OT 13: Unholy Guacamole

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:19 am I have absolutely zero motivation to do anything today. None whatsoever.
That's where I'm at today too. I did some good work this week and I'm pretty much all finished with everything. I have one more BOM that I can start costing for our customer, but it's ugly with old obsolete parts and my motivation to find current replacement parts is low. I'll pick through it and cost out the easy stuff, then Monday I'll tackle the problem parts.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:29 am
wap wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:05 am

:millennial:
:aintcare:
:zing:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

wap wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:10 am
razr390 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:37 am Just came to the realization that it’s great to be ambitious but it’s also great to enjoy what you have and accomplish shit at your own pace. Fuck the Jones’s
It's never too late to acquire this wisdom.
:dat:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Also, I have gas
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 pm

The only race I have is with myself.

I'm never content to settle or coast... sometimes I wish I could.
Oh I experience that from time to time but now I realize that perspective is super important. I’m in a good place for my circumstances and I’m progressing forward, that’s all that matters to me.
SAWCE

Sleepy today.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:35 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:19 am I have absolutely zero motivation to do anything today. None whatsoever.
That's where I'm at today too. I did some good work this week and I'm pretty much all finished with everything. I have one more BOM that I can start costing for our customer, but it's ugly with old obsolete parts and my motivation to find current replacement parts is low. I'll pick through it and cost out the easy stuff, then Monday I'll tackle the problem parts.
I spent 3 weeks going over work scope for upcoming maintenance events at the plant. We scrutinized every single piece of equipment and ultimately reduced the work scope to just the bare bones of what needs to be done. Handed it over to the team managing the work. They got in a room with the operations department, the people in charge of running the plant, and they put damn near every single piece of equipment back into the scope saying it needs to be done without actually giving any justification for it.

I fucking give up. Complete horseshit. This place is run by retards.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:21 pmSleepy today.
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:26 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:21 pmSleepy today.
Wanna come nap with me?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I spent 3 weeks going over work scope for upcoming maintenance events at the plant. We scrutinized every single piece of equipment and ultimately reduced the work scope to just the bare bones of what needs to be done. Handed it over to the team managing the work. They got in a room with the operations department, the people in charge of running the plant, and they put damn near every single piece of equipment back into the scope saying it needs to be done without actually giving any justification for it.

:thisisfine:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

KYGTIGuy wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:46 am He said order a couple of extra boxes. I wouldnt refinish them
Those are the best looking hand scraped I've seen. Wide planks and that finish look great.
Thanks! The manufacturer added that stain for the first time ever because of our request. They are flexible about custom requests for stains but they have permanently added this spec to their lineup! My wife's suggestion.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:50 pm Ive been back to work since Monday and it started with me training for the first three. I am not a fan, it is hard work to do a good job at it. I don't usually follow curriculums, prefer to taylor it to the needs and skill levels of the students. Thankfully thats done, and today was a 12hr doozy. Thankfully I'm taking tomorrow off to recoupe but will need to work Saturday.
I'm not a fan of training, either. Over the years I've been volunteered to train new employees on our computer system because I've been told I have the patience and temperament for it. :yeahok: It's as much that as nobody else wants to bother doing it. :rolleyes:

:thanksobama:
nuggstein
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2012 GTI

razr390 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 am
nuggstein wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:41 am

Just need to add some Nitrous Oxide.

That looks like it's from Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

That game was my favorite.
NFS Underground 2 was the best.
:crang:
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 am
nuggstein wrote:
Awesome! Damn, didn't realize it was that expensive!
Hey buddy, no problem. Its the email service that starts to cost but in my case it is corporate so I write it off, $50/yr is reasonable for all of that. When I get a chance, i will start building a website too.

Sent my first communication to a possible customer. Acting quickly and professionally was worth the cost.
If you need help with web development, I used to be a freelancer back in college. Haven't coded in a while, though.
:crang:
SAWCE

I have a pimple or ingrown hair coming in on my ass. Hurts real bad. It's just outside of where I sit, but if I shift my weight to the right side I can put some pressure on it and feel it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

nuggstein wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 am Hey buddy, no problem. Its the email service that starts to cost but in my case it is corporate so I write it off, $50/yr is reasonable for all of that. When I get a chance, i will start building a website too.

Sent my first communication to a possible customer. Acting quickly and professionally was worth the cost.
If you need help with web development, I used to be a freelancer back in college. Haven't coded in a while, though.
Ah wicked! Thank you :)
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Wanna come nap with me?
Only if I can be little spoon :gaydance:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:42 pm

:thisisfine:
I told my boss this was going to happen and we were wasting our time until we had a list of things the operation team absolutely needed done for this event. He said that it's not our problem and it'll come to surface eventually at a higher level in the company.

:yeahok: :csb: :thisisfine:
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:04 pm

The only race I have is with myself.

I'm never content to settle or coast... sometimes I wish I could.
And thus the waxing of calipers and washing behind tail light lenses.
:hue:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:21 pmSleepy this month.
wap

PM :doe: ?
wap

Tarspin wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:53 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote:
Those are the best looking hand scraped I've seen. Wide planks and that finish look great.
Thanks! The manufacturer added that stain for the first time ever because of our request. They are flexible about custom requests for stains but they have permanently added this spec to their lineup! My wife's suggestion.
It looks great!

Did they give it a name to commemorate you, something like Surf Brown, perhaps?
wap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:01 pm I have a pimple or ingrown hair coming in on my ass. Hurts real bad. It's just outside of where I sit, but if I shift my weight to the right side I can put some pressure on it and feel it.
Pics
SAWCE

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:07 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Wanna come nap with me?
Only if I can be little spoon :gaydance:
I'm okay with that.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:01 pm I have a pimple or ingrown hair coming in on my ass. Hurts real bad. It's just outside of where I sit, but if I shift my weight to the right side I can put some pressure on it and feel it.
Pics
I'll send a snap if you really want it.