Extreme weather thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

So this is coming from a small perspective from someone in california... but we've had incredibly weird shit going on in the last couple of years.

From 2012-2016, historic low rainfall where we almost got nothing and our reservoirs ran dry....

Winter 2016/17 it rained 2-3 years worth of rain in 3-5 months... and caused the whole Oroville madness...

This past week we saw record breaking heat... SF was at 104... a full 40 degrees above normal... and we've had the most choking smog i have ever witnessed in this area... yes, it wasn't as bad as Shanghai etc, but I am in an area that happens to get plenty of wind from the ocean that tends to carry that shit else where... We have some of the best air qualities of any larger cities in the nation.... and see pictures below for what it looks like nowadays.

We are still under strange weather conditions...

On top of that the triple hurricanes about to his the US. Harvey.... Irma ... and now Jose... :disgust:

This has got to be one of the worst 30 days in terms of weather for the US on record. Blasted from every angle

I wonder if we as humanity will ever realize that we need to fucking stop breeding, we're a cancer to this god damn planet.
I can mainly speak to my own area, but I know for a fact that urban development sprawls spiking temperatures due to UHI (Urban heat island), the materials we use for home/road construction don't dissipate heat instead they magnify it.

On top of that everyone is just holed up inside hiding behind an AC because 'Murica.

:disgust:

Same reservoir 6 months later... fucking overflowing

Here is the smog we've been getting lately.

This is oregon right now... :disgust:

LA right now tuna fire.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Max is really on point.

Meanwhile, we've had one of the coolest most :fuckyeah: summers in years. Minimal humidity. Temps rarely cresting 75, very little rain (which is good and bad), absolutely epic. But it's barely in the 60's in the beginning of September and leaves are already starting to change, which is crazy early. Winter could end up being horribad, but we'll see.

Things need to change, doe. The craziness in climate lately is quite concerning.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

this thread: :nope:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I have greatly enjoyed not having 100 degree days this summer. Highs mostly in the 80's all summer is :fuckyeah:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:54 pm this thread: :nope:
CLIMATE CHANGE, BRAD
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:56 pm I have greatly enjoyed not having 100 degree days this summer. Highs mostly in the 80's all summer is :fuckyeah:
Same. This has been one of the best winters I can remember.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

My buddy lives in San Fran and has complained about it lately. He's been there for a couple of years. Granted, he's coming from Louisiana and Austin Tx so SF coolness is a nice change of pace. The humidity is ridiculous down here and it only seems to be getting worse. As I kid I used to go to a lot of soccer camps and shit in the summer, and we drank a ton of water and shit, but man, I don't remember it being so god damn drenching hot as a kid and I was out in the elements all day.

I've got a friend who's big on Fox News and thinks all this climate crap is .... crap. I'm like, "dude, record breaking temps every month? You can't say that it's not real and that we aren't having an impact on the environment". His Trump style response is sure, but it's not as dramatic as the media makes it out to be.
I dunno what to tell ya. When you're seeing record heat waves, record storms, record droughts and rainfall.... You're in denial
Johnny_P

In general it's been a mild summer for Philly.
Last winter was :jalepenis: too.

Lots of things changing regarding the weather, but really, we don't know shit about this planet's weather patterns yet as we really don't have much quality historical data.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:05 pm In general it's been a mild summer for Philly.

Lots of things changing regarding the weather, but really, we don't know shit about this planet's weather patterns yet as we really don't have much quality historical data.
:dat:
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

Apparently no one has been able to contact Barbuda. https://t.co/QaTJySwhtO :(
:crang:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:05 pm In general it's been a mild summer for Philly.

:science:
nuggstein

Acid666 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:05 pm I've got a friend who's big on Fox News and thinks all this climate crap is .... crap. I'm like, "dude, record breaking temps every month? You can't say that it's not real and that we aren't having an impact on the environment". His Trump style response is sure, but it's not as dramatic as the media makes it out to be.
I dunno what to tell ya. When you're seeing record heat waves, record storms, record droughts and rainfall.... You're in denial
Hey, if the EPA is fizzled away, so will the climate.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:03 pm
CLIMATE CHANGE, BRAD
http://datforumdoe.com/forum/viewtopic. ... e&start=50
brain go brrrrrr
max225

We do and we don't.... you can look into a lot of different things to get LOOONG term historical trends. (ice samples, trees, soil samples) etc etc.

California had amazing redwoods, which got basically annihilated from 1850-1920... they were the lungs of the west coast and we destroyed 99% of them... that's right... 99% of redwoods got chopped off. And they don't grow back, just like the rainforest... once it is gone it is gone...

I mean I think humans are the cause of some of what is happening, in particular, the shit in our immediate neighborhoods. Ppl need to stop fucking breeding, that's the #1 issue. But no one is addressing it. It is more important to discuss gender inequality in the military or some other fucking bullshit.

Last edited by max225 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:12 pm

We do and we don't.... you can look into a lot of different things to get LOOONG term historical trends.

California had amazing redwoods, which got basically annihilated from 1830-1920... they were the lungs of the west coast and we destroyed 99% of them... that's right... 99% of redwoods got chopped off. And they don't grow back, just like the rainforest... once it is gone it is gone...

I mean I think humans are the cause of some of what is happening, in particular, the shit in our immediate neighborhoods. Ppl need to stop fucking breeding, that's the #1 issue. But no one is addressing it. It is more important to discuss gender inequality in the military or some other fucking bullshit.
Do you want the whole human race to end?
nuggstein

We do and we don't.... you can look into a lot of different things to get LOOONG term historical trends.

California had amazing redwoods, which got basically annihilated from 1830-1920... they were the lungs of the west coast and we destroyed 99% of them... that's right... 99% of redwoods got chopped off. And they don't grow back, just like the rainforest... once it is gone it is gone...

I think it's nature's way of saying "fuck you" for constantly destroying all of its beauty.

And I agree with you.
max225

nuggstein wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:09 pm
Acid666 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:05 pm I've got a friend who's big on Fox News and thinks all this climate crap is .... crap. I'm like, "dude, record breaking temps every month? You can't say that it's not real and that we aren't having an impact on the environment". His Trump style response is sure, but it's not as dramatic as the media makes it out to be.
EPA needs to castrate and sterilize ppl instead of chasing pygmy salmon up california rivers.
max225

Apex wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:14 pm

90% of it at the very fucking least yes. There is no fucking point in having 8 billion useless fucks, fucking the planet into oblivion.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Johnny_P

We do and we don't.... you can look into a lot of different things to get LOOONG term historical trends. (ice samples, trees, soil samples) etc etc.

California had amazing redwoods, which got basically annihilated from 1850-1920... they were the lungs of the west coast and we destroyed 99% of them... that's right... 99% of redwoods got chopped off. And they don't grow back, just like the rainforest... once it is gone it is gone...

They absolutely do grow back. But when the big trees are +500 years old... it takes some time for them to reach epic heights lol.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:17 pm
nuggstein wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:09 pm
EPA needs to castrate and sterilize ppl instead of chasing pygmy salmon up california rivers.
Wow, I agree with Max....

:nuke:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:19 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:14 pm

90% of it at the very fucking least yes. There is no fucking point in having 8 billion useless fucks, fucking the planet into oblivion.
The #1 goal of any species is to procreate
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Most of the summer days were pretty much 70-80 at best.

I might add this situation for Turkey as well, but it pretty much sums up the water drought SF has had.

For starters, they did not have any rain more than 2 days a year few years back, which was enough to cause a drought. Now they recently just had hail and flooding, it was crazy as hell, basically bursted all the rain out.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:27 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Humans should not be equated to a Virus, Virmin, or a Cockroach we're smartest creatures on earth.. we should act as such.
nuggstein

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:41 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Humans should not be equated to a Virus, Virmin, or a Cockroach we're smartest creatures on earth.. we should act as such.