So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:21 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:18 am

Zero sugar/carbs, a decent serving of brotein.
When I was younger, everyone thought they were the worst for you.
Well that is what you were being told.

it was wrong :doe:
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Oh, I bought this the other day.. I've wanted an electric one for some time since the drill/driver and impact are sometimes too bulky and sometimes I don't want to use air.

First impressions are pretty good with this one. Will see over time if it holds up.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Thinking about picking this up and shutting down the wifi on the comcast router/modem. Ever since I stopped using my old linksys router and "upgraded" to the comcast box, wifi has been pretty inconsistent across all devices.

Thoughts :waxer:?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X9CPC45/re ... R23FBXDNIB
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote:Thinking about picking this up and shutting down the wifi on the comcast router/modem. Ever since I stopped using my old linksys router and "upgraded" to the comcast box, wifi has been pretty inconsistent across all devices.

Mine lasted a year and died. Google WiFi bro!
I've watched some reviews on Google WiFi when it came out and thought it was great except for the price. It's $300 for the 3 pack right? :waxer: wifi.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:50 pm
Gberg2119 wrote:I've watched some reviews on Google WiFi when it came out and thought it was great except for the price. It's $300 for the 3 pack right? :waxer: wifi.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
How big is your place?
I could probably use 2 at a minimum considering I'm already using a power line extender. But at that point I might as well spend the extra $50 for the three pack. Can't afford not to. It's $99 each and $250 for the 3 pack for black Friday and Cyber Monday.

How long have you been using it?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I returned my google wifi since they are so restrictive/lacking features... Need to use their IP range, limited actual router functions, can't use mesh if it is in bridge mode and not your actual router..... and Google support says they know, everyone complains but the issues are deprioritized in the company and may never be addressed. The units are aesthetically pleasing though... I just wish they put the resources into engineering them. Would be awesome if google ported DDWRT to them for the community.

I'm a fan of not using Comcrap's stuff.. They like to turn on the public hotspot, even if you disable it. I bought my own Docsis 3.1 modem and use this as my router right now: https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Wireless-AC ... sus+ac3100

I'm looking to actually switch to a real router and use a mesh wifi setup like the ubiquity stuff.... but my brother-in-law raves about his Velop mesh setup, but they are not cheap. The Asus gets me great signal to about 80% of the house and "okay" signal on the fringe, so I probably only need 2 units.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

wap wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:54 pm
dubshow wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:25 pm
So far we have flying Nola to Gatwick in London. Then easy jet to South Italy. Get to capri. See the country. Trainup Italy to France coast. Get back to Italy. Rome then end in Venice. Fly Venice back to Nola. Apparently it's cheaper to fly out of Venice than Rome
That sounds awesome! Sounds like 2 weeks at least?
yes, planning on two weeks off. maybe a tuesday to tuesday deal.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:47 pm Oh, I bought this the other day.. I've wanted an electric one for some time since the drill/driver and impact are sometimes too bulky and sometimes I don't want to use air.

First impressions are pretty good with this one. Will see over time if it holds up.
the wife got me that for christmas im pretty sure. :fuckyeah:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:48 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:47 pm Oh, I bought this the other day.. I've wanted an electric one for some time since the drill/driver and impact are sometimes too bulky and sometimes I don't want to use air.

the wife got me that for christmas im pretty sure. :fuckyeah:
Used it today when changing the oil in the 1LE. It is lacking torque and couldn't break the drain bolt free.... But you can use it as a manual ratchet, so that worked to break it free and later tighten it down.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:14 pm I returned my google wifi since they are so restrictive/lacking features... Need to use their IP range, limited actual router functions, can't use mesh if it is in bridge mode and not your actual router..... and Google support says they know, everyone complains but the issues are deprioritized in the company and may never be addressed. The units are aesthetically pleasing though... I just wish they put the resources into engineering them. Would be awesome if google ported DDWRT to them for the community.

I'm a fan of not using Comcrap's stuff.. They like to turn on the public hotspot, even if you disable it. I bought my own Docsis 3.1 modem and use this as my router right now: https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Wireless-AC ... sus+ac3100

I'm looking to actually switch to a real router and use a mesh wifi setup like the ubiquity stuff.... but my brother-in-law raves about his Velop mesh setup, but they are not cheap. The Asus gets me great signal to about 80% of the house and "okay" signal on the fringe, so I probably only need 2 units.
I hate using their shit too but I don't think there's any way around it. They give out modem/router combos by default and you have to request a dual band one which is what I did. I don't think they give regular modems anymore.

Of course I just checked the public wifi hotspot setting in my account and it's on. I disabled it when I first got the router. It needs 24 hours to turn off too. :rolleyes:
[user not found] wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:13 pm Six months or something and it's been great.
It seems like a good option if you don't use anything waxer mentioned which I don't. Also it's fairly simple which is a plus.

You definitely had the EA8300 though? CNET gave it a good write up.

https://www.cnet.com/products/linksys-m ... er/review/
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:09 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:14 pm I returned my google wifi since they are so restrictive/lacking features... Need to use their IP range, limited actual router functions, can't use mesh if it is in bridge mode and not your actual router..... and Google support says they know, everyone complains but the issues are deprioritized in the company and may never be addressed. The units are aesthetically pleasing though... I just wish they put the resources into engineering them. Would be awesome if google ported DDWRT to them for the community.

I hate using their shit too but I don't think there's any way around it. They give out modem/router combos by default and you have to request a dual band one which is what I did. I don't think they give regular modems anymore.

Of course I just checked the public wifi hotspot setting in my account and it's on. I disabled it when I first got the router. It needs 24 hours to turn off too. :rolleyes:
[user not found] wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:13 pm Six months or something and it's been great.
It seems like a good option if you don't use anything waxer mentioned which I don't. Also it's fairly simple which is a plus.

Buy your own hardware and return the rental hardware. They also credit you $10/month for doing that.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

CorvetteWaxer wrote:Oh, I bought this the other day.. I've wanted an electric one for some time since the drill/driver and impact are sometimes too bulky and sometimes I don't want to use air.

I want!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:47 pm
wap wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:54 pm

That sounds awesome! Sounds like 2 weeks at least?
yes, planning on two weeks off. maybe a tuesday to tuesday deal.
:notbad:
When are you leaving?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/F ... oduct.html

FUCK YEAH thanks for the awesome deal, overstock

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

dubshow wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:43 pm https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/F ... oduct.html

:waxer:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Crazy.

Looks like Darth Vader's command center. Does it play his theme when you open the door?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:43 pm https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/F ... oduct.html

Wow I don't need that.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:23 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Buy your own hardware and return the rental hardware. They also credit you $10/month for doing that.
I'll probably get the modem after the new router but one thing I found while doing some research is that the comcast router broadcasts 4 mystery wifi networks. I see my usual 2.4 and 5 ghz channels, but I also see 4 other channels that have slightly different MAC addresses. The 4 mystery networks have hidden SSID names but I see them on wifi analyzer.

So if I get google wifi, switch the comcast router to bridge mode and then eventually replace the modem? I'll have to keep tabs on the public hotspot to make sure they don't turn it back on.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:18 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:04 pm Thinking about picking this up and shutting down the wifi on the comcast router/modem. Ever since I stopped using my old linksys router and "upgraded" to the comcast box, wifi has been pretty inconsistent across all devices.

Netgear Orbi if speed is an utmost priority.

Google Wifi is good too, doe.

I replaced our FiOS router and modem with the Orbi main unit.
The Orbi has solid reviews too. I've been trying to research everything before the dills end tomorrow. I'm thinking Google WiFi for simplicity's sake.

MU-MIMO seems to be a new thing too but I don't believe Google WiFi is supports it. Not sure if it's worth future proofing myself for that because right now not much is MU-MIMO compliant.
wap

:troywax:
wap

:troywax:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

dubshow wrote:https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/F ... oduct.html

:wtf:
wap

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:24 am
dubshow wrote:https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/F ... oduct.html

:wtf:
I'd be worried that I'd step out of that thing with the head of a fly.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:24 am :wtf:
There's no way you'd be able to coordinate walking like a human with only a fly brain controlling all dat. Chances are you'd fall to the floor and twitch (if even that).
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:11 pm
wap wrote:
There's no way you'd be able to coordinate walking like a human with only a fly brain controlling all dat. Chances are you'd fall to the floor and twitch (if even that).
:lolol: