Jefé's rental bachelor pad

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

dubshow wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:44 pm
[user not found] wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Looks like a .22 wound... :notsure: :dubshow:
Best fucking emoji.
:dat:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:10 am Jefe, you weren't the only one with bedframe transit damage woes... viewtopic.php?f=19&p=214906#p214906
For all you guys who are new to shipping furniture that comes in parts....UPS drivers fucking hate the online furniture industry, and they hate YOU for buying heavy, bulky pieces online. IMHO, they treat these large packages with particular disdain, and unless you have a company who has truly engineered their packaging processes, if it came fucked up the first time, there is STRONG likelihood it will come fucked up the second time. Same packaging process, same shipping process with angry UPS bros. I actually gave up on a piece because it came seriously fooked up 3 or 4 times.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:16 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:10 am Jefe, you weren't the only one with bedframe transit damage woes... viewtopic.php?f=19&p=214906#p214906
For all you guys who are new to shipping furniture that comes in parts....UPS drivers fucking hate the online furniture industry, and they hate YOU for buying heavy, bulky pieces online. IMHO, they treat these large packages with particular disdain, and unless you have a company who has truly engineered their packaging processes, if it came fucked up the first time, there is STRONG likelihood it will come fucked up the second time. Same packaging process, same shipping process with angry UPS bros. I actually gave up on a piece because it came seriously fooked up 3 or 4 times.
I've ordered several pieces of furniture from Amazon. None came damaged. :iono:

FedEx is the shitty one down here doe, UPS is solid.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Hacking Jefes thread to say we’re thinking West Elm for a new living room set, as well. Looking like a leather sofa and some upholstered recliners. I am much excited for this direction.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Sno wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:15 pm Hacking Jefes thread to say we’re thinking West Elm for a new living room set, as well. Looking like a leather sofa and some upholstered recliners. I am much excited for this direction.
Really stoked with the coffee table we grabbed from them yesterday. I'll try to remember to post up a pic in the Home thread tonight. I really like a lot of their stuff, and the construction seems solid.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Melon wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:12 am
dubshow wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:44 pm

Best fucking emoji.
:dat:
:triggered:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

When I talk to West Elm again I am asking for a freight shipment if possible but they might not have any control since that particular item comes directly from the manufacturer. I will give it one more shot to see if between the two deliveries I can build a damage free bed. I am hoping that the stuff getting delivered on Wednesday is flawless. Sitting on folding chairs is getting old.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Evidence of adulting was delivered. 5/7 experience. Love all this wood. Heh.

Console, awaiting television and such...

Dining shiz...

The 20" extension...

With a splash of elegant decor...

I am full :fuckyeah: on all of this. Table is not staying in that spot. I have to move the TV into the console then move the dining table. Very glad I opted to start with a single bench though given the amount of space there is. Getting the extendable table was also a quality choice.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Looking good man!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Sno wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:15 pm Hacking Jefes thread to say we’re thinking West Elm for a new living room set, as well. Looking like a leather sofa and some upholstered recliners. I am much excited for this direction.
I like their stuff. Their recliners are very comfortable.
Johnny_P

I like all the wood in this thread. New console looks killer, dude.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I just ate dinner at my dining room table. First dinner at a real table in a month.

I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING.

Teehee. :aintcare: that it is this late either.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:47 pm
:fuckyeah: we got two recliners. We're worried about comfort. Our current set desperately needs replaced but it has been well loved and is not lacking in comfort at all. We live in our sofas. We had planned for two sofas like our current set up (all of which have recliners that are used frequently) but ended up going with one sofa and two stand-alone recliners. My one concern had been the comfort on recliners. This put me at ease.

Jefe - How is the grain on the dining table? I get worried about uneven surfaces on that for wine glasses but it looks like the lighting might have made it look deeper than it is.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Johnny_P

Sno wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:52 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:47 pm

:fuckyeah: we got two recliners. We're worried about comfort. Our current set desperately needs replaced but it has been well loved and is not lacking in comfort at all. We live in our sofas. We had planned for two sofas like our current set up (all of which have recliners that are used frequently) but ended up going with one sofa and two stand-alone recliners. My one concern had been the comfort on recliners. This put me at ease.

Jefe - How is the grain on the dining table? I get worried about uneven surfaces on that for wine glasses but it looks like the lighting might have made it look deeper than it is.
in4pics

Last time I was there I fell in love with one of the leather recliners. Shoulda bought it but it was rather :waxer: and I had no place to put it in my house :sad:
Johnny_P

stripethree wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:27 pm I just ate dinner at my dining room table. First dinner at a real table in a month.

I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING.

Teehee. :aintcare: that it is this late either.
:foreveralone:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:00 am
Sno wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:52 am

in4pics

Last time I was there I fell in love with one of the leather recliners. Shoulda bought it but it was rather :waxer: and I had no place to put it in my house Image

These are the recliners we did:

Sofa:

Then we rounded it out with a couple things from Target (our living room is massive)
Two of these guys

and two of these guys
Johnny_P

Sno wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:42 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:00 am

in4pics

Last time I was there I fell in love with one of the leather recliners. Shoulda bought it but it was rather :waxer: and I had no place to put it in my house :sad:

These are the recliners we did:

Sofa:

Then we rounded it out with a couple things from Target (our living room is massive)
Two of these guys

and two of these guys
I like. Yeah the recliner I liked was similar looking to that I think. It's been a while though.

Also, Target stepping up their furniture game or something? That chair looks really good!
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 am
Also, Target stepping up their furniture game or something? That chair looks really good!
Their online furniture selection is actually massive. Like....massive. 5/7.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

No shit, the current line-up of furniture Target has is on point.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sno wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:49 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 am
:ohdang:

I like the stuff we have, but it's not really 100% to my taste. Mid century modern is back in, and I love it.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Melon wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 am

I like the stuff we have, but it's not really 100% to my taste. Mid century modern is back in, and I love it.
:dat: I was actually showing my Mom everything we got at lunch yesterday and she was all "oh Lawd, your grandpartents had chairs that looked just like that that we took to Goodwill 20 years ago."

I will never ever go back to low ceilings but I'll take the lines and profiles.
Johnny_P

Melon wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 am

It is a cheaper, simpler way of designing and building furniture, but I prefer the simplicity and use of wood to warm the piece up. If it's done right it is warm, inviting, and calm. If it's done wrong it's cold and cheap looking.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Ok, recommend me a show rack, preferably black, not wall mounted or over the door. Need something in the downstairs room to wrangle my shit. Only other piece of furniture in the room is a black Ikea bookcase (5x5).

I was thinking something simple like this:

I could find something at Target, but Amazon seems much easier to search and destroy.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:48 pm Something special about the first dinner at a new table.
Chinese delivery. The pot stickers were oka but sauce was too salty. Props to the place having online chat that actually replied quickly to my egg question. The Szechuan beef was meh, their beef & broccoli was better.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

stripethree wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:03 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:48 pm Something special about the first dinner at a new table.
Chinese delivery. The pot stickers were oka but sauce was too salty. Props to the place having online chat that actually replied quickly to my egg question. The Szechuan beef was meh, their beef & broccoli was better.