So I bought some useless junk recently...

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:08 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:06 pm

Nice, which ones did you get?
Asics Lift Master Lite... I was leaning towards the Adipowers but they're expensive and I could only find white. These seem comparable and were less money plus not white. I've also had good experiences with Asics in the past.
:notbad: Looks like it'll be a good shoe for you.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Grom parts - the vato t00na stuff, an o2 bung for the wideband, new coffee cup.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Ordered OEM Mazda plugs+wires+coils for the RX8 since it's still under the engine warranty, along with engine/cabin air filters. :troywax:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:08 am
Acid666 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:54 am

Jerky gun. That's what it's called.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001795P3K/re ... 33950&sr=1

My only other advice, find what model you've got and buy more trays. The 2-4 trays they come with fill QUICK. I had 8 and I nearly always maxed them out.
wishlisted. I did jery a few times with whole meat. Its $$, its a PITA to cut, etc. This will make the shit next level easy, and cheap.
the wife got me this for xmas, my first batch was DELICIOUS.

With costco ground beef i can do jerky for under $4/lb (pre cooked weight obviously)
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:17 pm

wishlisted. I did jery a few times with whole meat. Its $$, its a PITA to cut, etc. This will make the shit next level easy, and cheap.

With costco ground beef i can do jerky for under $4/lb (pre cooked weight obviously)

:fuckyeah:
I'm back into full blown Keto mode, so I need to break out my dehydrator and make some jerky snacks.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:11 pm

I'm back into full blown Keto mode, so I need to break out my dehydrator and make some jerky snacks.

After the beer is gone I'm going to try to go full keto a few weeks myself.
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Got this last week.

The learning curve on this one is much bigger than my previous DSLRs due to the pixel count. Technique is extremely important for a clean picture with no blur...

These were pulled from the camera and cropped with no editing... shot with a 50mm @ f/4.0 with some ridiculous ISO setting, like 6400.

Not really happy with it yet, but I know it's all me and I need to practice a lot more. Would also be nice to get some decent weather and light where I can crank down the aperture.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:fuckyeah: Wifey and I have done a few batches of jerky with our dehydrator that they all turned out 5/7. We've been slicing up stuff like london broil and marinating overnight.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:43 pm https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/F ... oduct.html

FUCK YEAH thanks for the awesome deal, overstock

Did you get this installed?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:35 pm Got this last week.

The learning curve on this one is much bigger than my previous DSLRs due to the pixel count. Technique is extremely important for a clean picture with no blur...

These were pulled from the camera and cropped with no editing... shot with a 50mm @ f/4.0 with some ridiculous ISO setting, like 6400.

Not really happy with it yet, but I know it's all me and I need to practice a lot more. Would also be nice to get some decent weather and light where I can crank down the aperture.
What did you replace with this?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:55 pm
D750
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:59 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:55 pm
D750
What improvements are there other than enough mexpixels to make an HD billboard of your cat?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:10 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:59 pm

D750
What improvements are there other than enough mexpixels to make an HD billboard of your cat?
Tons of stuff..

9 fps
Much better focusing system
Way better ISO range
4K video uncropped
Standard round viewfinder as found on the pro bodies
SnapBridge connection to a phone for immediate cloud storage of jpg versions and GOSS tagging.

Way too many things I can't remember or even know yet
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Got a cat scratcher for the cat. And a fake plant
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Acid666

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:29 pm
Acid666 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:11 pm

You start yet brah? I'm down from 207 to 199 and I think it's been about 1-1/2 weeks. That instant pot we got is fucking amazing as we can throw all sorts of keto friendly shit in it and basically just make a soup or mash up of flavors. We made a cauliflower potato bacon soup the other day and substituted the potatoes for sweet potatoes and threw chunks of ham in there. OMG fucking awesome. Couldn't even taste the cauliflower
Acid666

razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:55 pm Got a cat scratcher for the cat. And a fake plant
LOL Like a back scratcher? Or a cardboard scratchpad thing?
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Acid666 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am
razr390 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:55 pm Got a cat scratcher for the cat. And a fake plant
LOL Like a back scratcher? Or a cardboard scratchpad thing?
Scratch pd thingy. But it’s shaped like an S and has a catnip toy on it. So when you lay it flat she has a place to stand on, stand under, or stand within.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:57 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:29 pm

You start yet brah? I'm down from 207 to 199 and I think it's been about 1-1/2 weeks. That instant pot we got is fucking amazing as we can throw all sorts of keto friendly shit in it and basically just make a soup or mash up of flavors. We made a cauliflower potato bacon soup the other day and substituted the potatoes for sweet potatoes and threw chunks of ham in there. OMG fucking awesome. Couldn't even taste the cauliflower
nooo......so much beer....
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666

I ordered a few things recently. One was an egg tray thing for the instant pot. I can't find any multi level things online but these were plentiful. So I ordered one and just intend to use it as another level to put food to cook.

This instant pot is fucking amazaballs. Stupid easy to use. I'm throwing whole chicken breasts in there frozen and it's cooking that and other shit in under 20 minutes.

Also ordered a new helmet for autocross since my Snell 2005 is getting a bit dated. Fairly cheap so if I don't like it I'll just get another budget HJC. I'm happy with the HJC for autocross but when I'm on the bike the Shoei Neotech is sooooo much better. Too bad it's not Snell (modular). Hopefully it'll somewhat match the car.

Also got some more vinyl coming in to cut some more shit for the car and redo the numbers. Didn't really like the angle I put the "66" on my passengers side so I'm gonna redo it.
I've been hella busy with working on this damn 2-stroke racing motor. Really getting tired of it but we gotta get some shit out to the machine shops for the Miami Boat show in Feb.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

After years of using headphones as my only good tool for writing/recording/mixing music, I finally pulled the trigger on a decent pair of speakers to use instead of the :scrooge: Behringer stuff that I've had for a decade or so - the amp that I'd been using to power them started dying and rather than replace it I'm getting powered speakers to both increase sound quality and get back some desk space. In shopping around, I found a great little audio gear review site. Here's the review that pushed me over the edge to grab the JBL LSR305's, in addition to finding a cheap pair on ebay:

http://noaudiophile.com/JBL_LSR305/

Of course I'll be out of town all next week so I won't get to hear them until 1/29, but I'm excited. Great sound is :fuckyeah: and I'm long overdue to make some real progress on my band shit.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:34 am After years of using headphones as my only good tool for writing/recording/mixing music, I finally pulled the trigger on a decent pair of speakers to use instead of the :scrooge: Behringer stuff that I've had for a decade or so - the amp that I'd been using to power them started dying and rather than replace it I'm getting powered speakers to both increase sound quality and get back some desk space. In shopping around, I found a great little audio gear review site. Here's the review that pushed me over the edge to grab the JBL LSR305's, in addition to finding a cheap pair on ebay:

Of course I'll be out of town all next week so I won't get to hear them until 1/29, but I'm excited. Great sound is :fuckyeah: and I'm long overdue to make some real progress on my band shit.
Nice man! Are you playing in a full band, or do you write and track everything yourself? One of my buddies has been getting into recording and mixin and has done some decent stuff for how new he is.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:08 am
Acid666 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:57 am

nooo......so much beer....
In4 keto experience.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Gun store here is going out of business, so today I picked up another Glock 26 and a Ruger 10/22 Takedown with a Magpul stock.

Also delivered today: Instant Pot at the wife's request and a set of four replacement Goodyear F1 Supercar 3's for the 1LE.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Wiper blades for the wife's car. Bought them both from Amazon Prime. Passenger's side delivered Sunday, Drivers side will come by the end of the week. :lol: :wtf:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:34 am After years of using headphones as my only good tool for writing/recording/mixing music, I finally pulled the trigger on a decent pair of speakers to use instead of the :scrooge: Behringer stuff that I've had for a decade or so - the amp that I'd been using to power them started dying and rather than replace it I'm getting powered speakers to both increase sound quality and get back some desk space. In shopping around, I found a great little audio gear review site. Here's the review that pushed me over the edge to grab the JBL LSR305's, in addition to finding a cheap pair on ebay:

Nice, the JBL studio monitors and PA speakers are all really solid in my experience, I've used a lot of them up to a $100k Vertec system that is :tits:

Interested to check out that review site, I skimmed that one a bit, :impressive: detail.