Fax's haus: Brad Goes Orange, go Vols?

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wap wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:16 pm
troyguitar wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:55 pm So after all this... What the fuck IS a pot filler? I've never heard of that before your saga.
It's just a :troywax: cold water faucet over the stove that lets you fill big pots of water right on the stove so you don't have to carry them from the sink.

Alternately, it's a pointless :wtf: :waxer: feature that makes :fax: rage:
:dat:

but its also exempt from flow epa restrictions :thanksobama: so it puts out water really fast.
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:36 am
wap wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:16 pm

It's just a :troywax: cold water faucet over the stove that lets you fill big pots of water right on the stove so you don't have to carry them from the sink.

Alternately, it's a pointless :wtf: :waxer: feature that makes :fax: rage:

but its also exempt from flow epa restrictions :thanksobama: so it puts out water really fast.
So no aerator needed? :notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:03 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:36 am

So no aerator needed? :notbad:
it has one to keep the flow nice but it's not a restriction orifice.

Like filling the dog water pitcher is a 3 second thing. In the sink it's like 20.
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:07 am it has one to keep the flow nice but it's not a restriction orifice.
I snickered.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

All of this over a spigot? :wtf:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:26 am All of this over a spigot? :wtf:
A poorly mounted one, but basically :dat:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

So, the little ~8' x 9' room we were going to put the nursery in is now going to be the guest/craft/play room because that was the long term plan anyway and I'll have some time on my hands over christmas.

The plan to make all that fit in an 8x9 space is... a murphy bed. This is some tiny house shit. :wub:

I'll build the bones like this:
http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/rooms- ... murphy-bed

Incorporate a fold out craft table with shaker style trim but similar in concept to these:

using this guys hack to build the swivel without the $$ hardware kit. Will modify swivel seats with welder for constructability.

So I'll double amount of sheet "E" to incorporate the fold out table. Table legs will be shaker style trim that is added and folds out. trim also hides edge gap for bed legs.

So really the two things I still need to figure out in my head is a good way to secure both the bed & the table in the "up" position in a way that looks nice and not hacky. I think the trim legs will be fine with magnets. The table itself could be pinned....maybe put a hook on it? I could do this with the bed too....hmmmm.....

so there be my thoughts for now.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:10 am
Do it. Are there any online resources that can give you off the shelf plans? I'm thinking something like Bar Plan but for beds. I bought a plan from them when I built the 8' bar in the AZ house. Made things a lot easier, and the plans were simple enough to allow customization.

What, if anything, makes you hesitant to dive into it?
Yea the first link has a good design for a queen size and a cut list even. I don't think I need to buy plans persay, the yout00b resources and free stuff online seems adequate. More so since I plan on customizing the design a bit.

I'm about 90% sure I'll be doing this over christmas.
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:16 am I'm about 90% sure I'll be doing this over christmas.
Yaaassss. I am hoping that I can do my garage workbench project at the same time.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:45 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:16 am I'm about 90% sure I'll be doing this over christmas.
Yaaassss. I am hoping that I can do my garage workbench project at the same time.
:notsure:

I thought about building a bench too but buying is way cheaper when you bill your time to the project....

if you do build, I think these are worth the money.
https://www.amazon.com/2x4-Basics-Workb ... B005SQ365M

Also, put that bitch on some nice lockable wheels. I got these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W5 ... UTF8&psc=1
there were a little less when i purchased, but the take home message is to not put cheap wheels on your bench.

Anyway, that's why I'm doing the murphy bed project myself.....entry level prices are 1200 bucks. :nope:
I can clearly do this for a quarter of that, easy. Garage workbench was equal cost and it take up a yuge chunk of my time.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

My bench might have cost $50 and was built in a single evening 4 years ago.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:53 am :notsure:

I thought about building a bench too but buying is way cheaper when you bill your time to the project....
I hear ya. I'm just really itching to build something once the tools are in the same space as me again. Like, more interested than turning wrenches on the vehicles even. Since it's a purely functional garage piece it doesn't have to be perfect either, so a great way to revive those skills. I think I linked it elsewhere, but I plan to follow this.

That kit you linked looks pretty good though. I need to do some measuring to decide on what size bench I want to put together.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:10 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:53 am :notsure:

I hear ya. I'm just really itching to build something once the tools are in the same space as me again. Like, more interested than turning wrenches on the vehicles even. Since it's a purely functional garage piece it doesn't have to be perfect either, so a great way to revive those skills. I think I linked it elsewhere, but I plan to follow this.

That kit you linked looks pretty good though. I need to do some measuring to decide on what size bench I want to put together.
:notbad: I gets it too.
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:55 am My bench might have cost $50 and was built in a single evening 4 years ago.
sure, but i'm sure it was basic spec. If cheap is all you need Its fine. I was going for something really nice to build. I priced out like 130 in materials as a minimum.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

So, I undertook this DIY murphy bed project. Murphy beds are fucking expensive. The kits Are even expensive.
I'm into this for about 300 total. That includes buying myself about 50 bucks worth of tools. I was originally going to incorporate a table but abandoned that when the thing got heavy.
I was also going to forgo a lifting assist.....but it got really heavy.

I used this page for materials and a cutlist.
http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/rooms- ... murphy-bed

It says 4 sheets of 3/4 ply but i did it with 3 :iono:
I also used 3/8 ply vs 1/2 for the bed support because I had it already.
I had HD make the long rips instore
Trim is not included in the cutlist but IIRC I used 6 1x3's and 2 1x2's i had to rip to 3/4 square true dims.
The rotating mechanism is 2 $5 boat swivel seats. I did have to modify the header length to get the spacing correct.
Trim styled after the house cabinets, & painted to match cabinets in the house.

Not a lot of pics of early progress, but here it is from 'start' to finish

Overall it came out really good. I wish I'd have gotten/found the cabinet grade ply before it was too late, but oh well. It still looks pretty nice.
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Looks good breh! We've been wanting to put a murphy bed in the spare bedroom but just haven't gotten to it yet. I looked into those kits a while back and yeah, pricey.

I'm about to start working on the framework for our custom 2X Queen bed setup. So while I've got wood stuff all around my garage I may mock up and design the murphy bed a little bit to see if I can get some of the lumber now and then finish designing/cutting later.
troyguitar

That's brilliant. I think I'll do that in the next :haus:
wap

:megusta:
I've always liked Murphy beds.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

thanks guys! Sno slept on it last night and it got the seal of approval!
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Touched up the paint today the 3m shit ripped off the wall. 100% picked up. Drinking my special victory beer to celebrate. (a barrel aged from the local brew house)
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:01 pm Touched up the paint today the 3m shit ripped off the wall. 100% picked up. Drinking my special victory beer to celebrate. (a barrel aged from the local brew house)
meanwhile im drinkin beer at mah house.

doing pinshit for my chest freezer/kegerator.

I hate wood works. I just realized this chest will hold a corny keg with no mods. Time to carb my agave amber.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

also the freezer got to 4 degrees in under 45 mins.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Looks great Brad. 10/10.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I finally installed a microwave this weekend. 1100 watts of ball nuking POWA

The wife was not pleased, but in the end welcomed the necessary pantry cleanout.

30 doll hair :scrooge: craigslist find + 10 doll hair extension cord from olde wally werld.

:notbad: result.

brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:15 am I finally installed a microwave this weekend. 1100 watts of ball nuking POWA

The wife was not pleased, but in the end welcomed the necessary pantry cleanout.

30 doll hair :scrooge: craigslist find + 10 doll hair extension cord from olde wally werld.

:notbad: result.

Our microwave got moved to the basement. I really wish I could find a place to install in the kitchen discreetly like this.

:notbad:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Got me another pinshit like project to work on....stay t00ned
brain go brrrrrr