The Sno Show - Tales of Wedding Fuckery

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:24 pm

It was okay, but nothing special. I'm not a huge comic fan, so I didn't know the Suicide Squad was a thing until the movie was coming out. Story felt rushed, and most characters were meh. Just a money grab banking on the popularity of comic book movies IMO.
:dat:

Plus, Joker was meh at best IMO.
Heath Ledger would have been so much better in that movie.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Acid666 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:20 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Plus, Joker was meh at best IMO.
Apparently there was enough footage of the Joker to make a WHOLE Joker movie, but they edited it down to basically minimize him.
Not surprising.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:21 pm
Melon wrote:I can travel, and am willing to shit on some one's desk.

I'll even do it three hours late, as your guest prefers.
I got airline points set aside just for situations like this.
Turds without borders.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Melon wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:21 pm I got airline points set aside just for situations like this.
Turds without borders.
Deferred Action Caca by Air.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
wap

Melon wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:10 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:21 pm I got airline points set aside just for situations like this.
Turds without borders.
:lolol:
wap

Calvinball wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:24 am
Melon wrote:
Turds without borders.

:notbad:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Calvinball wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:24 am
Melon wrote:
Turds without borders.

DACA? :lol:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Calvinball wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:17 pm
Apex wrote:
Has anyone actually watched that movie?

Yup. Enjoyed it a lot. Wife has watched it a few times now too
wap

dubshow wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:12 pm

We both liked it, too. Just saw it once, :doe:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

it was good if you kept expectations reasonable. It was no Christopher Nolan batman movie, but it was good.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:33 pm

it was good if you kept expectations reasonable. It was no Christopher Nolan batman movie, but it was good.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Sno wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:15 pm Hey, you guys. We're on a llama farm this weekend.
Did you give thanks?

wap

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:47 am

I'd watch it solely for Margot Robbie. :boner:
:dat: :jimp:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I've been meaning to watch it, I heard it was shitty.
You all are saying it's decent.

So, it must be REALLY shitty. :troll:
wap

Melon wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:54 am I've been meaning to watch it, I heard it was shitty.
You all are saying it's decent.

So, it must be REALLY shitty. :troll:
It's definitely not GREAT, but it's got Margo Robbie and it's kinda fun.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Quit fucking up Sno's thread. What of the real llamas? What of guests showing up late, special ordering gluten free food, then getting fucked up on cheap vodka fueled punch and riding the llamas?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:14 pm
wap wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Margo Robbie
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:03 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:57 pm Quit fucking up Sno's thread. What of the real llamas? What of guests showing up late, special ordering gluten free food, then getting fucked up on cheap vodka fueled punch and riding the llamas?
:impressive:

in4deets
:popcorn:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

We got our asses kicked yesterday. I'm so fucking tired and sore. Outdoor ceremony with a reception in a barn too small for the headcount. Which I tried to tell her a year ago but took my catering partner with me to the original meeting and he told her she would be fine. Even though I backed up the :fax: with occupancy load concerns based on square footage. But he told her it was totally possible so she chose to believe him. Then he scheduled a catering manager for the actual event and left me holding the bag.

We got absolutely poured on. I had been expecting rain all day and our ceremony was at 6:00. The first wave of the storm arrived right on cue at 6:00 pm the dot. It had been messing with my emotions all day, the skies looked clear up until 5:55. I had a mix of rented chabby chic furniture making up the seating for the ceremony that I needed dry no matter what for guests to sit in. (7) 12' long church pews along with 100 mismatched chairs, some with upholstered seats. We played a back and forth game of call it/don't call it from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. I asked the bride to wait it out for 15 minutes if she still wanted to get married outside. Ended up stacking upholstered chairs only seat to seat, let the storm pass, waited it out and dried everything off after it passed. My bride was crazy flexible but I had to open the bar and pass a round of appetizers to keep guests from bitching :rolleyes: Heard multiple times while walking through guests that "they're running so late!! The ceremony should have been an hour ago!" The ceremony started at 6:07...

Managed to get another hour of clear skies allowing for an outdoor cocktail hour and give us time to move all the chairs into the reception space. (Note: Brides will save money by only renting enough chairs for one per person and use them at the ceremony then move them to tables at the reception. Unless you are getting married in front of all of your dining tables at your reception, you need two fucking chairs per guest. I actually updated my contracts this year to state we will no longer be moving hundreds of chairs in a cocktail hour.)

It opened up again at 9:00 pm again just in time for us to have finally dried out. We actually never changed into ceremony clothes yesterday. We usually set up in casual clothes with tennis shoes that are easy to move in then change into a wedding appropriate (albeit boring and easily blendable into the background) but due to the weather and having to run our asses off - and crazy amount of rain, we never changed after permission from the Bride. I haven't been that soaked in a long time. Insert joke at Zilch's expense here...

I didn't get many pictures of llamas as we were running like crazy but a few tidbits of fun:

thunderstorms + a reception space too small = angry guests that have no room to move because you can't count on extra breathing room outside. The catering staff could not even pass dessert.

we picked up 180 white castles at 9:30 pm. Drunken guests were thrilled, I guarantee my car still smells like ass.

The Bride's Dad surprised her by learning to play the drums in secret and played a few songs with the band. The video is the last song of the night when he hopped in one more time. She was blown away, one of the cooler moments I've seen in wedding planning. Horrible footage because we had no room to move around tables or get a good view of the dance floor because above-mentioned square footage issues.

And finally, baby llama picture.
Last edited by Sno on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Sno wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Outdoor wedding seem like such a bad idea.

We invented buildings and climate control systems for a reason. Bring that shit inside, and remove all possibility of weather interference.

5/7 for Llamas doe.
wap

Melon wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:55 am Outdoor wedding seem like such a bad idea.

We invented buildings and climate control systems for a reason. Bring that shit inside, and remove all possibility of weather interference.

5/7 for Llamas doe.
5/7 not worth the risk/hassle to have an outdoor event. :disgust:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:43 am
Sno wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aYTWv2rhDA
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:39 am We got our asses kicked yesterday. I'm so fucking tired and sore. Outdoor ceremony with a reception in a barn too small for the headcount. Which I tried to tell her a year ago but took my catering partner with me to the original meeting and he told her she would be fine. Even though I backed up the :fax: with occupancy load concerns based on square footage. But he told her it was totally possible so she chose to believe him. Then he scheduled a catering manager for the actual event and left me holding the bag.

We got absolutely poured on. I had been expecting rain all day and our ceremony was at 6:00. The first wave of the storm arrived right on cue at 6:00 pm the dot. It had been messing with my emotions all day, the skies looked clear up until 5:55. I had a mix of rented chabby chic furniture making up the seating for the ceremony that I needed dry no matter what for guests to sit in. (7) 12' long church pews along with 100 mismatched chairs, some with upholstered seats. We played a back and forth game of call it/don't call it from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. I asked the bride to wait it out for 15 minutes if she still wanted to get married outside. Ended up stacking upholstered chairs only seat to seat, let the storm pass, waited it out and dried everything off after it passed. My bride was crazy flexible but I had to open the bar and pass a round of appetizers to keep guests from bitching :rolleyes: Heard multiple times while walking through guests that "they're running so late!! The ceremony should have been an hour ago!" The ceremony started at 6:07...

Managed to get another hour of clear skies allowing for an outdoor cocktail hour and give us time to move all the chairs into the reception space. (Note: Brides will save money by only renting enough chairs for one per person and use them at the ceremony then move them to tables at the reception. Unless you are getting married in front of all of your dining tables at your reception, you need two fucking chairs per guest. I actually updated my contracts this year to state we will no longer be moving hundreds of chairs in a cocktail hour.)

It opened up again at 9:00 pm again just in time for us to have finally dried out. We actually never changed into ceremony clothes yesterday. We usually set up in casual clothes with tennis shoes that are easy to move in then change into a wedding appropriate (albeit boring and easily blendable into the background) but due to the weather and having to run our asses off - and crazy amount of rain, we never changed after permission from the Bride. I haven't been that soaked in a long time. Insert joke at Zilch's expense here...

I didn't get many pictures of llamas as we were running like crazy but a few tidbits of fun:

thunderstorms + a reception space too small = angry guests that have no room to move because you can't count on extra breathing room outside. The catering staff could not even pass dessert.

we picked up 180 white castles at 9:30 pm. Drunken guests were thrilled, I guarantee my car still smells like ass.

The Bride's Dad surprised her by learning to play the drums in secret and played a few songs with the band. The video is the last song of the night when he hopped in one more time. She was blown away, one of the cooler moments I've seen in wedding planning. Horrible footage because we had no room to move around tables or get a good view of the dance floor because above-mentioned square footage issues.

You can be my wingman any time.