rockchops wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:06 pm Will be fun to clean upImage
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:14 pm
rockchops wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:06 pm Will be fun to clean upImage
Right in the the feels.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Dinner last night:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wat: was that?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Calvinball

wap wrote::wat: was that?
Made some pot pie filler in the Dutch oven and some homemade sweet potato biscuits on top.

wap

Calvinball wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:58 pm
wap wrote::wat: was that?
Made some pot pie filler in the Dutch oven and some homemade sweet potato biscuits on top.

:notbad: Sounds :drool:
Calvinball

wap wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:58 pm Made some pot pie filler in the Dutch oven and some homemade sweet potato biscuits on top.

Reviews were good. My sister in law finished the whole thing, and she normally eats like three bites of things because she’s a brainwashed New Yorker.

wap

Calvinball wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:42 pm
wap wrote:
Reviews were good. My sister in law finished the whole thing, and she normally eats like three bites of things because she’s a brainwashed New Yorker.

:disgust:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

I can’t wait to post our Christmas dinner tonight, Zilch has been prepping for days.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
wap

Sno wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:11 am I can’t wait to post our Christmas dinner tonight, Zilch has been prepping for days.
:popcorn:

No seriously, is popcorn part of the menu?

:lol: :D
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Sno wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:11 am I can’t wait to post our Christmas dinner tonight, Zilch has been prepping for days.
I'm :jelly: in anticipation.

I think I nailed down my hot chocolate recipe last night:

1 tablet Abuelita
4 c coconut milk (original; because my stomach doesn't like a shit ton of milk)
3 tbs sugar
1/2 ts cinnamon
1/4 ts allspice
1/4 ts nutmeg
1/2 ts vanilla

Stirred in all the spices, dropped in the tablet, stirred until the tablet was dissolved and the mixture was boiling and frothy. I halved this recipe last night since it was just for me.

Added a shot of Kahlua after the fact, helped cool it down plus I wanted to sample it pre-alcohol ahead of time to see if I wanted any tweaks next time.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

stripethree wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:08 pm
I'm :jelly: in anticipation.

I think I nailed down my hot chocolate recipe last night:

1 tablet Abuelita
4 c coconut milk (original; because my stomach doesn't like a shit ton of milk)
3 tbs sugar
1/2 ts cinnamon
1/4 ts allspice
1/4 ts nutmeg
1/2 ts vanilla

Stirred in all the spices, dropped in the tablet, stirred until the tablet was dissolved and the mixture was boiling and frothy. I halved this recipe last night since it was just for me.

Added a shot of Kahlua after the fact, helped cool it down plus I wanted to sample it pre-alcohol ahead of time to see if I wanted any tweaks next time.
Yasssss! Our plan for dessert is hot chooclate, as well. We love Dick Taylor’s drinking chocolate mix, you’re a better man than us. But everything of theirs is phenomenal. I’m going to give your mix a try.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Christmas dinner at the Zilches. Comfort stick-to-your-ribs food this year. We typically do a really nice cut of meat and some type of potato with cheese and cream since we avoid heavy carbs during every day.

After rockchops posted gnocchi a few days ago, I was craving it like crazy. Zilch started the ragu literally two days ago and will have to give the details but omg I wish I had hollow legs. This shit made my heart so happy today.

A nice crusty bread from a favorite bakery in Indy and a great Spanish Red to pair. I can’t move and I’ve never more happy to not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Oh heck yeah.

That reminds me, y'all need to come back in the spring. There's a pair of Italian places you'll want to come try in the building next to work; same chef, two concepts. The panini place is open and I ate there over the weekend. Good god. Bye, bye lunch budget. I'll take more photos next time but the bread was fantastic, the cured meats - including some fucking incredible 'Nduja - were phenomenal and yeah, wine. Chef was around and we chatted for a bit, I hope the place does well and I'll hit it up for lunch at least once a week. It was good or better than NYC Italian sandwich joints I've been to which follows since the chef spend a handful of years there. The bar and restaurant opens at the end of January and if it is as good at the panini place I will be so happy. Finally some kick-ass Italian in this town.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

stripethree wrote:Oh heck yeah.

That reminds me, y'all need to come back in the spring. There's a pair of Italian places you'll want to come try in the building next to work; same chef, two concepts. The panini place is open and I ate there over the weekend. Good god. Bye, bye lunch budget. I'll take more photos next time but the bread was fantastic, the cured meats - including some fucking incredible 'Nduja - were phenomenal and yeah, wine. Chef was around and we chatted for a bit, I hope the place does well and I'll hit it up for lunch at least once a week. It was good or better than NYC Italian sandwich joints I've been to which follows since the chef spend a handful of years there. The bar and restaurant opens at the end of January and if it is as good at the panini place I will be so happy. Finally some kick-ass Italian in this town.
Yasssss!!! I’m trying o convince Trav we need to go out for Moto GP.

Hot chocolate for dessert. Needs alcohol like yours Jefe, but 5/7.

stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Sno wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:22 pm Yasssss!!! I’m trying to convince Trav we need to go out for Moto GP.
:doit: :doit: :doit:
:doit: :fuckyeah: :doit:
:doit: :doit: :doit:

I already have my GA tickets and a list of other bars and restaurants we can visit.

Also, :dat: whipped cream. :ohmy:
wap

Sno wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:28 pm Christmas dinner at the Zilches. Comfort stick-to-your-ribs food this year. We typically do a really nice cut of meat and some type of potato with cheese and cream since we avoid heavy carbs during every day.

After rockchops posted gnocchi a few days ago, I was craving it like crazy. Zilch started the ragu literally two days ago and will have to give the details but omg I wish I had hollow legs. This shit made my heart so happy today.

A nice crusty bread from a favorite bakery in Indy and a great Spanish Red to pair. I can’t move and I’ve never more happy to not.

:drool:
:impressive:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Ragu is pretty simple.

3-ish lbs of short rib. You could use a chuck roast as well at more or less the same weight - if using roast cut into 2 inch chunks

1 decent sized onion - diced
2 carrots - diced
2 celery sticks - diced
4-5 cloves garlic - finely chopped
1 24 can of whole peeled San marzano tomatoes. (I used Cento brand)
1 sprig of rosemary
1 sprig of sage
Several sprigs of thyme.
1 or 2 bay leaves
1/2 bottle of red wine

Pour yourself a glass of wine
Season meat on all sides with salt and pepper
Using a large enameled cast iron Dutch oven, or other large pot, heat oil until shimmering and browning the meat well in all sides. Work in batched as to not crowd the pan. Move browned meat to a plate to catch the juices.

While the meat is browning dice your vegetables and tie your rosemary, sage, and thyme into a bundle with some twine. Pour yourself another glass of wine.

When finished browning the meat, spoon off some of the oil/fat from the pan of needed so only a tablespoon or two is left. Added the vegetables to the pot and season with salt. Cook until tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.

Add the half bottle of wine, cook for a minute or two to boil off some of the alcohol.

Add the can of tomatoes - I like to crush them by hand or using a pair of scissors before adding.

Bring to a simmer and add a pinch or two of salt, the bay leaf, and herbs. Return the meat and any juices to the liquid. Cover and simmer for 90 minutes or so. I usually put the whole pot in a 275*F oven for even heating.

After 90 check on the doneness of the meat. If using short ribs the bones might be falling away from the meat - if so go ahead and remove the bones from the pot. If meat isn’t tender yet return to the oven and check again every 30 minutes. It’s done when its still holding its shape but easily shreds with a fork.

Serve it with polenta, gnocchi, or pasta with a bunch of Parmesan cheese. It’ll taste better if you let it chill for a day or two in the fridge.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

4zilch wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:29 pm Ragu is pretty simple.

37 ingredients

26 steps
:rolleyes:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Sno wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:45 pm

37 ingredients

26 steps
Steps for Sno:

1. Pour glass of wine.
2. Eat delicious Zilch meat.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

37 ingredients

26 steps
:sass:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

made a pretty slammin basic risotto. It was darker than it should as I "toasted" the garlic a bit more than what should be in hot oil. SO it was great but just a little brown. I love practicing risottos. Such a life time skill to perfect with very simple ingredients.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Sno wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:22 pm
stripethree wrote:Oh heck yeah.

Yasssss!!! I’m trying o convince Trav we need to go out for Moto GP.

Hot chocolate for dessert. Needs alcohol like yours Jefe, but 5/7.

i need dat in mah life. wit your cookies. :ohmy:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Apex wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Steps for Sno:

1. Pour glass of wine.
:dat:
wap

Apex wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Steps for Sno:

1. Pour glass of wine.
:hue: :hubba: