $40 which isn't terrible. I just hate ordering Levi's online becasue their QC is garbage and I don't want to deal with having to return them if they're cut or sewn weird.
I’m deployed and not trying to impress anyone. Plus I’d like to lose more weight and get down another size. So buying no name shorts seems like a solid cost saver right now.
SAWCE

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:17 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:16 pm

I’m deployed and not trying to impress anyone. Plus I’d like to lose more weight and get down another size. So buying no name shorts seems like a solid cost saver right now.
Yeah I don't like spending money on pants. I tried getting into the expensive designer jeans thing when I was younger and skinnier and could pull off the ultra slim look.. never again. So many other things I'd rather spend my cash on.
Barnes93cb

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:19 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:17 pm

Yeah I don't like spending money on pants. I tried getting into the expensive designer jeans thing when I was younger and skinnier and could pull off the ultra slim look.. never again. So many other things I'd rather spend my cash on.
The fanciest jeans ive ever owned. We’re a very plain pair of buffalo jeans from buckle. That I actually got at Marshall’s.

Otherwise I’ve owned two pairs of guess and two pairs of nautica jeans. The nautical ones were when I wrestled. I’ll never have a 28 inch waist again.
SAWCE

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:22 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:19 pm

The fanciest jeans ive ever owned. We’re a very plain pair of buffalo jeans from buckle. That I actually got at Marshall’s.

Otherwise I’ve owned two pairs of guess and two pairs of nautica jeans. The nautical ones were when I wrestled. I’ll never have a 28 inch waist again.
Yeah Levi's work just fine for me. Nothing special about them, but they're priced decently, and hold up for a few years at a time.

Costco did have some Lucky brand jeans, which my BIL recommended that I try out since his legs are bigger than mine and they fit him well, but I couldn't find the size I wanted. I'll try them there one day since they're also only $30, and felt like they'd be super soft and comfy.

Also, I'd love to have a 28" waist. I buy a 32" if I'm fitting pants to my waist, but usually have to go up to 34" to get the thighs roomy enough.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

wap wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:37 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:21 pm Got invited out tomorrow with some work Bros. Going to have cocktails and watch the games. I haven't had a drink since November 19th I think and I don't want to have one now. Longest I've gone without a drink since I was 13. They don't know any of this and I didnt tell them.

Need to make some new friends up here but also don't want to be wet blanket. But I literally don't know how to behave in these situations without drinking because I've never been sober.

Sure as shit don't want to have a fucking discussion with them about it.

I feel like Im going to need to explain why I'm having a deit coke.

Maybe I'll just say I'm on antibiotics for a wicked case of herpies and can't drink. That should shut down any follow up questions.
You don't owe anyone an explanation. If they try to pressure you fuck them.
Don't drink man. We've seen you drunk and it wasn't pretty. Please don't drink tomorrow. :like:
Didn't drink. No one cared. Felt good.

It was kinda tough not having just one cold one on a Friday after work with Co workers. But I guess therein lies the problem.... If I could have just one, I wouldn't be in this position
Barnes93cb

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:25 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:22 pm

Yeah Levi's work just fine for me. Nothing special about them, but they're priced decently, and hold up for a few years at a time.

Costco did have some Lucky brand jeans, which my BIL recommended that I try out since his legs are bigger than mine and they fit him well, but I couldn't find the size I wanted. I'll try them there one day since they're also only $30, and felt like they'd be super soft and comfy.

Also, I'd love to have a 28" waist. I buy a 32" if I'm fitting pants to my waist, but usually have to go up to 34" to get the thighs roomy enough.
Wrangler has also really stepped their game up recently. I got a pair that look almost identical to my American eagle jeans.

I’d love to hit 34 in the next few months with an eventual happiness at 32-34. I allowed myself to balloon to a snug 38. Im at 36 now.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I just wear a bunch of old navy shit
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:08 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Isn’t there a point in which too much available credit is a bad thing?
6?

Nordstrom store card that I opened when I bought a suit cause I got free tailoring and some decent cash back.
BR store card.
Chase Southwest.
Discover It.
Target store card that I use for the 5% off whenever I shop there, plus free shipping from their site.
Aviator Mastercard.
CapitalOne Visa.

7. Maybe more than I should have, and I know store cards don't look great on your report, but I don't think it's too excessive. Aviator, CapitalOne, and Discover all have annual fees, so I'm planning on closing them all next month before they hit.
Cap One has many cards with no annual fee. Maybe just switch to one of those?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Don't drink man. We've seen you drunk and it wasn't pretty. Please don't drink tomorrow. :like:

It was kinda tough not having just one cold one on a Friday after work with Co workers. But I guess therein lies the problem.... If I could have just one, I wouldn't be in this position
Good job man. Way to stay strong.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

:koolaid: :bravo:
brain go brrrrrr
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Good job man. Way to stay strong.
I read an interesting quote this morning that went something along the lines of:

Doing nothing is usually harder than doing something hard.

Gotta take a lot of willpower to turn down drinks in that situation for you, so glad you were able to do it.
Barnes93cb

Came in late to this situation. But congrats on making that decision and sticking with it. Sobriety isn’t easy. And you just made it through a super tough situation.
wap

:bravo: Good on you for knowing your limits.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:32 pm

:bravo: Good on you for knowing your limits.
:dat: 5/7.

I've been trying to force myself into the just one club lately. It's hard, but important to keep things in check IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

KYGTIGuy wrote:
wap wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:37 pm You don't owe anyone an explanation. If they try to pressure you fuck them.

Nice work keeping that discipline.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Wow. Thanks everyone.
SAWCE

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:01 pm Wow. Thanks everyone.
:wub:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:05 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:01 pm Wow. Thanks everyone.
:wub:
:dat:

We're glad sober you is back!
Jaxper
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: MK7 GTI

SAWCE wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:35 pm
Jaxper wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:15 pm :hai:

I'm back from Hobbit land and already dying of frustration at work. What'd I miss?
You missed giving me feedback on that workout program.
Haven't done it yet, brah.
The panda hath arrived.