Home chat 1.0

Building Bag End? Did your front fall off? More leaks than a Chinese steamboat? Show us your pinterest projects!

How do you house, brah?

Own it
67%
Rent it
19%
:crang: in mom's basement
10%
:dong: grabbing frat house
2%
At school
No votes
I'm nomadic
2%

Total votes: 42
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:06 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:01 pm
Breh's point was Dub led with all the shitty aspects and not the best. Looking at the outside, you'd assume it was inhabited by crack heads. The inside is outstanding, which helps justify the entire thing. The outside stuff is way minor now.
Dat :eeyore: perspective for life. If I just blasted all the photoshopped max HDR pro photos, that wouldnt paint the real picture.

I was showing some of the parts the need work and intentionally are not showcased in ad.

weee... fake grass

ohhhh fancy stainless metal - with cheap presswood cabinets

ahhhhhhh..... massive living room - with crooked tile casting shadows.

Yep, right. Everything blows. Just kill yourself.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:07 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:01 pm
Breh's point was Dub led with all the shitty aspects and not the best. Looking at the outside, you'd assume it was inhabited by crack heads. The inside is outstanding, which helps justify the entire thing. The outside stuff is way minor now.
My point was really that Eric was just being a DOOD and showing us where he was going to park his cars instead of the more renovated aspects of the home.
And brads point is that I will make it look like a trailer park littered with beer cans and broken cars.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:11 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:07 pm

My point was really that Eric was just being a DOOD and showing us where he was going to park his cars instead of the more renovated aspects of the home.
And brads point is that I will make it look like a trailer park littered with beer cans and broken cars.
:notwrong:

but we've moved on to bottles these days.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:11 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:06 pm

Dat :eeyore: perspective for life. If I just blasted all the photoshopped max HDR pro photos, that wouldnt paint the real picture.

I was showing some of the parts the need work and intentionally are not showcased in ad.

weee... fake grass

ohhhh fancy stainless metal - with cheap presswood cabinets

ahhhhhhh..... massive living room - with crooked tile casting shadows.

Yep, right. Everything blows. Just kill yourself.
:notbad: :like:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:26 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:11 pm

:notwrong:

but we've moved on to bottles these days.
:hue:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I guess I wont need to make that other :bread: . Im probably just going to kill myself after closing.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

That's a shitton of house for less than $300K, I'll say that. Airboat Lyfe.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:12 pm That's a shitton of house for less than $300K, I'll say that. Airboat Lyfe.
Once the :dill: is done I'll release the price im paying. Then the budget for renovation.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:02 pm I guess I wont need to make that other :bread: . Im probably just going to kill myself after closing.
You really have no other option.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:02 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:02 pm I guess I wont need to make that other :bread: . Im probably just going to kill myself after closing.
You really have no other option.
How can I lift my house on 37s :doe:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I want to see a new :bread:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:12 pm That's a shitton of house for less than $300K, I'll say that. Airboat Lyfe.
It seriously is. I need to start looking outside of Meatchicken in a few years.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 am
It seriously is. I need to start looking outside of Meatchicken in a few years.
its one of the redeeming qualities about the south for sure.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:16 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 am It seriously is. I need to start looking outside of Meatchicken in a few years.
My biggest challenge is finding gainful employment. What I do is really only valued by large corps, of which there aren't many in the south.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:22 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:16 am

My biggest challenge is finding gainful employment. What I do is really only valued by large corps, of which there aren't many in the south.
We have alot of industry. I'm not sure what your day to day is, but you might be surprised.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:43 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:22 am
We have alot of industry. I'm not sure what your day to day is, but you might be surprised.
Brand/marketing/product management paying well into the 6 figures is usually reserved for large corps from what I've found.

And rightfully so. Small orgs don't really need marketing/product management. Engineers can do it fine. You don't really need business people doing that stuff until you reach national distribution and serious volume of whatever you're producing.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:15 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:43 am

Brand/marketing/product management paying well into the 6 figures is usually reserved for large corps from what I've found.

And rightfully so. Small orgs don't really need marketing/product management. Engineers can do it fine. You don't really need business people doing that stuff until you reach national distribution and serious volume of whatever you're producing.
:word:

but if you make a move in 5-10 years.... you could have enough equity in your house to buy one cash down here, you could totes take that paycut and still live high on hog
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:22 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:15 am

but if you make a move in 5-10 years.... you could have enough equity in your house to buy one cash down here, you could totes take that paycut and still live high on hog
You read my mind.

I pitched this to the wife last week and she was really interested. No mortgage means income can be a lot less and still live a great life. We're already in a fantastic equity position in the :haus: so it's realistic.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 am
new bread inbound. Waiting on the final acceptance (we agreed to their offer so :iono: )

They wanted to resend the pre-approval letter (pdf). someone cant email apparently.

I've measured the house up last night. Its not 3151 sqft as advertised. Some :derp: appraiser definitely messed up. Best I get is 2720 sqft from the exterior perimeter wall. Including fireplace and air chases. This excluded the garage and back room. Including that is 3250 sqft total but garage aint conditioned space. Not sure how this will effect our financing route but thats a big difference.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:50 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 am

new bread inbound. Waiting on the final acceptance (we agreed to their offer so :iono: )

They wanted to resend the pre-approval letter (pdf). someone cant email apparently.

I've measured the house up last night. Its not 3151 sqft as advertised. Some :derp: appraiser definitely messed up. Best I get is 2720 sqft from the exterior perimeter wall. Including fireplace and air chases. This excluded the garage and back room. Including that is 3250 sqft total but garage aint conditioned space. Not sure how this will effect our financing route but thats a big difference.
could be :dill: breaker
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:56 am
dubshow wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:50 am

could be :dill: breaker
As long as it appraises, it'll be fine.

That said, what's price per sqft at 2,720? Probably worth calc'ing so you're prepared.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:25 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:22 am

You read my mind.

I pitched this to the wife last week and she was really interested. No mortgage means income can be a lot less and still live a great life. We're already in a fantastic equity position in the :haus: so it's realistic.
Plus Airboating.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:25 am
You read my mind.

Plus Airboating.
No way could I handle the humidity in airboat land. That's a :nope:

But the promised land of TN is calling my name. Would be perfect.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:18 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:14 pm

Plus Airboating.
No way could I handle the humidity in airboat land. That's a :nope:

But the promised land of TN is calling my name. Would be perfect.
COME TO THE DARK SIDE. WE HAVE CRAWFISH. WE HAVE INDUSTRY. WE HAVE CORRUPT LOCAL GOVERNMENTS. AND I LIVE NEXT TO THE FUCKING BOUDIN CAPITAL OF THE WORLD SON!