Do you even Crock-Pot bro? DFD Cooking Thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Sno wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:30 pm
stripethree wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 am
I'll take the pan on the left please and thank you. :aintcare: if it maybe kills me because :drool:
Yeeeeah, dose might kill you. Maybe not as fast as the five eggs in the one on the right but you’d be risking it.
at first I was like death by :fatty:

then I realized it twas the eggz. :yikes:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Calvinball wrote:
Sno wrote:
Ziiiilch, let’s get down with some of this.
Do it and make it look prettier please :lolol:

Sent from the Beer Depository
We gave this a shot tonight, sir. And by we I mean Zilch. I just helped eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Sno wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Do it and make it look prettier please :lolol:

Looks great!

:therapist:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Sno wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:49 pm
Calvinball wrote:
Do it and make it look prettier please :lolol:

:jelly:

I made poverty chuck steaks because i wanted meat and nothing was defrosted. They were legit :notbad: no pics because :baby:
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:49 am
Sno wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:49 pm

I made poverty chuck steaks because i wanted meat and nothing was defrosted. They were legit :notbad: no pics because :baby:
I started eating Chuck eye steaks last summer because they were cheap and I was eating a ton of steak. If you dry them out a bit and season and cook them well you can't really tell much difference between them and a bottle rib eye

About half the price of a rib eye up here
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:35 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:49 am

I started eating Chuck eye steaks last summer because they were cheap and I was eating a ton of steak. If you dry them out a bit and season and cook them well you can't really tell much difference between them and a bottle rib eye

....I'll disagree with being able to tel the difference, BUT if you do like to season the shit out your steaks I could see it. Nothing beats a good thick ass ribeye

I did put alot of seasoning I normally dont on the chuck because i was less worried about running a cheap ass cut of meat. I also used about half a cup a ghee which had to help. I've also gotten good at cooking in my cast iron pan, so i got a nice hard sear on them and actually hit a good mid-mid rare on a thin steak.

was legit :notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:41 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:35 am

....I'll disagree with being able to tel the difference, BUT if you do like to season the shit out your steaks I could see it. Nothing beats a good thick ass ribeye

I did put alot of seasoning I normally dont on the chuck because i was less worried about running a cheap ass cut of meat. I also used about half a cup a ghee which had to help. I've also gotten good at cooking in my cast iron pan, so i got a nice hard sear on them and actually hit a good mid-mid rare on a thin steak.

I said you could still tell the difference but yeah.

It his the spot if you're craving a steak

I'm assuming you made that ghee or you probably lost up the cost savings right there. Fucking ghee is 10 bucks a jar up here for 8oz iirc
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:58 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:41 am

I'm assuming you made that ghee or you probably lost up the cost savings right there. Fucking ghee is 10 bucks a jar up here for 8oz iirc

Yea, ghee is retarded expensive to buy. I make it once every few months in 8lb batches from costco butter in the crockpot.

The wife is straight up allergic to milk proteins and I'm sensitive to them, so making ghee knocks out like 99.9% of them. It also tastes amazing as you know.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:25 pm Sunday baking with Sno:

Have a breakfast thing tomorrow so a sausage and herder quiche with a biscuit crust on the right. First time using this recipe and I’m so far pleased with it. Interested to cut into this biscuit crust...

And from scratch cinnarolls. Will get baked tomorrow and a cream cheese icing added.

I tried to make those cinnamon rolls in the crock pot. 0/7. You gave fake news. :ban:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:58 am

Yea, ghee is retarded expensive to buy. I make it once every few months in 8lb batches from costco butter in the crockpot.

The wife is straight up allergic to milk proteins and I'm sensitive to them, so making ghee knocks out like 99.9% of them. It also tastes amazing as you know.
Husband of the month
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:09 am
Sno wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:25 pm Sunday baking with Sno:

Have a breakfast thing tomorrow so a sausage and herder quiche with a biscuit crust on the right. First time using this recipe and I’m so far pleased with it. Interested to cut into this biscuit crust...

And from scratch cinnarolls. Will get baked tomorrow and a cream cheese icing added.

I tried to make those cinnamon rolls in the crock pot. 0/7. You gave fake news. :ban:
Pinterest a recipe.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I tried making my grandma's cinnamon roll recipe to bring to Thanksgiving at Michelle's parents place. We don't have an actual mixer, and I bought a shitting hand mixer and the dough was so thick that it burned out the motor and shredded the little plastic gears in there :lolol: One day I'll buy an actual mixer, I just don't bake often enough to justify it now.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:37 pm i cut up a deer roast and made a half ass attempt at deer crockpot chili this morning before running out the door.

Will see what 10 hours with onions peppahs and a tabasco "starter" kit does on a large roast.
Shitty or no shitty?
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:53 am I tried making my grandma's cinnamon roll recipe to bring to Thanksgiving at Michelle's parents place. We don't have an actual mixer, and I bought a shitting hand mixer and the dough was so thick that it burned out the motor and shredded the little plastic gears in there :lolol: One day I'll buy an actual mixer, I just don't bake often enough to justify it now.
Yeeeah, that'll do it. Even on stand mixers, you've gotta use the dough hook. I'd suggest hand mixing before attempting it with a hand mixer... if that sentence actually makes sense. You want a twist and turn motion with doughs, not a disperse and equalize motion you'll get with beaters.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Sno wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:19 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:53 am I tried making my grandma's cinnamon roll recipe to bring to Thanksgiving at Michelle's parents place. We don't have an actual mixer, and I bought a shitting hand mixer and the dough was so thick that it burned out the motor and shredded the little plastic gears in there :lolol: One day I'll buy an actual mixer, I just don't bake often enough to justify it now.
Yeeeah, that'll do it. Even on stand mixers, you've gotta use the dough hook. I'd suggest hand mixing before attempting it with a hand mixer... if that sentence actually makes sense. You want a twist and turn motion with doughs, not a disperse and equalize motion you'll get with beaters.
:word: I get what you're saying. I tried doing it by hand after the mixer broke, but it was so much flour and I got annoyed, plus was running out of time. I bet she used to do them by hand though, so I guess I need to just pull up my big boy pants and break a sweat next time.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:18 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:37 pm i cut up a deer roast and made a half ass attempt at deer crockpot chili this morning before running out the door.

Will see what 10 hours with onions peppahs and a tabasco "starter" kit does on a large roast.
Shitty or no shitty?
so yeah, its came out pretty good. the wife was enthusiastic and she usually isnt a deer fan.

I ended up adding in 1lb of local spicy ground chorizo. I think that help balance/cut the "gamie" taste of the deer. I also removed about 30% of the extra deer and minced up the rest. It was more stew like than ground traditional chili but wasn't bad at all.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:24 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Shitty or no shitty?
so yeah, its came out pretty good. the wife was enthusiastic and she usually isnt a deer fan.

I ended up adding in 1lb of local spicy ground chorizo. I think that help balance/cut the "gamie" taste of the deer. I also removed about 30% of the extra deer and minced up the rest. It was more stew like than ground traditional chili but wasn't bad at all.
Chorizo is under used in my house. I love the stuff
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Making deer bone broth
brain go brrrrrr
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:10 pm Image

Making deer bone broth
:fuckyeah:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Making deer bone broth
What are your plans for it?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Making deer bone broth
not sure, maybe some home made pho?
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:43 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:34 pm

not sure, maybe some home made pho?
:drool:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:26 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:07 pm pretty sure those brownies made me gain 3lbs that I had to turn around and loose.
I'll bring you more in three weeks.
can you bring us more in 3 weeks?
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Pork tenderloin with a salt/spice rub and mustard/white wine/butter sauce, colcannon, creamed cabbage.

:therapist:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Zilch killed it tonight.