The Sno Show - Tales of Wedding Fuckery

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Sno wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:05 pm Not much to report from last night other than some God awful decor. Teal and burlap, good old Indiana chic. The bride did have hair big enough to win a Texas beauty pageant but she was sweet.

We did have one guest couple arrive at about 7:45. The guest count last night was a little over 100. I remember seeing a couple walking from the parking lot toward the venue and thinking to myself "huh, they look new..." You usually get a good scan of the crowd by the time you get to dinner service and recognize someone you hadn't seen at the ceremony or before hand.

I walked back inside only for the guy from the couple to approach myself and the catering team, who was working to break down the buffet. The following exchange happened:

Guy: "how can we get some food?"
Myself: "oh, I'm really sorry. Dinner service was at 6:00 pm. The catering team is breaking down."
Guy: "there isn't anything left?"
Myself: "nothing is available, I apologize."
Guy: "no it's our fault we were so late."

Right, there ceremony was at 4:30. You are over three hours late. Good talk.

About twenty minutes later, the guy has escalated the situation. He has gone to the mother of the bride and informed her we are not allowing him to eat.

So here are a few things to note:
The catering team was actually gone, off the property at this point.
The food service was a barbecue buffet line including things like pork and cole slaw.
The venue did not have an onsite kitchen. Meaning by 7:45, this food had been off of a proper health code heating element for at least two hours after leaving the catering facilities and being transported via heating boxes.
Some catering teams will allow you to take leftovers if there is a refrigerator on site that it can be placed until it leaves the property. Even this is as risk, if the food is not properly stored and some one say, leaves it in their car overnight, then goes to eat it the next morning and dies, its on the caterer.

I noticed the Bride's mother circling in one of my team members with the late guest in conversation and approach to handle. Bride's Mom says "he wasn't' allowed to eat?!" I then explain that due to HIS timing, health code would prevent us from serving anything. And that the caterer was already off the property. Go through the food borne illness issue, etc. Apologize to both her and him, once again, and offer to send one of my team members into town to pick up food for him and his partner.

He refuses and says (in front of the mother.) "no, it's fine. I just feel bad for her [the mother] for paying for all of that food that was wasted."

:bruh: :rage:

Thanks for taking it to that level, dick bag. Had to talk Mom down off the ledge of "this is typical policy. Please let me know what I can do. Happy to go pick up food, blah blah blah."

Then we watched the problem guest get hammered off of vodka cranberries as fast as possible and audibly talk shit to everyone he could find about how he wasn't allowed to eat the rest of the night. Fuck. Off.
:nope:

Wouldn't want to do your job. :drunk: :jackass:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Apex wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:01 am I'll have to check out knotstandard for future suit additions/fancier suits.
I can second that:
a) Zilch looked uber :jizz: :drool: in the suit
b) I went to the Austin location and first step in experience was 5/7. Suit under construction I should have a fitting in another 2-3 weeks

:doti:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Sno wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:05 pm He refuses and says (in front of the mother.) "no, it's fine. I just feel bad for her [the mother] for paying for all of that food that was wasted."

Thanks for taking it to that level, dick bag. Had to talk Mom down off the ledge of "this is typical policy. Please let me know what I can do. Happy to go pick up food, blah blah blah."

Then we watched the problem guest get hammered off of vodka cranberries as fast as possible and audibly talk shit to everyone he could find about how he wasn't allowed to eat the rest of the night. Fuck. Off.
:fullretard: super douchebro move, maybe just salty from the UTI he's trying to get rid of...
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

stripethree wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:52 pm
Sno wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:05 pm He refuses and says (in front of the mother.) "no, it's fine. I just feel bad for her [the mother] for paying for all of that food that was wasted."

:fullretard: super douchebro move, maybe just salty from the UTI he's trying to get rid of...
It was the same catering team that handled our wedding. Like, truly, we would have fed him had we could have.

Fairly certain I walked back to my team and said "this Mother fucker...."
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I mean, was there at least some water available?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I can travel, and am willing to shit on some one's desk.

I'll even do it three hours late, as your guest prefers.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

stripethree wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:02 pm I mean, was there at least some water available?
I actually had to send the bar to go get some. I need to have a come to Jesus conversation with him over that shit.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

SixSpeeder wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:15 pm
Sno wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:05 pm Not much to report from last night other than some God awful decor. Teal and burlap, good old Indiana chic. The bride did have hair big enough to win a Texas beauty pageant but she was sweet.

We did have one guest couple arrive at about 7:45. The guest count last night was a little over 100. I remember seeing a couple walking from the parking lot toward the venue and thinking to myself "huh, they look new..." You usually get a good scan of the crowd by the time you get to dinner service and recognize someone you hadn't seen at the ceremony or before hand.

I walked back inside only for the guy from the couple to approach myself and the catering team, who was working to break down the buffet. The following exchange happened:

Guy: "how can we get some food?"
Myself: "oh, I'm really sorry. Dinner service was at 6:00 pm. The catering team is breaking down."
Guy: "there isn't anything left?"
Myself: "nothing is available, I apologize."
Guy: "no it's our fault we were so late."

Right, there ceremony was at 4:30. You are over three hours late. Good talk.

About twenty minutes later, the guy has escalated the situation. He has gone to the mother of the bride and informed her we are not allowing him to eat.

So here are a few things to note:
The catering team was actually gone, off the property at this point.
The food service was a barbecue buffet line including things like pork and cole slaw.
The venue did not have an onsite kitchen. Meaning by 7:45, this food had been off of a proper health code heating element for at least two hours after leaving the catering facilities and being transported via heating boxes.
Some catering teams will allow you to take leftovers if there is a refrigerator on site that it can be placed until it leaves the property. Even this is as risk, if the food is not properly stored and some one say, leaves it in their car overnight, then goes to eat it the next morning and dies, its on the caterer.

I noticed the Bride's mother circling in one of my team members with the late guest in conversation and approach to handle. Bride's Mom says "he wasn't' allowed to eat?!" I then explain that due to HIS timing, health code would prevent us from serving anything. And that the caterer was already off the property. Go through the food borne illness issue, etc. Apologize to both her and him, once again, and offer to send one of my team members into town to pick up food for him and his partner.

He refuses and says (in front of the mother.) "no, it's fine. I just feel bad for her [the mother] for paying for all of that food that was wasted."

:dat:
Fuuuuck that assbag and everyone like him. Did his date/SO not have anything to say?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Melon wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:23 pm I can travel, and am willing to shit on some one's desk.

I'll even do it three hours late, as your guest prefers.
:lolol: :fuckyeah: :melon: :doit:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

wap wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:55 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Fuuuuck that assbag and everyone like him. Did his date/SO not have anything to say?
I didn't ever speak with her. I don't know if she was the driving force between "no, it's our fault for being late" and telling the mother of the bride they weren't being allowed to eat.

According to the bride, she was the actual invited guest and he was the plus one. She was a high school friend of the bride. Which makes the guy even more of jackbag.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Sno wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:05 pm Then we watched the problem guest get hammered off of vodka cranberries as fast as possible and audibly talk shit to everyone he could find about how he wasn't allowed to eat the rest of the night. Fuck. Off.
fucking :millennial: 's
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:38 pm Haha figures... dat hot vs crazy spectrum.
It works every time.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, best non-car thread in a long time. All of the crazy, none of the responsibility. Like Ray Ray's purchase thread.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:46 pm Also, best non-car thread in a long time. All of the crazy, none of the responsibility. Like Ray Ray's purchase thread.
it needs updates. oh it needs them so bad.
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:13 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:46 pm Also, best non-car thread in a long time. All of the crazy, none of the responsibility. Like Ray Ray's purchase thread.
In4 V-10 Diesel Touraeg that does not run for $3K.
wap

Sno wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:27 am
wap wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:55 pm

I didn't ever speak with her. I don't know if she was the driving force between "no, it's our fault for being late" and telling the mother of the bride they weren't being allowed to eat.

According to the bride, she was the actual invited guest and he was the plus one. She was a high school friend of the bride. Which makes the guy even more of jackbag.
What a :jackass:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:13 pm
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Hey, you guys. We're on a llama farm this weekend.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Sno wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:15 pm Hey, you guys. We're on a llama farm this weekend.
SixSpeeder
Drives: Fiat

Sno wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:15 pm Hey, you guys. We're on a llama farm this weekend.
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Apex wrote:
Has anyone actually watched that movie?

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Calvinball wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:17 pm
Apex wrote:

It was okay, but nothing special. I'm not a huge comic fan, so I didn't know the Suicide Squad was a thing until the movie was coming out. Story felt rushed, and most characters were meh. Just a money grab banking on the popularity of comic book movies IMO.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:24 pm
Calvinball wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:17 pm

It was okay, but nothing special. I'm not a huge comic fan, so I didn't know the Suicide Squad was a thing until the movie was coming out. Story felt rushed, and most characters were meh. Just a money grab banking on the popularity of comic book movies IMO.

Plus, Joker was meh at best IMO.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:24 pm

Plus, Joker was meh at best IMO.
Apparently there was enough footage of the Joker to make a WHOLE Joker movie, but they edited it down to basically minimize him.
wap

:popcorn: