Jefé's rental bachelor pad

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

stripethree wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:23 pm Any of them cute? Can I come visit?
One of 3 verified legit cute but IIRC she's not into dudes. Of other two, I met one chatting over a fence in the dark, so TBD and haven't met the third at all yet. I thought landlord said two of them are a couple. Who knows.
1/3 ain't bad. Even if the one who is single isn't that cute.. living right there could be an easy lay-up whenever you're ready for a rebound out of your last relationship.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiat

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:51 pm
stripethree wrote:
One of 3 verified legit cute but IIRC she's not into dudes. Of other two, I met one chatting over a fence in the dark, so TBD and haven't met the third at all yet. I thought landlord said two of them are a couple. Who knows.
Sounds like you should buy a telescope.

:notsure: possibly the creepiest thing I’ve read on the internet in a month.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

When's Jefe putting in the hot tub?
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Sno wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:51 pm Sounds like you should buy a telescope.

There is nothing I could ever say or do that you would interpret positively.
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:16 pm
Sno wrote:

There is nothing I could ever say or do that you would interpret positively.
Try, doe.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm At the risk of being sucked into your wedding planner decorative vortex, that is kind of cute.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Sno wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:04 pm
troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:51 pm Sounds like you should buy a telescope.

Thats it?
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:51 pm
stripethree wrote:
Sounds like you should buy a telescope.
:lolol:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Sorry, I thought it was funny.

Pretty sure he was just making a joke.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote:
Sorry, I thought it was funny.

Pretty sure he was just making a joke.
:dat: I chuckled.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Got all the stuff, minus Ikea bookshelf that I need to disassemble to move, over to the new place this weekend. Storage area with garage shit in the next weekend or two. Did it all with the Volkswagen because running out of money for this operation. 5 trips over 3 days, no big furniture, all hers. After finishing with the VW, drove it back to old place since she's borrowing it for a bit then geared up and rode the motorcycle over. Lyft back to old place to pick up Honda and last things that were forgotten, drove that back. Discovered there's decent Chinese delivery to my place (there is so very little good Chinese food in Ausitn, period). Setup Mac Mini, TV, and speakers on the floor and ate food off a $10 Ikea Lack table.

Few fucks were given. Exhausted but, I must say, extremely happy. Oh, and this was also after I did a Rugged Maniac on Saturday. There's probably something wrong with me.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Furniture.

I am set on going a step or more above Ikea. West Elm stuff is on sale, I can get a line of credit on prob, and their stuff fits my taste quite well: clean, modern, elegant.

Couch. Yes, in this color. I love this color.

Media Console

Coffee Table: the one thing I'm not 99% set on because it might not work with the two previous items, but I do love it. It is also the one item that I'm having a hard time swallowing that price tag.
And it has a matching side table

Bed

Dining... this was a challenge because I want something easy to move around. Bench and smaller dining table will, I think, be the ticket. Just one bench to start.

Table:
Bench:

I will possibly want a chaise lounger for the downstairs chill space, but there isn't one in the same style of the couch. I would like that as it will have some consistency even though they will be on different floors. They can also be in the same room sometime in the future, but that might be thinking too far ahead. I might just go with something cheaper there.
Last edited by stripethree on Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:35 am Got all the stuff, minus Ikea bookshelf that I need to disassemble to move, over to the new place this weekend. Storage area with garage shit in the next weekend or two. Did it all with the Volkswagen because running out of money for this operation. 5 trips over 3 days, no big furniture, all hers. After finishing with the VW, drove it back to old place since she's borrowing it for a bit then geared up and rode the motorcycle over. Lyft back to old place to pick up Honda and last things that were forgotten, drove that back. Discovered there's decent Chinese delivery to my place (there is so very little good Chinese food in Ausitn, period). Setup Mac Mini, TV, and speakers on the floor and ate food off a $10 Ikea Lack table.

Few fucks were given. Exhausted but, I must say, extremely happy. Oh, and this was also after I did a Rugged Maniac on Saturday. There's probably something wrong with me.
:notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I'll admit the end table is a little funky. I could probably do the coffee table without it, if I see the coffee table in person and really like how it works. Also not sold on the end table even if I do love the coffee table because the space is small and, above all else, I do not want it to feel cluttered.

Oh, and thanks!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:54 am Furniture.

I am set on going a step or more above Ikea. West Elm stuff is on sale, I can get a line of credit on prob, and their stuff fits my taste quite well: clean, modern, elegant.

Couch. Yes, in this color. I love this color.

Media Console

Coffee Table: the one thing I'm not 99% set on because it might not work with the two previous items, but I do love it. It is also the one item that I'm having a hard time swallowing that price tag.
And it has a matching side table

Bed

Dining... this was a challenge because I want something easy to move around. Bench and smaller dining table will, I think, be the ticket. Just one bench to start.

Table:
Bench:

I will possibly want a chaise lounger for the downstairs chill space, but there isn't one in the same style of the couch. I would like that as it will have some consistency even though they will be on different floors. They can also be in the same room sometime in the future, but that might be thinking too far ahead. I might just go with something cheaper there.
while cool looking, your media center & cofvee table have dust shelves. For the dust. All the dust. Consider making peace with that dust if you move forward.

Also look at All Modern online for good styled stuff at reasonable prices. Do it on a PC and check for closeouts too. We got several pieces through them and they are 5/7. Run sales weekly on different rooms too.
brain go brrrrrr
Sno
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

5/7 on furniture choices. I’m not 100% sold on coffee table either but love the sofe with that media console.

Media console and soda are too warm for that coffee table, me thinks.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:09 am while cool looking, your media center & cofvee table have dust shelves. For the dust. All the dust. Consider making peace with that dust if you move forward.

Also look at All Modern online for good styled stuff at reasonable prices. Do it on a PC and check for closeouts too. We got several pieces through them and they are 5/7. Run sales weekly on different rooms too.
Agreed re: dust. The landlord has a clean service/person hookup that I might :waxer: for if it's too annoying to keep up with. No carpet anywhere, so I expect dust to be a thing.

Good tip on All Modern; never heard of 'em but will check it out.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Sno wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:14 am Media console and soda are too warm for that coffee table, me thinks.
Soda?

Yeah, that is one of the reasons I am hoping to see it in person or just skip it. Sort of okay with no table in the living room to discourage eating in from of the tube habits.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

One more vote against the coffee table here. We were in West Elm Saturday looking at stuff, the wants are real.

Side note, that bed frame is just waiting to fuck up your toes and ankles. I couldn't have something sticking out that low and that far from the mattress.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Ditch the steel, stick with wood.

Wood is warm, houses are better with warm materials on the inside.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

HELLO FELLOW BLUE SOFA OWNER!

stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Melon wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:36 pm Image
:gaydance: Jesus even the dog bed in your place is blue. Obsessed much?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

stripethree wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:09 pm
Melon wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:36 pm Image
:gaydance: Jesus even the dog bed in your place is blue. Obsessed much?
:bruh:

You have two blue cars, and are looking at blue couches.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Melon wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:18 pm Image
brain go brrrrrr