All Things Gun Thread: Pew Pew 2.0

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Shit, I forgot there's a range that opened between my place and my dads. Will have to hit that up with him sometime soon.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:25 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 pm

How did you install them?

I use an MGW Sight Pro and never have had an issue, but I have used Trijicon night sights on all my guns for the last ~25 years.
The front sight goes on with a standard Glock front sight tool (3/16 driver), so no hammering of any kind. The rear sight I used a nylon punch to tap it out with it in a vice. They worked fine (glowed in the dark uniformly) for a day, but stopped glowing after the first time that I took it to the range. This is apparently a common issue with Truglo sights with a tritium vial coming loose, a lot of people talk crap about their QC and have had this happen multiple times with replacements. I'm just going to return them as defective
Hah... I completely forgot that the front sight is not a dovetail since I've been buying HK's and building Sig 80% kits lately.

I recommend the Trijicons, personally. I installed a set on my first Glock 23 in 1992/1993 and they lasted until 2008 when they got dim. I've put them on all my Glocks except the adjustable sight versions, which I have left alone until now.
SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:16 pm
SixSpeeder wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:25 pm

The front sight goes on with a standard Glock front sight tool (3/16 driver), so no hammering of any kind. The rear sight I used a nylon punch to tap it out with it in a vice. They worked fine (glowed in the dark uniformly) for a day, but stopped glowing after the first time that I took it to the range. This is apparently a common issue with Truglo sights with a tritium vial coming loose, a lot of people talk crap about their QC and have had this happen multiple times with replacements. I'm just going to return them as defective
Hah... I completely forgot that the front sight is not a dovetail since I've been buying HK's and building Sig 80% kits lately.

I recommend the Trijicons, personally. I installed a set on my first Glock 23 in 1992/1993 and they lasted until 2008 when they got dim. I've put them on all my Glocks except the adjustable sight versions, which I have left alone until now.
I really like the Trijicons on my P938, I ordered these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IA ... UTF8&psc=1
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
SixSpeeder

Fucking guns, if only there were more laws to prevent this type of thing

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/ ... rk-concert
Rock star Marilyn Manson was injured during a concert in New York when a large piece of stage scenery fell on him on stage.
The prop - apparently two large guns held together with metal scaffolding - fell as he was performing at the Hammerstein Ballroom on Saturday.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:33 pm Fucking guns, if only there were more laws to prevent this type of thing

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/ ... rk-concert
Rock star Marilyn Manson was injured during a concert in New York when a large piece of stage scenery fell on him on stage.
The prop - apparently two large guns held together with metal scaffolding - fell as he was performing at the Hammerstein Ballroom on Saturday.
Unsafe handling techniques at play.

Mom always said "don't climb on that" but he never listened. ;)

Sucks, hopefully he'll be fine. I'm not a big fan, but some of his interviews I've heard were interesting and entertaining.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Is this the thread to talk about gun control?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:52 pm Is this the thread to talk about gun control?
:notsure:
SixSpeeder

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:52 pm Is this the thread to talk about gun control?
I believe that's Max's auto sales thread
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

SixSpeeder wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:55 pm
I believe that's Max's auto sales thread
Oh, I like that.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Guns and control of them go together. Hence Vegas and some douche with illegally modified weapons killing 59 people. FK the NRA and all it represents. Want military firepower - join up. NO US citizen has a right to own that type of destructive firepower unchecked and un regulated. Too bad the sorry coward killed himself. Poster child of the gun nuts - White, owner of a business etc etc. The perfect Murican. Uh uh......fk guns and all the out of control damage they cause when people show up to simply listen to music. The gun BS in the US is one thing I dont miss at all. Needless thousand killed a year.

This crap in Vegas was pure domestic terrorism...period.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Davestr wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:22 am Guns and control of them go together. Hence Vegas and some douche with illegally modified weapons killing 59 people. FK the NRA and all it represents. Want military firepower - join up. NO US citizen has a right to own that type of destructive firepower unchecked and un regulated. Too bad the sorry coward killed himself. Poster child of the gun nuts - White, owner of a business etc etc. The perfect Murican. Uh uh......fk guns and all the out of control damage they cause when people show up to simply listen to music. The gun BS in the US is one thing I dont miss at all. Needless thousand killed a year.

This crap in Vegas was pure domestic terrorism...period.
Cats out of the bag man. No putting it back in.

How did the concert shooter in Paris end up with a AK pistol, built in Serbia and destined to ship to USA.

With freedom comes responsibility. Can’t trade “security” at the expense of freedoms.

I’d love to not fear being murdered. But that is a universal thing. Bad people do bad shit. It’s why I have all these “military” guns myself. Because bad people.

It’s a real shit situation honestly. There is no favorable outcome when some fackfaces murders a person, much less 56+. You clearly are in the ban then all camp. Do you fear any of the monthly attacks happening in Europe?

Do you walk around in fear everyday? Do you wish they’d just ban knives and van rentals?
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

We have a stellar record of controlling dangerous shit with laws and threats of prison.

Re: drugs.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I had a long reply written, but it honestly isn't worth it and I don't want to debate it.

I will just say that anyone that willingly joins the military, a group that eagerly awaits an order to kill thousands of people on some idiot's word, but then condemns the right to own firearms makes zero sense to me.

Also, we do have the right to these guns according to the 2nd and the SCOTUS with the ruling of the District of Columbia v. Heller.
SixSpeeder

I finally got my Dara custom IWB kydicks :fuckyeah:

Ambi doodad dingus slot, i.e. the reason my old hard holsters don't work with the gen 5:

SixSpeeder

Revolver time :fuckyeah:

Apex

SixSpeeder wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:20 pm Revolver time :fuckyeah:

:fuckyeah: :pewpew:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

i dug deep and checked off a bucket list pistol.

still cheaper online but I got an meh okay lets support the LGS deal. Paid cash and they gave a little discount.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

curious about how well my over built 22 can will suppress the 5.7. My dad put his 22 can on the AR 57 rifle with 16" but it was pretty meh. Still very loud. The smaller can doesnt have enough volume for the amount of gas.

Pretty sure a few companies special build a between 556 and 22lr can for the 5.7 specifically. It also has a weird metric thread pattern 1x10 iirc.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:02 am I need a case for packing a pistol in my checked luggage. Are there other options besides pelican that are worth looking at?
Pelican and Storm are the ones I have.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:52 am curious about how well my over built 22 can will suppress the 5.7. My dad put his 22 can on the AR 57 rifle with 16" but it was pretty meh. Still very loud. The smaller can doesnt have enough volume for the amount of gas.

Pretty sure a few companies special build a between 556 and 22lr can for the 5.7 specifically. It also has a weird metric thread pattern 1x10 iirc.
Probably not well... With the velocity the 5.7 has, I would think a non-special can would need to be a 5.56 unit.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:21 pm i dug deep and checked off a bucket list pistol.

still cheaper online but I got an meh okay lets support the LGS deal. Paid cash and they gave a little discount.
5/7 bro
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:02 am I need a case for packing a pistol in my checked luggage. Are there other options besides pelican that are worth looking at?
Sbc is similar to pelican for half the price
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:59 pm
dubshow wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:21 pm i dug deep and checked off a bucket list pistol.

5/7 bro
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
:bravo: :notbad: :bravo:
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Im digging it. range report tomorrow. But i already know exactly how it will do.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

ill probably sell an AR to pay for my gluttonous sins of lasers and 5/7.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

dubshow wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:46 pm ill probably sell an AR to pay for my gluttonous sins of lasers and 5/7.
Gunttony?
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.