Fax's haus: Brad Goes Orange, go Vols?

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

It's on my to do list. I'm not kidding. Get on the board first, see where that goes.
brain go brrrrrr
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:17 am It's on my to do list. I'm not kidding. Get on the board first, see where that goes.
I like where this is going.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:17 am It's on my to do list. I'm not kidding. Get on the board first, see where that goes.
I want to hear stories about this when it happens. Please wear a GoPro at all times during meetings when you drop logic bombs on old farts with nothing left to live for except a false sense of power.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:56 am
I want to hear stories about this when it happens. Please wear a GoPro at all times during meetings when you drop logic bombs on old farts with nothing left to live for except a false sense of power.
I have to find out when the stupid meeting are and what the election process is first; nothing in the established covenants about this.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:17 am HOA rage. Now that it's resolved I'll post the story.

They didn't like the red door. After it was done for almost 6 months, the decided they didn't like the door.

With it being a new house and the builder needing to be that interface, (the HOA bylaws are very clear on this) I made my position clear: you guys dropped the ball not approving complete set of plans incl. colors. The builder dropped the ball by not including them. This is not my problem. I told them as much. Basically they sent a nasty letter, I sent back a reasonable one, we sat down and talked it out.

I told them my position, and that we were open to painting the door to resolve, but I WAS NOT DOING IT. I WAS NOT PAYING FOR IT. YOU (hoa) and the builder figure out who is paying for it, and we will give you new color from your approved palette.

Well, it got painted. It's now a bright ass babyish blue. I like it; I hope they hate it. pics later.

Fuck HOA's. :disgust:

here is my response to thier shittygram
Dear Mr. X
We have received your letter alleging the violation of the HOA restrictions, specifically the color of the door. Some facts presented in the letter seem to be in error. This aforementioned notice is the first we (the homeowners) have heard of an alleged issue with our door color. Additionally, we are unsure what door you are speaking of; no further detail is offered in the notice.

Our builder painted the home colors we picked out. We worked very hard with our contractor and their designer on every detail of the home, including paint colors. In accordance with section 3.3 of the bylaws for the Crossgates restrictions, plans were submitted to the board for approval. I have an email chain from my contractor in which these plans were approved by the board. Colors were not specifically discussed, but the HOA board is responsible for approving a complete set of plans. Any discrepancy with the design of the structure should have been handled with our contractor during construction.

Kellie and I find this to be a very disturbing development. We love the house we built, we love the neighborhood, and look forward to becoming trusted members of the community. We also think that our house looks great from the street. The home has been complete for eight months at the writing of this letter, and if the color choice clashed with the style of the neighborhood we should have heard about it before now. Everyone we have spoken with inside the neighborhood and outside of it loves the home. In regards to home values, we built the first new home in this neighborhood for several years at great expense. Our new construction also completed the development, something every realtor I've met says boosts home values. I mention this because it is clearly not our intent, nor is it in our best interest to negatively effect property value.
In the interest of saving on postage, if it is agreeable to all parties involved I would be happy to continue to discuss this and come to a resolution via email. My email address is %hoa@yahoo.com
Sincerely
You had to pick from an approved book of paint chips? WTF?

I would have painted it yellow. Then orange. Then purple. Then bright ass green. Etc etc etc. And play stupid every time. DIY, then when you're done fucking with them have it professionally sanded and painted a final color.

The light blue looks alright doe.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:54 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:17 am HOA rage. Now that it's resolved I'll post the story.

They didn't like the red door. After it was done for almost 6 months, the decided they didn't like the door.

With it being a new house and the builder needing to be that interface, (the HOA bylaws are very clear on this) I made my position clear: you guys dropped the ball not approving complete set of plans incl. colors. The builder dropped the ball by not including them. This is not my problem. I told them as much. Basically they sent a nasty letter, I sent back a reasonable one, we sat down and talked it out.

I told them my position, and that we were open to painting the door to resolve, but I WAS NOT DOING IT. I WAS NOT PAYING FOR IT. YOU (hoa) and the builder figure out who is paying for it, and we will give you new color from your approved palette.

Well, it got painted. It's now a bright ass babyish blue. I like it; I hope they hate it. pics later.

Fuck HOA's. :disgust:

here is my response to thier shittygram
You had to pick from an approved book of paint chips? WTF?

I would have painted it yellow. Then orange. Then purple. Then bright ass green. Etc etc etc. And play stupid every time. DIY, then when you're done fucking with them have it professionally sanded and painted a final color.

The light blue looks alright doe.
easy to say that, but when what you really want is to be left the fuck alone you only :dill: with it once.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:13 am Brad - run for the HOA. Get on the board. Work your way up to president getting friends in the neighborhood to run as well. Then disband the HOA.
From everything I've read online and on Reddit about people bitching about HOAs, the only way to break them is to break them from the inside.
If I had one, I'd GLADLY suck some dicks for a while until I could get my ass in there and start a mosh pit. Slam dancing their bullshit rules into oblivion.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Acid666 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:05 am
[user not found] wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:13 am Brad - run for the HOA. Get on the board. Work your way up to president getting friends in the neighborhood to run as well. Then disband the HOA.
From everything I've read online and on Reddit about people bitching about HOAs, the only way to break them is to break them from the inside.
If I had one, I'd GLADLY suck some dicks for a while until I could get my ass in there and start a mosh pit. Slam dancing their bullshit rules into oblivion.
This is what I did in my last hood.
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:10 pm This is what I did in my last hood.
How many dicks and was it worth it?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:19 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:10 pm This is what I did in my last hood.
How many dicks and was it worth it?
only 2 and sure thing budday
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

well the pot filler is fixed.

I'm still pretty frustrated with builder :doe: He not only did not physically change the (3rd failed) pot filler, he or one of his guys took the bitch. Unacceptable IMHO, since I need the valves as spares.

Anyway, tired of having leaking shit, I changed the valve myself with one of the spares from other failed fillers. text sent to builder stating i need my NEW filler back. I still have 1k of hostage money to ensure this happens.

Trim looks good. mounted to wall properly.

brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

That's one hell of a fiasco for a fucking pinshit pot filler.

At least you still have money hostage.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:38 pm That's one hell of a fiasco for a fucking pinshit pot filler.

:dat: :disappoint:

Glad it's finally fixed, :doe: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:38 pm That's one hell of a fiasco for a fucking pinshit pot filler.

:dat:

Pinshit. :disgust:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

minor upgrade here, but house is now 100% LED on the inside at least.

The hood vent had G10 base halogens. They got HOTT. not super worried about it because the heat just went mostly up the vent pipe out the house, but still. A recent ikea order inspired me to look for LED versions....thiers wouldn't work but got the philips ones of amazon for $6 each. They run MUCHMUCH cooler and now the color temperature of the lights match the undercabinet lighting!

brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P

I need to do that. The microwave lights look awful compared to the under cabinet lights.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I want to know how many times you've used the pot filler now.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:07 pm I want to know how many times you've used the pot filler now.
at least twice a day
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:10 pm at least twice a day
:notbad:
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:55 am minor upgrade here, but house is now 100% LED on the inside at least.

The hood vent had G10 base halogens. They got HOTT. not super worried about it because the heat just went mostly up the vent pipe out the house, but still. A recent ikea order inspired me to look for LED versions....thiers wouldn't work but got the philips ones of amazon for $6 each. They run MUCHMUCH cooler and now the color temperature of the lights match the undercabinet lighting!

Nice.
Better lighting for the next pot filler repair session.

:triggered:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

i just want MAH VALVES
builderswifelady, the pot filler mounting / tile / drywall work was complete satisfactorily. More than that, it looks great!

Small hiccup, the leaking pot filler was not changed. I left it out on the counter to be changed. It was also missing upon completion. I'ts really not a big deal having the actual fixture changed; I swapped the bad valve with a working one from one of the other failed fillers so all is well. That being said, I would like the fixture back so i can have the valves as spares.

Please let me know when I can come by and pick it up, i can drop off the final check at that time as well.

Thanks,
-Brad
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

got pot filler, paid builder.

bought cabinets, cleaned up garage after bro-ing it up at the ymca this morning :fuckyeah:

brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

So after all this... What the fuck IS a pot filler? I've never heard of that before your saga.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:55 pm So after all this... What the fuck IS a pot filler? I've never heard of that before your saga.
It's just a :troywax: cold water faucet over the stove that lets you fill big pots of water right on the stove so you don't have to carry them from the sink.

Alternately, it's a pointless :wtf: :waxer: feature that makes :fax: rage:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:55 pm So after all this... What the fuck IS a pot filler? I've never heard of that before your saga.
It's just a :troywax: cold water faucet over the stove that lets you fill big pots of water right on the stove so you don't have to carry them from the sink.

Alternately, it's a pointless :wtf: :waxer: feature that makes :fax: rage:
You ain't shit unless you have a pot filler and a pot drainer :rolleyes: :science: :troywax: