Do you even Crock-Pot bro? DFD Cooking Thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Skipped breakfast again, trying to get back to the 2 meals per day schedule.

1 potato
3 eggs
1 coffee

Add heat.

ImageImage
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm Skipped breakfast again, trying to get back to the 2 meals per day schedule.

1 potato
3 eggs
1 coffee

Add heat.

ImageImage
How do you find the time for the pinshit quality photos ?
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:27 pm Skipped breakfast again, trying to get back to the 2 meals per day schedule.

1 potato
3 eggs
1 coffee

Add heat.

ImageImage
I like this. Aside from the coffee.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

1 potato
3 eggs
1 coffee

Add heat.
Any reason for only wanting to do two meals a day?

Actually.. that's a dumb question.. of course you have a reason..

What is your reason for only wanting to do two meals a day?
troyguitar

SAWCE wrote:

1 potato
3 eggs
1 coffee

Add heat.

Too hard to keep calories low enough when eating more often. Slow metabolism = I should be averaging 1500 calories per day.

That combined with enjoying pizza and alcohol means that I need to be really careful about all other meals. I'm not willing to give up the stuff I enjoy.
SAWCE

troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:49 pm
SAWCE wrote:

Too hard to keep calories low enough when eating more often. Slow metabolism = I should be averaging 1500 calories per day.

That combined with enjoying pizza and alcohol means that I need to be really careful about all other meals. I'm not willing to give up the stuff I enjoy.
Makes sense. I'm used to hear people talk about eating multiple small meals so they feel sated more often, but whatever feels good to you is what's gonna work best for you :thumbsup:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:38 am
On a scale of 1 to 10 rate these vs. in the box Pop Tarts....
I have not had real pop tarts in many years, however these are like, way better.
:dat:

I’m not a fan of store bought pop tarts - these are damn good.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex

SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:54 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:49 pm Too hard to keep calories low enough when eating more often. Slow metabolism = I should be averaging 1500 calories per day.

Makes sense. I'm used to hear people talk about eating multiple small meals so they feel sated more often, but whatever feels good to you is what's gonna work best for you :thumbsup:
Says the guy who has 2 meals before 11. :lol:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:13 pm
Sno wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 pm

Is dat a real question?

Like, a 27?
Don't take it personally... box pop tarts can....not suck? They have too many preservatives, etc. etc., but with a 27 you're basically promising Nirvana.
I can promise you if your scale of not sucking starts at box pop tarts, these will be nirvana for you.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:12 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Don't take it personally... box pop tarts can....not suck? They have too many preservatives, etc. etc., but with a 27 you're basically promising Nirvana.
I can promise you if your scale of not sucking starts at box pop tarts, these will be nirvana for you.
Sounds pretty sexy.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:56 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:54 pm

Says the guy who has 2 meals before 11. :lol:
:impressive: I eat my third meal at 11 too. :massles:
troyguitar

Today's curated lunch features a number of unique and special flavors.

At the base, we start with two thin slices of swirled rye and pumpernickel bread from the farm at Pepperidge. These are lightly heated to our exacting standards not in a harsh conventional toaster, but in a fun little toaster oven that has been in the family for as long as we can remember. Every slice is different!

On top of those are our favorite protein. Four eggs, extra large grade A sourced locally from Kroger - less than a mile from our kitchen! These are carefully cooked in a teflon-free pan on lightly salted butter, with a special blend of seasonings known only to our local trader, Joe. They are then carefully placed on the golden toast with BPA-free utensils shaped like guitars.

To complement these fine stacks we have a near-espresso-strength short pour black coffee, lightly roasted in small batches in Williamsport, Pennsylvania and hand ground one cup at a time. The beans themselves are a blend of Kent and Bourbon varieties from the Tarime district in the Mara region of Tanzania - where over 90% of coffee producers are smallholder farms owning between 0.5 and 3 hectares.

All of this comes together organically and is served on a solid red oak plank, reclaimed from a luthier's workshop. This is a truly musical meal. Enjoy your song today!

Last edited by troyguitar on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:01 pm Today's curated lunch features a number of unique and special flavors.

At the base, we start with two thin slices of swirled rye and pumpernickel bread from the farm at Pepperidge. These are lightly heated to our exacting standards not in a harsh conventional toaster, but in a fun little toaster oven that has been in the family for as long as we can remember. Every slice is different!

On top of those are our favorite protein. Four eggs, extra large grade A sourced locally from Kroger - less than a mile from our kitchen! These are carefully cooked in a teflon-free pan on lightly salted butter, with a special blend of seasoning known only to our local trader, Joe. They are then carefully placed on the golden toast with BPA-free utensils shaped like guitars.

To complement these fine stacks we have a near-espresso-strength short pour black coffee, lightly roasted in small batches in Williamsport, Pennsylvania and hand ground one cup at a time. The beans themselves are a blend of Kent and Bourbon varieties from the Tarime district in the Mara region of Tanzania - where over 90% of coffee producers are smallholder farms owning between 0.5 and 3 hectares.

All of this comes together organically and is served on a solid red oak plank, reclaimed from a luthier's workshop. This is a truly musical meal. Enjoy your song today!

:amazing: :bravo:

Top contender for POTD.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:01 pm Today's curated lunch features a number of unique and special flavors.

On top of those are our favorite protein. Four eggs, extra large grade A sourced locally from Kroger - less than a mile from our kitchen! These are carefully cooked in a teflon-free pan on lightly salted butter, with a special blend of seasonings known only to our local trader, Joe. They are then carefully placed on the golden toast with BPA-free utensils shaped like guitars.

:lolol:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:20 pm

On top of those are our favorite protein. Four eggs, extra large grade A sourced locally from Kroger - less than a mile from our kitchen! These are carefully cooked in a teflon-free pan on lightly salted butter, with a special blend of seasoning known only to our local trader, Joe. They are then carefully placed on the golden toast with BPA-free utensils shaped like guitars.

Top contender for POTD.
:dat: :dat: :dat:

Such :amazing:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE

Troy wins the internet today. In4 TroyBNB
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Oh now that is PoTD
:therapist:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Your eggs look like shit and so does your face.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Outstanding. :amazing: POTD
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:amazing:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Top contender for POTD.
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Braised short ribs - admittedly, Zilch didn’t do much here. Smoking Goose, a favorite butcher of ours in Indy, is trying out a “take and bake” approach. Every Wednesday they’re offering up portioned entrees that are pre seasoned and ready to rock. I swung through after meetings one night this week. 5/7, I think we’ll make it a habit.

Bourbon, brown sugar, and ginger glazed baby carrots.

Mashed cauliflower purée. If you’re looking for a way to cut carbs, Zilch has absolutely perfected this. I do not miss mashed potatoes at all and please trust my love for carbs. Particularly when they include butter and heavy cream. It took him years before I wasn’t still talking about potatoes every time he’d make this. Ask him about his tricks if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

> Bourbon, brown sugar, and ginger glazed baby carrots.
> Mashed cauliflower purée.

Yeah I'm going to need the deets on these. Trying to cut down on carbs and those sound like carrots I might actually like to eat.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

stripethree wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:47 pm > Bourbon, brown sugar, and ginger glazed baby carrots.
> Mashed cauliflower purée.

Yeah I'm going to need the deets on these. Trying to cut down on carbs and those sound like carrots I might actually like to eat.
Carrots can be found here. http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/topics/show/1003225/

For cauliflower:

Chop up a head of cauliflower and boil pieces in salted water with a bay leaf or two
When tender enough to insert a knife with little resistance, drain and return to the same pot and let some of the residual moisture to evaporate. Remove the bay leaf.
Purée with an immersion blender until smooth.
Add some butter and/or a little sour cream - I Use about a tablespoon each.
Chopped Parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste.

It takes a few tries to get the consistency right, so feel free to experiment as needed.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

4zilch wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:01 pm Carrots can be found here. http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/topics/show/1003225/

For cauliflower:

Thanks!. Do you really expect me to get to that carrots recipe with the Braised Brisket with Bourbon-Peach Glaze recipe before it? #nochance. Hahaha.