Jefé's rental bachelor pad

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:26 pm
Sno wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:24 pm because Zilch and I don’t have friends
:idbu:

looks great :doe:
All :dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:26 pm
Sno wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:24 pm because Zilch and I don’t have friends
:idbu:

looks great :doe:
:dat:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Finally got around to finishing pinshit mirror project this weekend. Definitely form over function, but :aintcare: I'm happy with how it came out. Bounces more light around the room, fills the wall nicely and gives me enough mirror to evaluate things before I leave the house.

Ikea 1'x1' mirror attached to birch (3/8" IIRC) and heavy duty picture hangers.

SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

stripethree wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:50 pm Finally got around to finishing pinshit mirror project this weekend. Definitely form over function, but :aintcare: I'm happy with how it came out. Bounces more light around the room, fills the wall nicely and gives me enough mirror to evaluate things before I leave the house.

How do you like the West Elm sofa? They have some on sale right now that caught my eye, but I don’t know the brand well enough to know if you’re actually paying for quality or paying more for the name..
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:58 pm How do you like the West Elm sofa? They have some on sale right now that caught my eye, but I don’t know the brand well enough to know if you’re actually paying for quality or paying more for the name..
My only complaint is that velvet is quite warm as the temperatures have started to rise, but nothing that turning the fan up and a cool sheet can't fix. I know, kind of meh to put a sheet on a nice, expensive sofa, but it's hot. That's more a material choice than anything though. Thus far, everything else that I can see and touch is awesome.

I would say that you are definitely paying some for the name, but also some for better quality. If I were doing it again or had more time, I might shop other brands in the price point and quality level, but I have no regrets.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

Sawce, the Zilch hpusehold bought a west elm in leather pretty quickly after Jefe did. We love ours. The leather is 5/7. The profile is beautiful and we are loving how it’s breaking in, even with dogs laying all over it all the time. It was $3kish that we got for around $1,800. Keep an eye one their sales, they can make it worth it very quickly.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
SAWCE

Sno wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:58 pm Sawce, the Zilch hpusehold bought a west elm in leather pretty quickly after Jefe did. We love ours. The leather is 5/7. The profile is beautiful and we are loving how it’s breaking in, even with dogs laying all over it all the time. It was $3kish that we got for around $1,800. Keep an eye one their sales, they can make it worth it very quickly.
I had my eye on one of the leather couches, I think the Axel, but it’s a tough pill to swallow thinking about Ava climbing on it and scratching it up. If I find one on a good sale like that I’d probably do it.
SAWCE

stripethree wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:10 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:58 pm How do you like the West Elm sofa? They have some on sale right now that caught my eye, but I don’t know the brand well enough to know if you’re actually paying for quality or paying more for the name..
My only complaint is that velvet is quite warm as the temperatures have started to rise, but nothing that turning the fan up and a cool sheet can't fix. I know, kind of meh to put a sheet on a nice, expensive sofa, but it's hot. That's more a material choice than anything though. Thus far, everything else that I can see and touch is awesome.

I would say that you are definitely paying some for the name, but also some for better quality. If I were doing it again or had more time, I might shop other brands in the price point and quality level, but I have no regrets.
One of the ones I was looking at on sale is their twisted slub fabric. I need to go see a swatch of the fabric in person to see if I’d be okay with sitting on it and actually being comfy. This one in feather grey, or nightshade. I’m leaning toward the nightshade based on online pics:

https://mobile-beta.westelm.com/product ... sofa-h2078
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:12 am
stripethree wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:10 pm

One of the ones I was looking at on sale is their twisted slub fabric. I need to go see a swatch of the fabric in person to see if I’d be okay with sitting on it and actually being comfy. This one in feather grey, or nightshade. I’m leaning toward the nightshade based on online pics:

We bought two arm chair recliners to go with the sofa in something very similar, as well. Maybe the salt and pepper? None of those fabric names look familiar but it’s definitely a tweed that is very close and we have been 5/7 pleased with those, as well. And the dogs lay on those, also.

As for leather and the pup, I HIGHLY suggest one that is meant to look worn. Our sofa is the Hamilton in the cigar. That type of leather is sometimes referred to as a bomber jacket leather. It’s a leather grade that will absolutely have visible “imperfections” but it’s meant to. Let it have its personality. It’s meant to be that worn well loved look that you just sink into. I can honestly say our pups are helping our leather look better and better.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

stripethree wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:50 pm Finally got around to finishing pinshit mirror project this weekend. Definitely form over function, but :aintcare: I'm happy with how it came out. Bounces more light around the room, fills the wall nicely and gives me enough mirror to evaluate things before I leave the house.

:wtf:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

5/7 would stack to korobeiniki
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
SAWCE

Sno wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:14 am
SAWCE wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:12 am

We bought two arm chair recliners to go with the sofa in something very similar, as well. Maybe the salt and pepper? None of those fabric names look familiar but it’s definitely a tweed that is very close and we have been 5/7 pleased with those, as well. And the dogs lay on those, also.

As for leather and the pup, I HIGHLY suggest one that is meant to look worn. Our sofa is the Hamilton in the cigar. That type of leather is sometimes referred to as a bomber jacket leather. It’s a leather grade that will absolutely have visible “imperfections” but it’s meant to. Let it have its personality. It’s meant to be that worn well loved look that you just sink into. I can honestly say our pups are helping our leather look better and better.
Thanks! I’ll look into that leather. I like the worn/distressed look, so that could be a good fit for me.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Melon wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:29 am 5/7 would stack to korobeiniki
:lolgasm:
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Documenting for potential future drama.

Backstory - Move In

When I moved in here (Nov. 2017) landlord said the water bill is a single meter and the bill goes to the other (front) house. I'd owe around $40 a month and would pay one of the roommates, Sarah. Sarah gets my number from landlord, texts me, I say great, hit me up about the water bill when the time comes. I also mention it the first two times I see her in person. She never follows up. A couple months later, I mention it to the landlord, and he brushes it off as her being young and partying and forgetful. I stopped asking, and I've never paid a water bill.

Backstory - Noise Nonsense
There's been a couple times Sarah, who works as a bartender, so, late nights, has come home with friends and been loud on their back upstairs porch, which is about 20 feet from my bedroom. I think it is reasonable not to have people be rowdy at 3am or 4am on weeknights in suburban areas so I've said something, the first time via text. The second time it happened, my lady friend happened to be spending the night and she opened the window and asked that they keep it down. Sarah responded with, "Ah, I work nights and I live here." Drunk, dumb, not worth having it out. We can hear them through the whole house, it wasn't pleasent. Again, I'm not going to go argue with a drunk 20 something at 3am. They eventually quiet down and we get some sleep.

About two weeks ago...
... the other roommate, Michele, who I have interacted with here and there and seems generally cool, asks if my water bill has been high. I'm like, ah, what water bill. They apparently have some issues in the front house that led to like a 3x higher than usual bill. I explain to her the above backstory. She's like, WTF!? Not upset at me, just generally like, ugh. She's cool about it, wants to sort it out, and I'm like yeah, I'm not trying to skate on anything but I'm not going to chase someone so hard to give them money. We part ways with her saying she'll go through bills and let me know what's up. I check toilets and stuff to make sure nothing is running or leaking to contribute to a high bill and give her the "everything is cool over here" when we cross paths a few days later. She's going through bills to figure out what's reasonable and will work it out with landlord and get back to me.

Today
I text landlord asking him to schedule his landscaping guy, as we have been doing once every 5-6 weeks. $30 to cut my grass? Damn right I'll pay that when it's 90* plus outside. He says sure. Brings up water bill asking if I have exchanged any money. Also says he doesn't care if I have a live-in girlfriend, but the split might have to be 50/50. Says he's a reasonable person and we'll work it out. It strikes me as a little off, as to this point I'd been thinking okay, miscommunication, whatever, we'll figure it out. I let him know that no, I haven't paid as I was waiting on Michele, and no, I do not have a live-in girlfriend. I did not say this, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking there's no way I'm paying 50/50 on a water bill with two ladies in the other house. Calla spends maybe 1-2 nights a week at my place which is offset by how much we stay at hers and when I'm out of town. Calla's place is across the street from our office so naturally, it's more common for us to stay there during the week. On weekends we do that also as there are bars and things we walk to from her place. Landlord and I leave it with, alright, we'll figure it out and I'm like yup, let me know, happy to pay what I need to pay.

I get home, and Michele happens to be around and has numbers from water bills to chat about. We chat, she is super reasonable about the situation but a few things she mentions irk me. First, Sarah apparently has issues with me and Calla over the time she was asked to quiet down at all hours of the morning. That's direct from the other roommate, no conjecture from me. My intenral reaction, fuck that noise, literally and figuratively. That is, I'm betting, why the landlord things I have a "live in girlfriend" and I have found landlord and Sarah to be pretty chummy. I tell Michele yeah shit happens, it's water under the bridge, I don't care as long as it doesn't continue to happen. Michele remembers the night in question and describes the friend that was over as "loud as fuck". Second, Michele seems to have no knowledge of this arrangement that I was supposed to pay Sarah. She also mentions that Sarah wants to avoid this whole issue, which probably means she's shoving it off on others as being dicks. Michele's lack of knowledge here strikes me as odd, since she's been living there over a year.

So yeah, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Could be nothing. I have noticed that Sarah has been decidedly meh lately when I have seen her, but I haven't cared to wonder why. I'm not looking for a new bestie, but a polite wave or hello seems like common courtesy to me. If someone is going to get permanently bent out of shape because they were told to chill out once at a late as all hell hour, fuck off. Sorry not sorry that the world does not all work night shifts; it's not like I go out at 8am and rev the hell out of all the cars to make sure your sleep gets fucked. But maybe I should...

Basically, my takeaways from this are:
- Sarah seems like a potentially untrustworthy "I'm hot so I do what I want" type
- Landlord seems to be more spacey than I thought, and perhaps listens too much to the pretty young blonde
- I should deal with Michele, who seems to be more of a straight shooter with less give a fuck for drama

To be continued.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

The VW has to live outside, not everything will fit. The Nest cam covers the driveway quite well so, if she decides to be crazy and stupid, there will be evidence. I was already considering leaving it at work when I am in Portland for two weeks in June/July.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:16 pm Documenting for potential future drama.

Basically, my takeaways from this are:
- Sarah seems like a potentially untrustworthy "I'm hot so I do what I want" type
- Landlord seems to be more spacey than I thought, and perhaps listens too much to the pretty young blonde
- I should deal with Michele, who seems to be more of a straight shooter with less give a fuck for drama

To be continued.
Does it even need to be said?

Pics of "too hot" to adult the fuck up. :ban:
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Sarah sounds like a real coont.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

stripethree wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:16 pm Documenting for potential future drama.

..... it's not like I go out at 8am and rev the hell out of all the cars to make sure your sleep gets fucked. But maybe I should...

To be continued.
I think you know the answer, and make it 6am.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

4zilch wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:06 am I think you know the answer, and make it 6am.
Exhaust recommendations for the CB300?

:trollface:

Right now the warfare is more subtle. Every time the Egg is used, it adds a little more smokey smell to the porous furniture on that upstairs balcony.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Sno wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:12 pm Sarah sounds like a real coont.

with extra vowels for extra :sass:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:17 am
4zilch wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:06 am I think you know the answer, and make it 6am.

Right now the warfare is more subtle. Every time the Egg is used, it adds a little more smokey smell to the porous furniture on that upstairs balcony.
None. Just remove it until you find one you like.

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Leave a pink toothbrush visible somewhere.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:19 am

:notbad:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

dubshow wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:19 am

As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
SAWCE

We need pics of Sarah... for :science: ... so we can vote on how bitchy she's allowed to be.