So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Apex wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:30 am
razr390 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Dunno if I can justify $105 just yet. I'd buy your old one off you :doe:
:bruh:
I went aluminum and it’s 5/7. Pull the trigger on one.
Yeah I might justify Aluminum over Titanium.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

razr390 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:19 am
Apex wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:30 am

:bruh:
I went aluminum and it’s 5/7. Pull the trigger on one.
Yeah I might justify Aluminum over Titanium.
:doit:
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Wera micro screwdriver set. Not sure why but I bought it.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:06 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:03 pm New Ridge wallet showed up today.

I ordered a gray titanium along with a new elastic strap and screws for my old black titanium version. Has been a great wallet over the years and wanted a second to change it up a bit every so often.

I love my Ridge.
a 100 dollar fucking wallet? seriously?!?!
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I've been thinking about a new walled that's just cards for a while. That burnt TI is right down my alley...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:51 am I've been thinking about a new walled that's just cards for a while. That burnt TI is right down my alley...
I'm sick of cheap wallets falling apart or looking shitty within a year. If it truly lasts forever, it's :notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:49 am

I love my Ridge.
I didn't :troywax: on the TI version. I went aluminum with a discount code and it was like $60?

Getting something that doesn't let me Costanza my wallet has been 5/7.
Apex

Ridge is 5/7 for front pocket carrying too. Way better than a cheapo bi-fold.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:01 am Ridge is 5/7 for front pocket carrying too. Way better than a cheapo bi-fold.
I haven't carried a wallet in my back pocket in 15 years. Front pocket 4 lyfe.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

I love my Ridge.
It's a good way to keep the weight of your wallet low.

Win win
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:59 am

I didn't :troywax: on the TI version. I went aluminum with a discount code and it was like $60?

60 is a reasonable upper limit for a nice wallet
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

KYGTIGuy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:22 am

It's a good way to keep the weight of your wallet low.

Win win
:iswydt:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:47 am
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:59 am

*in your opinion*

I've spent $30-$150 on leather wallets over the years that end up getting thrashed and useless in no time. Not to mention, this one is RFID blocking, small and holds up to 12 cards advertised (I have 14 + a laminated car insurance paper in mine). There is no leather wallet that can do that in this form factor. As mentioned I've run my black Ridge wallet for 4 years and it's nearly perfect other than some minor wear that shows up more on camera than in person and I didn't like the look of the elastic strap, so I spent $7 for a new strap to clean up the look.

If you want nice things that will last, you need to pay for them and I also think you should have more than one of said things in many cases to extend their life.

I am seeing my wife's point about things in some areas.... like shoes. She has shoes that she has had for years because she has many pairs and rotates. I generally wear the same pair until they wear out and buy another pair.

Maybe I like my shoes though, and when they wear out and I go to buy a new pair, they aren't made anymore.. if I have a few pairs and rotate them, not only do they wear more evenly but each pair actually lasts longer because the shoes have time to "recover" before being worn again. If you ask a serious runner, they will have 3-5 pairs they wear and never wear the same pair they wore yesterday because the soles need to rest to regain some of their cushion. Using them daily will mean that in short time the cushion in the shoe is compressed and not giving the support they are supposed to.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:16 am

*in your opinion*

I've spent $30-$150 on leather wallets over the years that end up getting thrashed and useless in no time. Not to mention, this one is RFID blocking, small and holds up to 12 cards advertised (I have 14 + a laminated car insurance paper in mine). There is no leather wallet that can do that in this form factor. As mentioned I've run my black Ridge wallet for 4 years and it's nearly perfect other than some minor wear that shows up more on camera than in person and I didn't like the look of the elastic strap, so I spent $7 for a new strap to clean up the look.

If you want nice things that will last, you need to pay for them and I also think you should have more than one of said things in many cases to extend their life.

I am seeing my wife's point about things in some areas.... like shoes. She has shoes that she has had for years because she has many pairs and rotates. I generally wear the same pair until they wear out and buy another pair.

Maybe I like my shoes though, and when they wear out and I go to buy a new pair, they aren't made anymore.. if I have a few pairs and rotate them, not only do they wear more evenly but each pair actually lasts longer because the shoes have time to "recover" before being worn again. If you ask a serious runner, they will have 3-5 pairs they wear and never wear the same pair they wore yesterday because the soles need to rest to regain some of their cushion. Using them daily will mean that in short time the cushion in the shoe is compressed and not giving the support they are supposed to.
Any issue with the card strips demagnetizing? I guess it's not an issue in the days of chips...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

*in your opinion*

Part one: Agree on paying for quality. It's a hard lesson I've learned over years that the :scrooge: needs to be defeated sometimes. re: wallets... 100 bones is alot but hey whatever floats ur boat.

Part two: TIL something new about shoes.
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:28 am

*in your opinion*

Any issue with the card strips demagnetizing? I guess it's not an issue in the days of chips...
No issue in the last 4 years. The wallet liner is a plastic/composite material and easy on the cards.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:46 am

*in your opinion*

Part one: Agree on paying for quality. It's a hard lesson I've learned over years that the :scrooge: needs to be defeated sometimes. re: wallets... 100 bones is alot but hey whatever floats ur boat.

Yeah, they are not cheap, but I think this kinda of applies the same way as buying once for something you use often vs always needing a replacement.

I'm all for buying cheap tools at HF if it is something that you won't be using all the time, or if it breaks it won't kill/hurt you. If it is one of those kind of items though, I will always pay the premium for a good, reliable version from another vendor. $14 for a non-critical tool I will use once vs $120 from a known brand? I'll take the HF one. Torque wrench or something that actually matters and I will have a need for it many times? I'm taking the name brand with the good warranty and reputation for quality and reliability.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:46 am

Yeah, they are not cheap, but I think this kinda of applies the same way as buying once for something you use often vs always needing a replacement.

I'm all for buying cheap tools at HF if it is something that you won't be using all the time, or if it breaks it won't kill/hurt you. If it is one of those kind of items though, I will always pay the premium for a good, reliable version from another vendor. $14 for a non-critical tool I will use once vs $120 from a known brand? I'll take the HF one. Torque wrench or something that actually matters and I will have a need for it many times? I'm taking the name brand with the good warranty and reputation for quality and reliability.
Totally. I just bought a barbell for 220 (a scratch and dent for a normally 350) bucks. Sure there is stuff that is out there for half as much money, but this is a thing i hold in my hands for three hours a week at least and i expect it to last the rest of my life...vs a cheaper one that will be junk in a year or two.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:21 am
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:01 am Ridge is 5/7 for front pocket carrying too. Way better than a cheapo bi-fold.
Yep. More secure, fewer back problems.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:54 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:21 am
Yep. More secure, fewer back problems.
:dat:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:27 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
This is :waxer: we’re talking about man.

He’s the originator of the true :wasteful: spending.
:dat: is true.

Anyone that is :notsure: should see my latest post in the :[user not found]: whiskey thread where I included a pic of a receipt.

Sure to evoke emotions and some :triggered: feels.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:15 pm

Anyone that is :notsure: should see my latest post in the :[user not found]: whiskey thread where I included a pic of a receipt.

I showed wifey that receipt and I got :shock: in return. :lol:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 pm

You want to know :shock: ? My wife was with me and actually talked me into buying the Reflexion bottle on top of the bottle of 25.

For a moment I had serious concerns that she was abducted and replaced with a pod person clone.
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:20 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 pm

You want to know :shock: ? My wife was with me and actually talked me into buying the Reflexion bottle on top of the bottle of 25.

For a moment I had serious concerns that she was abducted and replaced with a pod person clone.
:impressive:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

It did :triggered: me. you win.

I need to show the wife.
brain go brrrrrr