Tinder: Swipe. Match. Be awkward.

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Signed up. This could be fantastically entertaining, a thread that dies quickly, or I could wake up in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney. Who knows. My expectations are low, as is my give a fuck, but those in combination usually lead to interesting stories.

As far as my profile, I'm violating the "rules" in that of my 6 pics, 4 have me wearing sunglasses. :aintcare: for now, its what I have because I have to wear fucking glasses to see and it is always sunny in Austin. I'm also trying to favor recent photos esp. since I've changed the hair and glasses recently. I did write a short profile, we'll see how it goes. It includes height and weight since apparently Tinder ladies like those things and my Snapchat handle for anyone that wants to instantly stalk me. I don't use SC much so I don't really care. All comm will be done via a Google Voice number because I don't even give a lot of coworkers my real phone number.

After a few days of swiping, I have developed some personal rules that get an automatic swipe left:
* blurry main photo (you're lazy)
* top 2-3 photos are group photos and I can't tell which person you are; I might go to the 4th if everyone in the photo is a pretty lady
* all photos are indoor selfies (do you go outside? interact with people?)
* all photos are shoulders up only (suspect)
* over the shoulder ass shots in the mirror (what can I say, I like 'em a little classy)
* heavy makeup, even well done, as it's just not my taste
* no written profile at all (lazy)
* kids, indicated in profile or based on photos (nope nope nope nope)
* "dog momma" (WTF Is this shit GTFO)

I haven't found anything that gets an automatic swipe right. Super likes? Oh hell no. I'm also not paying for this. A buddy of mine sent me an invite for The League, but there's a waiting list and you have to "check in" every day to move up. Yeah, fuck off with that.

Anyway, if any of y'all have any content to contribute, please do. Tips and tricks. Laughter. Bring it.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:popcorn:
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:scoot:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

stripethree wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 amAfter a few days of swiping, I have developed some personal rules that get an automatic swipe left:
You'd make a terrible Subaru owner.
Johnny_P

Stripes....

get a puppy
walk puppy
get phone numbers because girls love puppies
bang hot chicks

No but really my only advice is don't be overly picky. Don't pay too much attention to the profiles or even the pictures. Try and meet people in person, that'll tell you 500x more than some stupid questionnaire will. After 1-2 messages back and forth y'all should meet in person.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:12 pm get a puppy
:gtfo:

Hard pass. I want nothing to do with animals in my house for a long time.
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:12 pm Try and meet people in person, that'll tell you 500x more than some stupid questionnaire will. After 1-2 messages back and forth y'all should meet in person.
Yup, 5/7 advice; I've heard this from a few. Have already gone this route with match #1. Trying to fit in coffee or a beer in between visitors this weekend and family coming for turkey.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Meeting people is weird with everyone being closet introverts and being stuck with their social media. A lot of people I know rarely go out (they're mostly my age and pushing 40 and have kids... so that's likely most of it). In my early 20's when the internet was growing and new, it was so damn easy to hit up chicks and holla at em. They didn't have their guards up because guys weren't sending random dick pics yet.

I'd say just get out and casually meet people through it. Don't pursue anything, just enjoy the company and if things don't flow, no biggie. I went on a date with one chick who totally didn't get my humor (She was sick and I said if I was a cat I'd bring her a dead bird to make her feel better), and she lost her mind at that because she didn't understand what it meant. She was Belgian, came here to teach French, so there was likely a language issue.
Anywho, I just took it in stride and stopped messaging her, but she went psycho and wouldn't drop it. These people exist.
When I was dating around right about when I met my wife, I was talking to a few girls. One was persistent and kept asking to add me on Facebook and shit. I was weary, and stopped telling people my last name until we actually met. One chick cried at dinner because I told her I didn't really talk to my dad. I'm like... Wtf? Why does that matter to you? Same chick actually had a fucking rape whistle on her purse. A FUCKING RAPE WHISTLE.
That's not even the worst part.

Worst part was that I noticed it, and asked...."is that a rape whistle"
"Lol yeah.... Sorry, you never know what kinda people you're gonna meet"
"Does it work?"

*FACEPALM*
I didn't even think about it. It just came out. After that I laughed my ass off at the sheer ignorance of my statement.
Johnny_P

stripethree wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:12 pm Try and meet people in person, that'll tell you 500x more than some stupid questionnaire will. After 1-2 messages back and forth y'all should meet in person.
Yup, 5/7 advice; I've heard this from a few. Have already gone this route with match #1. Trying to fit in coffee or a beer in between visitors this weekend and family coming for turkey.
Yeah my issue with online dating was I'd :crang: and want to chat back and forth on the messenger thingy too much. Which is problematic because most people don't want to check that. It's better to just ask for the number quickly and text or call (you usually get bonus points for actually calling vs texting like a :millennial: ) and meet in person so you can gauge if it's worth pursuing or not.
Johnny_P

Acid666 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 pm Meeting people is weird with everyone being closet introverts and being stuck with their social media. A lot of people I know rarely go out (they're mostly my age and pushing 40 and have kids... so that's likely most of it). In my early 20's when the internet was growing and new, it was so damn easy to hit up chicks and holla at em. They didn't have their guards up because guys weren't sending random dick pics yet.

I'd say just get out and casually meet people through it. Don't pursue anything, just enjoy the company and if things don't flow, no biggie. I went on a date with one chick who totally didn't get my humor (She was sick and I said if I was a cat I'd bring her a dead bird to make her feel better), and she lost her mind at that because she didn't understand what it meant. She was Belgian, came here to teach French, so there was likely a language issue.
Anywho, I just took it in stride and stopped messaging her, but she went psycho and wouldn't drop it. These people exist.
When I was dating around right about when I met my wife, I was talking to a few girls. One was persistent and kept asking to add me on Facebook and shit. I was weary, and stopped telling people my last name until we actually met. One chick cried at dinner because I told her I didn't really talk to my dad. I'm like... Wtf? Why does that matter to you? Same chick actually had a fucking rape whistle on her purse. A FUCKING RAPE WHISTLE.
That's not even the worst part.

Worst part was that I noticed it, and asked...."is that a rape whistle"
"Lol yeah.... Sorry, you never know what kinda people you're gonna meet"
"Does it work?"

*FACEPALM*
I didn't even think about it. It just came out. After that I laughed my ass off at the sheer ignorance of my statement.
Dude

:lolgasm:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Bring her. Let’s fucking do this.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

PM Sawce, Tindermaster General for ProTips.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

a lot of people i know met each other online. like [user not found]. i remember our first date.
:crang:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, good thread, has the potential to eclipse Sno's wedding planner thread for introspection into the true shitshow that is the human race. Good luck commodore.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Going out on my second "date" tonight so I guess I did something right or she's just a meal chaser. :iono:

I had one girl tell me how she had an ant problem in her house then proceeded to tell me how they got into a bag of her favorite popcorn. She then put that popcorn bag inside another bag to kill the ants. Best part was she said she ate the popcorn after all the ants were dead. Good stuff. Amirite?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Acid666

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:24 pm Going out on my second "date" tonight so I guess I did something right or she's just a meal chaser. :iono:

I had one girl tell me how she had an ant problem in her house then proceeded to tell me how they got into a bag of her favorite popcorn. She then put that popcorn bag inside another bag to kill the ants. Best part was she said she ate the popcorn after all the ants were dead. Good stuff. Amirite?

LOLOL she's a mutant and is immune to toxins!
SHE'S A KEEPER!
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Tinder was fun for me. Easy hook ups, met some cool girls I’m still friends with.

Bumble is similar, but had a different crowd. Girls on there seemed more like they were looking for something serious.

I used them both concurrently to fill both needs.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Acid666 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:24 pm Going out on my second "date" tonight so I guess I did something right or she's just a meal chaser. :iono:

SHE'S A KEEPER!
Why didn't I think of this at the time? DAMN IT!! Should've texted her after.

SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:32 pm PM Sawce, Tindermaster General for ProTips.
:hai:
SAWCE

stripethree wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 am Signed up. This could be fantastically entertaining, a thread that dies quickly, or I could wake up in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney. Who knows. My expectations are low, as is my give a fuck, but those in combination usually lead to interesting stories.

As far as my profile, I'm violating the "rules" in that of my 6 pics, 4 have me wearing sunglasses. :aintcare: for now, its what I have because I have to wear fucking glasses to see and it is always sunny in Austin. I'm also trying to favor recent photos esp. since I've changed the hair and glasses recently. I did write a short profile, we'll see how it goes. It includes height and weight since apparently Tinder ladies like those things and my Snapchat handle for anyone that wants to instantly stalk me. I don't use SC much so I don't really care. All comm will be done via a Google Voice number because I don't even give a lot of coworkers my real phone number.

After a few days of swiping, I have developed some personal rules that get an automatic swipe left:
* blurry main photo (you're lazy)
* top 2-3 photos are group photos and I can't tell which person you are; I might go to the 4th if everyone in the photo is a pretty lady
* all photos are indoor selfies (do you go outside? interact with people?)
* all photos are shoulders up only (suspect)
* over the shoulder ass shots in the mirror (what can I say, I like 'em a little classy)
* heavy makeup, even well done, as it's just not my taste
* no written profile at all (lazy)
* kids, indicated in profile or based on photos (nope nope nope nope)

I haven't found anything that gets an automatic swipe right. Super likes? Oh hell no. I'm also not paying for this. A buddy of mine sent me an invite for The League, but there's a waiting list and you have to "check in" every day to move up. Yeah, fuck off with that.

Anyway, if any of y'all have any content to contribute, please do. Tips and tricks. Laughter. Bring it.
Good rules are good.

One of mine was no profile pictures with horses. Horse people are weird.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Tinder is a great way to pick up trannies, poppers, or cocaine. Bars? Again no. Just no. The old fashioned way works the best.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Sno wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:39 pm

Bring her. Let’s fucking do this.
talk about trial by fire
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

appropriate gif is appropriate
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:45 pm
Acid666 wrote:
SHE'S A KEEPER!
Why didn't I think of this at the time? DAMN IT!! Should've texted her after.

Because you don't have a rapist's whit.